Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Tell me something you have a weakness for ?
i have a weakness for ...

What is the quickest way to die from diabetes ?

Does anyone know if?
i am a diabetic and i get free eye tests, i am about to start work, does anyone know if i can free prescriptions when i do , for my diabetes medication or will i have to ...

Blood sugar of 317, Is that too high?
I tested at 109 but my boyfriend tested at 317. We received a free blood glucose monitor in the mail as a free sample. Neither of us has been diagnosed with diabetes. What do these numbers mean ...

How can i increase my weight?

If Hitlar moved next door and ask for acup of suger, you would.......?

Whats the difference between type 1 diabetese and type 2?
it runs in my dads side i was wondering what the statistics were for me getting it....

Does this sound like diabetes?
Firstly im not paranoid about getting it but my auntie,grandad,mum ,dad and sister have it
1.im tired day and night and i get 10 hours sleep but am still tired
2.im weak all the time

Is diabetes contagious?
is there any harm if a diabetic person takes care (giving bath, feeding, etc.) to the kid. is it ...

Why can't diabetics take insulin through their mouths?
I mean, if you drink alcohol it ends up in your blood, why can't you take insulin orally? Or would it take too much to be economical?...

My mom told me that .........
that she has diabetes, and she said it would go away, is that true?...

Can you get diabetes from kissing someone?
i have a rpor i have to do and i need to know this for my report can u lease help ...

Is something wrong with me?
i kinda WANT to have type 1 diabetes and i have no idea why? am i crazy? please help!
Additional Details
i don't want it 4 attention- i think i hav ...

Is it true that anyone can come become diabetic?
or yu may be already but not realise.... is it down to genetics or environmental?...

Im a diabetic, my blood sugar is 7.2 today is that very high?

I just found out that I have sugar in my urine, can I pee on my breakfast cereal now?

Additional Details
What Should I Do Ratard.. Email me and I will show you how to fly under the radar....

What happens if you're diabetic but never get it diagnosed or treated?
Like if someone pees all the time, stays thirsty, has the round "diabetic" belly, but never goes to the doctor and feels fine except for a bit lethargic and low energy? Will you suddenly ...

My friend has diabetes and her birthday is coming up, is it alright to buy him chocolate?
Im not sure weather your allowed much chocolate when you have diabetes.
Additional Details
*him

sorry for the mistake in the ...

Do I have diabetes, will they cut my legg off?
Everytime I eat something sweet it's either my leg (usually me leg though), or my arm that hurts in the inside. I don't really eat much but when I have a cup of soda or a cookie my leg ...

Holy hell, do I have diabetes?
My left leg hurts and I have no idea why. I haven't injured it, it just hurts. The pain starts at my thigh and goes down to my knee. My right leg feels fine, though.

I heard that in ...

kathy
I am very thirsty cant seem to get enough water these last few days, am i dehyderated?

keral
Rating
where do you live

Al3x_Dogg
not yet just wait a lil bit longer

hemi426mopar
Rating
If your tough is pink then no but keep drinking fluids.

Joe S
Rating
From what I understand by the time your brain is signaling your thirsty you are already in need of water.
http://fatjoelive.blogspot.com

T-Luv
try adding some salt to your diet in order to allow your body to absorb the water you drink

leeloo ♥
Rating
Certainly you are. If you add salt to your water, you will become more dehydrated so don't listen to everyone else. Actually best thing to do is for immediate relief and electrolyte replacement, go buy Pedialyte at your nearest Kmart, or any general store, even a Walgreens or Walmart.

I have a dehydration issue as well and I do this every time. It may seem like Pedialyte is for kids, but it actually works for all ages.

karen a
that was my first sign...8.. 32oz cups a day!!!!!! couldn't get enough of it!...then I was told at the age of 30 YOU ARE A DIABETIC! insulin right away...now 15 years later I'm getting ready for a adult stem cell transplant..too many complications and other diseases from the diabetes....catch it early and check your blood sugars daily!....don't end up like me...god bless

jan the proud lesbo
Rating
do you feel sick? do you have white salt deposit around your mouth? if so you could be diabetic.. go see a doctor

happy@50
Rating
you could be but check your blood sugar too.

GRETCHIE
Rating
You can't seem to get enough water? I'm trying to think... Any other symptoms that goes with your inability to quench your thirst, like weight loss, peeing a lot, and weakness? It may be that your blood sugar is low. Try checking it. You may also be dehydrated, especially when you have rapid weight loss, cracked lips, dry throat, weakness, flat neck veins or hand veins, and dizziness when you stand up, or when you start getting confused all of a sudden. If this had happened before, you may want to consult your doctor .

gigi
There is a good chance that you are, when ever you are extreamly thirsty that is the bodies way of letting you know that it is short on fluid. So drink up on the water.

zonemedicine.com
Rating
why you can't get enough water,are you in desert???/
take more water else you might be dehydrated, are you suffering from fever and any cause that causes water loss thru' sweat or any fecal-oral loss.

A F
You posted in Diabetes so apparently either you have or think you may have Diabetes. One thing that happens when blood sugar levels are too high is that the body tries to get rid of the extra glucose (sugar) by urinating it out. Another thing is that because the sugar is "fuel"for the body or would be if the systems were in balence the extra fuel makes the body run hot almost feverish. In either case your body instinctively wants more water so it can dilute the sugar and cool the fire.

Do drink all you want but that alone probably will not solve this. If you have a blood glucose meter check your blood glucose (blood sugar levels). If you do not either go buy one or go to a quick care or the ER and tell them about the extreem thirst and also tell them if you are urinating (peeing) a lot and if you generally feel lousy. They will check it for you. I would normally say go by your doctor's office or the health dept but this is the weekend and if you have been that thirsty for days you do not need to wait till monday. Please even if you don't have $ or insurance go to get checked. Hospital ER's will bill you and all have indigent care plans to help people who need care and can't afford it. If you test your own blood glucose and it is over 300 please also go to the ER. Different practices vary. The ideal is to keep blood sugar level under 140, some say under 160-180. A hopspital near us claims 220 is OK tho where they get that number I have no idea since I am not seeing it in any diabetic care info. But all health authorities and diabetes experts agree anything over 300 is a crisis. Over 400 call 911 or get a ride to hospital. Do not drive yourself.

Your body can often sustain and survive at these high sugar levels however each time you run the risk of passing out (diabetic coma), and hurting yourself or someone else perhaps fatally, and each time it does damage to eyes,kidneys,heart, circulation,etc.and increases the lkelihood of kidney failure, loss of vision or loss of a foot or leg.

It is of course possible that you just plain have a bug and are running a fever but that too can affect your blood sugar levels so even in that case please keep a check on them. So can simply getting too hot from the weather, exercize etc. and if a person has a tendency to diabetes or messed up blood sugar levels it takes a lot longer to get it back in good balence.

BTW water really is the best thing to drink so you are doing well there. Regular soda and juices and a lot of sport drinks will raise blood sugar levels and oddly enough diet soda often will too.

Please be good to yourself and get this checked out.

ana z
if you're diabetic then the "thirst" is a symptom of your diabetes, otherwise known an polyphagia or excessive thrist. if you're not a diagnosed diabetic, then have yourself checked - very common disease and management is readily available.
if you're not a diagnosed diabetic, then monitor how much you drink and how much you urinate, if it is almost equal then we do not have a problem, if not go see an endocrinologist.

susandorey
Rating
Kathy you don't give enough information like, how much water are you drinking the last few days?

Excessive thirst is often associated with diabetes so you might want to get tested for this.

However, as I said, you don't offer enough information.

concerned citizen
Rating
Are you newly diagnosed diabetic? If you are, perhaps you're experiencing hyperglycemia. Try checking your blood sugar/glucose. You can do this if you have a glucometer. If you don't...it is better to see a doctor right away before some complication may arise.

If you are diabetic, classic symptoms of diabetes (hyperglycemia or excess blood sugar) includes increased thirst, increased urination, and increased hunger.

How old are you by the way? It is best to consult a doctor. Do not just accept other people's suggestions.

simplysweetnsexi
Rating
Excess hunger, thirst & urination are 3 basic symptoms of diabetes. Does this run in your family history? Are you high risk such as older, over weight? I would monitor your intake for a few days. If diabetes runs in your family, grab someone's glucose monitor & have them use it on you a couple times just to see. If symtoms continue, or you have other symptoms I would definitly get it checked out.

beautifulblackme
Rating
You might be. I'd go to the doc just to be sure though.

Joey B
Rating
You not healthy ... I mean something is wrong with you and if you don't see the signs now you will soon.
or

You could still be getting over something.

Sparkles
Rating
Since you have this question in the diabetes catagory, perhaps you should be checked for it.

columind99
Rating
Sometimes a thyroid problem can cause an excessive thirst aslo

sticky J
It sounds like it if you can't get enough water. or..is it more humid where you are now?

Extreme thirst is also a sign of diabetes...you might want to get that checked too

spacey_stacey
a symptom of being diabetic is being thirsty all the time,see a doctor asap!

"McRib" NREMT-P
Could be. Do you have Diabetes? If not you need to get checked for it. Constant thirst, frequent urination, and constant hunger are also symptoms. If this problem continues see your Doctor.

Melissa♥
Me too! It's just the warm weather. I've been drinking like 7 liters a day.

onceisenoughilearnedmylesson
Rating
very possibly...but, you could also be experiencing the effects of diabetes...see your doctor

?
Rating
or could be that your blood sugar is high. possibly get that checked out by a doctor

Mz_Monroe
Rating
Most likely you are. Try drinking some Gatorade, a flat cola, or children's pedialyte. Also try eating some salted crackers. Dehydration will last until fluid and electrolyte intake surpasses what is being lost (sugars and salts), and fluid and electrolyte levels are returned to normal. Plain water can lead to your electrolytes imbalances and worsen the problem. So don't drink excessive amounts of water.

jukioo
Rating
If your urine is yellow or darker, yes!....Drink more water....You can last weeks without food but only days without water.....

asleep_cutie_pie182
I was told that if you're pee is clear than you aren't dehydrated. But when it's yellow you are.

Carlos Mal
Thirst is a fancy name for dehydration. Drink more water, it won't hurt you. If you can't get enough buy something with electrolytes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy