Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Husband is diabetic, I need a list of grocery's for snacking. example reduced fat triscuits-very new at this..

Additional Details
I've been looking at the ingredents on all the boxes for the suger or oils that he needs to stay away from. But I'll come up will one item thats ok out of ...

When you have diabetes what foods can you eat without worrying about it?
And what foods should you absolutely avoid?...

What are some signs that I may have diabetes?

Can sugar diabet disappear after 1year use of insulin?I eating all exept white sugar?
im diabetic.last october was in hospital in critical situation,had crisis of poncrias,aceton in blood and overdose of holesterol.Terrible!Im 31 yo.1 year i injecting 35 units of insulin,twice a day.2...

Insulin pump question?
I just received my mini med 522 i think , its the smaller pump but anyways i haven't attended the class training yet and im still waiting on a phone call to have that set up .
How ...

Do men with diabetes have a threat from cancer of the prostrate?

Aged 77 yrs,having slight kidney problem,controlled diabetic?
using medicines are : Frusenex100 mg (half),Nephrocaps,statix-10,Olmesar10,Pa... folvite5mg.Now Blood urea level,69 mg,Creatine,1.7 mg.Sodium,141m,Potassium,4.1,chloride,99... Any Doctor please ...

Just afraid to go to the doctor, but I fall right to sleep after eating a meal or very run down, any idea why?
I am 37, a little overweight, moderately active. I feel exhausted after eating a meal regardless of what I eat or time of day. It is effecting the way I function in my day to day life. I am afraid of ...

Whats the right number for a healthy glucose check ?

Are "Healthy Choice" soups and microwave dinners allright for diabetics to eat?

Please answer if you have Type 1 Diabetes?
Ok please only answer if you have Type 1 Diabetes.
Do you ever go for a run of about 3 miles and get low, if so did you feel that you were low easier than you would feel it if you were at rest? ...

What is a dietician?

What makes blood sugar drop so drastically during the day when I am getting insulin shots?
I tend to get all sweaty and my blood sugar shows to be in the 60's after some juice it goes up to 103. It has been doing this alot lately and I am wondering why this is happening....

Taking glucose pill in public?
Hi, I am too embarassed to take a glucose pill in public (on the job, for example) but I have problems where my blood sugar drops low (not diabetes, just hypoglycemia). I am afraid someone will think ...

How do you handle a family member who won't acknowledge they have diabetes?
When I say they won't acknowledge they have diabetes I mean, they won't change eating habits. My mother was recently diagnosed and I have found it completely impossible to get across the ...

Controlled blood sugar around 95-100 for several years. Had shoulder surgery in December & average went up to.
150s-180s. Started exercising again around March and bs went to 130s-150s. Then 6 weeks ago almost all readings over 200, even a couple over 300. Taking metformin 850 2x religiously. In the gym 3-...

What's the average life expectancy for a person with type 1 diabetes?
I'm doing some research for a friend....

Hiya i was just wondering does anyone if you can claim dla for an adult with diabetes ?

Diabetic foot care?
Here is a real lame question. I’m new to the diabetic world and I was told I should take very good care of my feet. There are some areas that need a bit of looking at, on the heel for one. My ...

Is aspartame dangerous and able to cause physical ailments?

frog
I took the blood test HbA1c and the level was 6.6. does this mean i am diabetic?
the normal is 6.0 but my doctor is doing nothing. should i be worried or not?

pagolpakhi
Rating
6.6 ,, u could be diabetic
7 means to increase your anti diabetic medicine

Doc8
Rating
This should be evaluated along with blood sugars and other factors. It is a possibilty.

gunner
It depends on the lab running the test, there is a 15-20%range by different labs, but the HbA1C is not usually done for dianosis but to check the level of control over a 3 month time span.

rockerchick82
Rating
That is a question for your doctor. There must have been a reason that your doctor ordered an A1C test for someone that has not previously been diagnoised as diabetic. I find it difficult to believe that your doctor would tell you the results of such a test and then drop the subject. You should have (and now should) immediately said, "Okay, now what?".
If your doctor does not believe you to be diabetic at this time, it sounds like you could possibly be pre-diabetic. Maybe. Again this is a conversation you should be having with your doctor. Immediately.
Trust me, the complications of uncontrolled diabetes is nothing to mess around with.
Look at it this way, if you are not diabetic or pre-diabetic then maybe this is the wake up call you need to take control of your health.
Best of luck to you.

Dreamer
depens... a diabetic could also get a testing of 6.6 aswell if they're diabeties is really well controlled

blondy2061h
Rating
6.6 is an average bg of 158. It likely means you have diabetes. You need to get a fasting bg done. Above 125 on two occassions is diabetes. A1c can't be used to diagnose diabetes, but that's a concerning a1c.

Pegasus90
The other answers are good. I am at 6.3 and controlling it with diet. I am also on an anti-yeast cleanse because I found out that a yeast overgrowth condition (Candida) can happen when ones sugars are imbalanced - and can cause a further imbalance.

I was on metformin until my sugars started going down on the anti-yeast diet.

If you want info on this, there is basic info at www.hufa.org.

I think you should keep getting tested, and get worried enough to do something if your HA1c goes up.

Morphious
Rating
As has been said already, your 6.6 will give you an average blood glucose level of about 156 for the past three months. That's an average. It would have been higer and lower. So, yes you should be doing something about it. The average BG is 100 +/- 20 or 80 to 120. Doctors are now looking at people with a BG over 140 as being diabetic rather than "pre-diabetic". Anything between 120 and 140 is the "Pre" zone and an average of 156-158 is beyond 'pre' stage.

You can figure your average BG by doing the following: A1c of 5 is average BG of 100. Every point over 5, add 35 to the 100. So, with 6.6 you would add 56 (6.6-5 = 1.6 ... 1.6 x 35 = 56 ). Then add 100 + 56 = average 156 BG for past three months.

JOYfilled
Rating
What did your doctor say? The doctor would have a much better answer for you that Yahoo Answers!!!

I sure would be happy to have my A1c at 6.6 but I do have diabetes. My brother who also has it has a 6.0 A1c.

NOTE: If your doctor is doing nothing than don't worry but at the same time see what you can do with diet and exercise to prevent it from going higher.

Many pre-diabetics and Type 2 diabetics are finding a lot of help from using cinnamon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy