Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What point range is considered too low and too high when checking your blood sugar?

SOMEONE HELP ME its taking too long to get to lvl 2....?
im going to die of old age before i'll get to lvl 2........

What is high insulin levels?
I just was told I have high insulin levels - What exactly is that?

If anyone can answer this for me or provide me a link to a website with information, that would be great....

Is there a doctor in the house?
I have am diabetic and take insulin twice a day, but have increased my insulin cause my sugar remains high in the 300's, normally this help it to stay in the 100"s but now its not is this a ...

What are symptoms of diabetes?
im 14 by the way

i dont have to pee alot or drink alot. But i have lost like 3 pounds in a couple days(and on top of it i ate a whole bunch of food yesterday) so uhm could loosing weight ...

What are the side effects of diabeties patients?

Obese and bloated, Wilfred Brimley is the spokesperson for DIABETIC supplies. How responsible is that?

I am overweight and pressing hard toward becoming a diabetic. What foods can I safely choose to eat? WORRIED!
400+lbs.; hypertension; degenerative arthritis; heart murmur; ashmatic ...I've tried many fad diets and none of them work. I really need help from someone who knows how to help me become more ...

When a diabetic patient has to take medicine? Before meals or after the meals? When would be the effective fun
Some doctors prefer to take diabetic medicines half an hour before the lunch. Some preferes to tell that medicines do not have the effectiveness if we take after the meals or lunch. Tell me which is ...

Besides being a diebetic, what would cause protien to be in the unrine? Is it serious?
The doctor has ordered a 24hour unrine test for the lab. But I would like to know what it means to have protien in the urine and what would cause it. Thanks for your answers....

Excess sugar and starches are mainly converted into?

Insulin vs Diet?
Recently my doctor wanted to put me on insulin because my diabeteis is way out of control. He told me that there is no way that diet alone can bring down my levels right now. Well, I never got the ...

If i make money to donate to nick jonas' diabetes fund, who do i write the check out to?
i am currentley making money to donate to Nick Jonas and his Diabetes fund. But I am not sure who I make the check out to or what fund Nick is currentley with. Please help!!! Im just a Jonas Brothers ...

I am diabetic. Is Special K too many starches or carbs?
I ate two cups of Special K, 2 packets of Splenda and 2% milk and my glucose went to 279. I thought the two cups of cereal equalled maybe 3 exchanges of carbs and the splenda was free. Where am I ...

I've got diabetes. Is taking insulin gonna increase my body wieght?

Do people who have diabetes pee in small amounts?
I heard that the people who have diabetes pee often, but in small amounts. Is that true?...

What Can We Do To Stop The Myths?
What can we do to get people to stop beleiving the myths that sugar alone causes Diabetes? It seems where ever I go a lot of people still hang onto the myth that sugar or eating something sweet ...

Why are my sugar levels increasing after not eating? Gestational diabtetes?
I am 17 1/2 weeks and my levels are changing. I ate dinner and one hour later it was 117. 3 hours later it went up to 135. I took it three times and my levels were 137/125/135 in a five minute frame. ...

If you miss a medice or forget to take it during a period of time can it afeect you menatally?
the medicians that i am specifically looking for are Omprazole, Glyburide,Fosinopril,Metformin,Simvastat... A...

HUsband has diabetes......?
He was diagnosed over a year ago. His blood sugar is usually about 108. He came home today and it was 336. He took his pm Glipizide, about 4 hours later it is 259. He hasn't eaten anything ...

Theresa S
I sometimes have sugar in my urine?
ive had several urine tests and sometimes i have sugar in it and sometimes i dont. is this normal?or a sign of diabetes? can it come and go with diabetes?
Additional Details
forgot to add, i dont really eat too much sugar.

george
You should not have sugar in you're urine at all. It could be a sign of Diabetes, or Kidney infection best thing to do is check with you're Dr. If you have a friend with a glucometer you can test you're sugar. Fasting should be 75-125 Non fasting the avg is 90-150.

BRUCE D
There's more than one reason for having glucose in your urine. Yes, it can be in your urine sometimes, and not in others if you have diabetes. I don't know if you're seeing a doctor and having the urine tests or doing them at home, but glucose in urine without high glucose levels would not be diabetes but something else. It is possible that you ate a large amount of carbs before the test, but doubtful. A normal functioning body would not allow glucose levels to rise to the point that the kidneys would need to flush excess glucose levels. Finding glucose in the urine requires further testing. You should be tested for high glucose levels and/or ketone levels WHEN your urine glucose level is elevated. That will rule out out diabetes. I don't know whether you're male or female, but it's common for pregnant women to have glucose in their urine without diabetes (high blood glucose levels). Hang in there, you'll get it sorted out when you have those tests done. Don't worry...you'll be fine.

trishay79
Yes, it is a sign of diabetes but I dont know if it comes and goes with diabetes

elvis g
Rating
what is your doctor saying?

robert KS LEE.
Rating
yeap it's a sign of diabetes,u r better be aware of it.u must control ur eating habit,no sugar n carbohydrate food.consult ur DR asap.take care.

argette12
Rating
It is a sign of diabetes.
i studied this in Chemistry, and if there is a traceable amount of sugar then you could possibly have diabetes, or you are just consuming too much sugar in your daily diet.

Barry F
Rating
All I can tell you is my experience.

When I was about 17 or 18, I was 5'8" but only weighed 118 pounds. For a guy, that was pretty thin, and my doctor told me to gain weight. By the time I was 21, I had not gained any weight, but did notice from time to time, I would break out in a cold sweat, and get all "shakey feeling" like my whole body was vibrating. I was also exceptionally hungry. Other times I had a bad headache, blurry vision, and was generally groggy and almost like I had been drinking.

If I made the mistake of eating something high in sugar, I felt great for an hour or two, but then I would deteriorate through the above feelings, to the point where I was dizzy, confused, and extremely pale-looking. I never did pass out, but came mighty close. I called this "crashing".

Friends of mine eventually convinced me this was not right, and I saw a doctor. To my surprise, I found that I would "switch off" periods of time where I had low blood sugar (crashes), and high blood sugar (headache and blurry vision). When I was young, these switches could happen as frequently as every six months or so.

My tests showed that just prior to a crash, I had an exceptional amount of sugar in my urine. This would continue until my blood sugar level reached about 35, which is very bad. One of the glucose tolerance tests I took had to be stopped, and I was given a shot of something to bring my level back up to a reasonable level. I was kept in the hospital over night, too.

At that time, I went on a sugar-free diet and attempted to control the highs and lows this way, without medicine. Pills and shots were not a good idea since my symptoms would swing back and forth so rapidly.

With the diet and careful monitoring, I went along fine until just a few years ago. I am now 50 years old, and am now "officially" a diabetic. My first symptom of that was an unusually fast weight gain. I gained more than 100 pounds in a little over a year. I am now on several medications, and am working on losing these extra pounds. I have lost almost 60 of the little buggers so far.

As my weight goes down, I am finding that my sugar levels are easier to control, and I "spill" sugar in my urine less.

If you have diabetes in your biological family, you may be developing some early symptoms like I did. It is probably best to see a doctor, and to see about monitoring your blood sugar levels. If you can keep your blood sugar relatively even, you will find less urine sugar, and reduce your chances of kidney damage as you age.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy