Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can wearing deodorant cause diabetes?

What should a person having diabeties avoid eating??

Do you think i did good?
I just checked my mom and her number was 94 , she has seen a doctor and proper diet and I did call the local hospital and they were very helpful. the starflix lowers the number , she feels fine and ...

Can watching TV give you diabetes?
I found this article and wanted to see what others thought of it. Please read article before answering.
http://www.medsocial.com...

My friend is diabetic and i don't know what to do.....?
ok, my friend has diabeties and she cant eat half of the stuff i eat and whene seh comes over i feel bad cuz i want to eat but she cant what do i do?????

no mean ...

How can you know if you have diabetes?
i have alot, almost all symptoms, and it runs in my family, both sides. but i dont have a dr and cant find one who will take my insurance. is there another way to find out??...

I drink an abnormal amount. . . ..?
No not liquor just water, soda, juice, koolaid, etc. i just the the last couple months seem to have this unquenchable thirst. im thirsty right now. My fiances mother(Dr) said thats a symptom of a ...

7 year old daughter has yeast infections. Help!!?

Which diabetes is more severe type 1 or type 2?

Is it true that if you have diabetes you can not have children?

Does diabetes qualify for a disabled placard for my car?
I was just diagnosed and was curious to see if this is the case. Thank ...

I am a diabetic, wondering why my blood sugars are high?
I've noticed for 2 or 3 days my blood sugars are 230 to 236. But have been much higher. I average around 145, I haven't eaten or done anything unusual. Only thing I can think of is not ...

Tired of being a diabetic?
i have been diabetic for about 10 years, i hate it i love to eat junk food and still do, my sugars are uncontrolled i know this is not right, but i have always been a compulsive eater, i basically ...

I have type 2 diabetes and i crave sugar all the time like all candies, why?
I crave chocolate and hard candies, I take medication for my diabetes but i want nothing but sweets....

I think I might have diabetes?
I am sleepy all the time. I sleep from about 3 in the morning to 2 i the afternoon. Then find myself fighting sleep again around 6 so I take another nap and wake up again at around 9. Then start all ...

Does diet coke affect blood sugar?
like will it make you more prone to diabeties?
like normal ...

My urine smells offensive.is there a pathology behind it?
my urine sugar is 2+.trace of protien.has a family history of diabetes....

Can you drive a car with cateracts?

I'm older, 68, diabetic and have painful feet that feel numb. It is really hard to walk?
Anyone got any suggestions on what to do for pain

What to do for numbness.

Thank Y...

If a doctor tells you that your kidneys are healthy, does that mean that you definitley don't have diabetes?
Or at least... you most likely don't have diabetes?

I was just wondering... thanks, guys!...

Diamond g
IS sugar-free candy for type 2 diabetes safe this is new to me can't you tell.?

Jamie, FNP
Rating
They usually use sorbital for sugar replacement
this is given for constipation toooooooo

old_woman_84
My opinion and experience:
I think you should experiment on your own body. Maybe normally it does not or should not but I knew one older lady and it DID affect her. She was an older lady and a very brittle diabetic, however. I used to tell her that I could look at her crossed eyed and it would change her blood sugar. lol (She is gone now)

helen2530
Rating
yes it is safe to eat,but don't eat too many. Sugar free candy gives you diarrhea if you eat to many

lucy l
Rating
actually you still have to eat it in moderation because there are sugar alcohols in it even tho it may be sugar free..just eat the portion it says on the back of the package and you should be okay

sarah
i think anything sugar-free is okay for diabetic..

Pegasus90
Rating
Your body may still initially react as if you were eating sugar cause the brain senses something sweet. It can have a laxative effect if you eat too much. (Won't tell you the details, but that happened to me big time one time.)

I try to use my craving for sweets as a signal to eat a protein based, low sugar, low carb snack. Now it is sunflower seeds, soy nuts, and sometimes almonds or macademia nuts. It really helps control the craving.

Ashley
Sugar free is good. Be careful though, the chemicals they use to replace the sugar to make it sweet sometimes give you diarrhea if you eat too much before you're used to it.
But make sure you read the package. It's carbs that matter.

♥ terry g ♥
Rating
It is safe though eating too much of it can cause gastro-intestinal discomfort (to put it nicely). It also contains sugar alcohols and carbs, which will affect your blood sugar levels, so eat it in moderation. Due to all of this, I prefer to eat regular candy ON OCCASION, in small amounts, when my blood sugar levels are well controlled.

Buzz s
Rating
HA! Sugar free diabetic candy contains sorbitol. Sorbitol is what the body converts glucose into and then puts it in nerves to give you diabetic neuropathy. Eating these is asking for trouble. Why they aren't off the market is beyond me.

sweeTie
Rating
yes it is safe, but, ckeck the serving chart and only have the allowed serving and monitor you glucose levels daily

Stefbear
It is safe, but you still have to be careful. Look on the package for the serving amount and use that. I have type 2 as well. I ate a whole bag of diabetic sugar free candy and got sooooo sick! My dietitcian said to follow the serving suggestions on the back of the bags.

Delannie
Rating
Usually it's fine. The package usually says, "excess consumption may have a laxitive effect" - nevermind that. excess consumption WILL have a laxitive effect. But "excess consumption" is different from person to person.

I've heard of sugar-free lollies containing sorbitol sometimes affecting BSL. Also, remember if you are eating things like chocolate, you may be getting sugars from other things (like the milk in chocolate).

It's okay to experiment a little and see what does and doesn't agree with your body.

Pete K
Sugar-free candies were created with Diabetes
in mind. (That's something you can be as sure
of as you can be of death and taxes.)
I'm not a diabetic, myself. But I'd suggest that if
you are a diabetic with a sweet tooth, you would
do well to find yourself another sort of fix. To coin
a common phrase: "Better safe than sorry.

Best of health & good luck.

doctorininternalmedicine1
Its Safe regarding increase in sugar but it has its own side effects. So I would say dont use it.

Dr.Mandar Arekar (MD- Internal Medicine)

Mikey
yes it wont spike your sugar

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy