Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

My two year old cousin has diabetes, what could be the cause of that?
His blood sugar level shot up to 600+ last week....

Are there three types of diabetes?
a friend told me there were, but I've only heard of 2...

Is numbness in hands, and fingertips, and feet symtoms of diabetes are bad heart are maybe both????
my sister been havin numbness in hands, feet, sometime, she have never had any heart problems so now she focusin on diabetes could it be that are maybe both?? plz reply thanks!!.....

Why more than 85% of people suffering from diabetes?

Can you outgrow diabetes?
i have it but im only thirteen can i outgrow this in a few years or so? or will i have it for life?...

What is the cause of the increasing prevalence of diabetes?

Does anyone else hate this?
I hate that I have to carry around a candy bar in my purse at all times (incase my blood sugar crashes), and not eat it. ARGH. I tried buying candy bars I don't like and discovered there's ...

Whats diabetes?

Is insulin bad for you?
People with diabetes who take insulin, is it bad for them? or is the
insulin just needed to manage blood sugar? And the blood sugar (if not managed well) is the real problem....

Thjis is a serious question. Does someone know the answer?
My grandmother has diabetes. Her foot became infected. She had to have her little toe removed. Now it is 6 weeks later and the wound has not completely healed. It still drains(although not nearly as ...

What is the life expectancy?
What is the life expectancy for people who have diabetes (type 1). Assuming they take care of themselves and they are healthy. I have heard many different things....

What is the easiest and best diabetes monitoring kit?
My friend has type 2 diabetes and only tests himself when he feels bad. He goes to his parents house and borrows his mom's kit. I want to buy him one that he can carry with him and is easy to ...

My blood sugar was 120, the doc said cut sugars, carbs and exercise. Do you have any other tips?
did you go to an diabetic educator, are they good, what is the cost?

Thank ...

What should be the proper diet for a diabetic patient?
i m 49 and suffering from diabetes. what precautions should i take?...

Why do diabetics have things amputated?
I am not a diabetic and thank God I am not but I am so confused on this because I thought diabetes was kind of like a blood disorder or something like that, doing research I found that over 5 great ...

Diabetic question?
Can you take sweetners in your coffee if you are a borerline diabetic? By sweetners i mean the ones from Tesco .(tesco own make)....

Do grapes make blood sugar high?
It work we have to check blood sugars daily and today we gave a bowl of graps for snack, it was extremely high afterwards... trying to see if it was due to grapes.. i know rasins are high so thought ...

Is gastric bypass a healthy option for a type 1 diabetic, overweight teenager?
I am 17, and i am 6'5, and i weigh 320 lbs. I played football this last year and it was tough due to my being out of shape and i want/need to lose weight. I worked out all winter and played ...

Does Diabetes run in the family?
If a parent has Diabetes does that mean the family should be checked as well?...

My Husband just found out that he has high chlosterol, what foods should he eat?
Or what site can i go to, to find out this information? Any help you can provide me with i would apprecaite it.Thank-You....

maevans113
I am newly diabetic and I don't drink soda. What can I drink besides water?
I have been told that fruit juice like orange and apple juice is not an option because of its effects on my sugar. I have found that diet soda has a really bad after effect on me so I steer clear of that as well. Any suggestions would be helpful.

aggie
Rating
crystal light, sugar free koolaide, there are a bunch of products that are "light", such as minute maid which makes light lemonade and limeaide..tea, coffee, there are many diet or light offered drinks, you just have to look for them.

keri_ricker
Rating
Crystal light.

Jilibean‚ô•
Rating
I am borderline diabetic, and I try and steer clear of all of the artificial sweetner crap. I drink a LOT of ice tea, unsweetened with fresh lemon or lime in it and a lot of ice..really good and you can find many different flavors. Best wishes.

ballafosho
flavoroed water

Abby G
Rating
Well water is good for you so you should drink more water then anything else but there are lots of options out there. You can drink Crystal Light or an diet Ice Tea. There are a couple good low sugar juices, they have anywhere from 5-10 carbs per serving but much better then regular juices(Ocean SPray makes a couple). I actually drink a lot of the flavored waters because I am not much or a plain water fan. There are a lot of low carb drinks available now on the market, I would just look at the grocery store for things you like.

owains
Rating
Tea, all types, but NO sugar . Skimmed milk is okay in black tea though.
Coffee is okay if no more than one cup a day, no sugar.
Diet soft drinks are no go for you as you say, but if you find some that you can tolerate make them a treat, not a daily thing.
Water can be lightly flavoured by kepping it in the refrigerator with a lemon/lime/orange wedge in it. That wll not add significant sugar to the water.
AVOID fruit juices: most are sugared water really.
Avoid milk in large quantities: it is high kilojoule, quite high fat and high GI.

wcowell2000
Minute Maid makes a awesome sugar free lemonade. Make sure you drink it cold though.

Andre Romero
Water is the best for you.

You can also make juice at home and have it. Specially with green vegetables, kale etc, add some fruits for taste.

The Juices you get outside are harmful, as they contain a lot of things like high glucose fruit syrup other than the pure juice.

Fartbuster
Rating
Any diet sodas are 0 carbs, look for flavored waters with 0 carbs, unsweetened teas are 0 carbs

kdonahoema
Rating
Water, unfortunately, is the best liquid to drink. You will grow used to the taste. Maybe you need to buy better water. What about carbonated mineral water? Tea or coffee? You could add flavor packets to water (just make sure they are safe for diabetics).

smayrae
Crystal Light is wonderful, also FUZE is good....unsweet tea

Ich bin Kurt
If I were you, I would stick with water. Its the best thing for you and you'll lose some weight just drinking that.

Mozz, incognito
Fruit juice and regular soda are key for hypoglycemia treatment, which you have surely learned. So don't remove them all from the house. Keep a couple cans in the back of the fridge.

Crystal Light makes a huge variety of drinks. We also drink sugar free lemonade, caffeine free ice tea, and caffeine free diet coke.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy