Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How can I stable my BSL untill i can get to the doctors in a couple days?
Ive been feeling really weak laty and peeing every 5 mins, I have all the symthoms of diabetes, I just took my BSL i have not eaten anything loaded with sugar or no crap food my BSL is at 374 I just ...

My family has a history of diabetes and i have many of the symptoms does that mean i am at risk?
I have all of the symptoms and they are becoming more frequent in my daily life shouldf i be ...

Does everyone know that 911 is for emergencies...not Yahoo?
For you nit-wits that think it is better to run to your computer to ask what to do when someone is having an emergency...seizure, diabetic emergency, not breathing, or whatever....when the person is ...

Can I test myself for Diabetes by using someone else's blood-glucose meter?
If so, how would I do it....

Is a blood sugar level of 83 normal?
Soon after ...

Can drinking too much coke (or other acidic soft drinks) cause acidosis?

How to cure diabetic?

Is it safe for a type 1 diabetic at disney world?
I am a type 1 diabetic and my family is going to disney world in march is there any concerns for a diabetic to go to disney world?...

What kind of medicine can i take if a cat bites me?
a cat bite my mom on saturday and yesterday she was with a lot of fever but the problem is that she dont have any kind of insurance, and she has diabetes.
thank u for ur answers....

How can I make my glucose down 121 to 108what?
what is the best thing to do to make my glucose down to 108...

Ideas for a fundraiser for my friend and it needs to be big, because her nan's just died from a leg amputation
or should i leave her alone to grieve....

I am type II diabetic what should my goal a1c be?

Lantus insulin ?
my doctor mentioned maybe trying it out soon I was wondering about the cons and pros about its effect--Im taking humulin N and humulog and have been diabetic for 18 years and am now 28...

I feel pain in my feet when trying to get up sitting or in the morning but goes away when I walk?
I'm 51 years old male (somewhat overweight). I don't have any known diseases and I'm not taking any medicine. Recently I've started feeling pain in my feet (heel and toes. I think ...

Diabetes or not?
Im almost 15 years old, and around a couple of months ago i started getting suspicions that i have diabetes. i looked up the symptoms, and i had every single one of them! im extremely thirsty/hungry ...

Will I probably get diabetes?
My grandpa has diabetes and my dad probably does. Due to genes, am I likely going to get diabetes, too? If so, what age do most people get diagnosed with them?...

Do you about something that helps in curing or dealing with arthritis? Mom is suffering from it.?
she is over 70 years. She is diabetic. She takes medication for high blood pressure also so many kinds of medicine are prohibited on her.
Additional Details
Thanks for every body for ...

Will not eating regularly before an Oral Glucose Tolerance Test affect your results?

I need to know about refridgerating insulin...?
I am just wondering how long it can be left at room temperature, and does it become ineffective after being out and getting to room temp. What is the reason fro keeping it cool?...

Is a diabetic who eats and drinks what he wants ,eventually in trouble. Pills seem to always give a good read

Girija N
I am a diabetic, every half a hour i get hungry. i want to know why ? what is a reason?

Tina of Lymphland.com
GREETINGS, I've been diagnosed with high sugar for the first time, parents are both diabetic, I guess the easiest way to explain it is:

First your body over time puts out insulin to attack sugars. When you eat bad foods or are genetically prone to diabetes your body's metabolism clock is worn out. There are 2 kinds of sugars refined and carbohydrates. Refined are your sweet candies, pure sugar and man made sugars, the carbohydrates are found in breads, and mostly fruits.

Let's say you eat a refined sugar, a dish of ice cream and it has 300 calories. In that 60 seconds (refined sugars go in the body the minute they touch the tongue) that's 300 calories roaring into the body, the metabolism says that's 50 calories a minute and it doesn't know how big that dish is so it sends out a ton of insulin to counteract the sugar rush so your levels spike high. Whereas if you ate 4 apples for that 300 calories, which are carbohydrate calories, that's going in by the time you chew it all up much slower say 10 calories in the first minute, your body doesn't put out as much insulin to counteract it.

they say diabetics shouldn't eat fruit but that's not true, fruit is very good for you and it's a carbohydrate so it's a slower form going into the body rather than ice cream or cake.

When your levels fall after a sugar rush, you get hungry and weak so you eat more and it's a vicious cycle. That's why many small good healthy meals a day keep the levels even.

Pauline F
Rating
I am type 1 and I certainly know what you mean by the hunger thing. If you are taking insulin as I am you should know that there is meant to be something in the insulin to suppress your appetite although since going on to insulin I have gained nearly 2 stone in weight.
I am due to attend thye dietician to see where I am going wrong but I know by sticking to a healthy low fat low carb diet with slow release energy foods I shouldnt be as hungry every half hour. Foods like All-Bran, porridge and soya products. Also SWeetners like candarel and splenda ...... they dont have the sugar content but are really loaded with calories!
So watch out .... what we think is good for us is sometimes worse for us.
Also , diabetic jams, chocolates and sweets are loaded with calories and they dont fill us up.
Try to arrange to see a diatician through either your GP or your Hospital. They will sort out your hunger thing and you will find that your sugar levels will be better controlled also. Good luck, If you need any more help you can e-mail me at..... flemingpauline@yahoo.co.uk

Im not a doctor just a normal person with type 1 but if I can help you in any way I will.

From Pauline, Larkhall, Scotland

happy@50
I was like that too. Eat eat eat it is a never ending cycle. I found the end. It is called Byetta and it took away my never ending appetite. It is the best thing that ever happened to me!!!! It is an injection but the needle is tiny tiny....I am absolutely grateful for byetta...........

The Leveler
Rating
It's the power of THE BEETUS

Ice ^_^
Rating
The problem in diabetes is insulin.. There may be a problem with pancreas..it is not producing insulin (DM1) or producing but insufficient (DM2). Now, one of the functions of insulin is to deliver nutrients to your cells, no insulin-->no distribution of nutrients to your cells or low insulin-->low distribution of nutrients to your cells...what would happened? Your cells will get hungry (cell is the smallest functional unit) and when these cells get hungry they will transmit a message to your brain that they are hungry and to compensate this, your brain will tell you that you are hungry...that's why you are always hungry. But even if u eat a lot but still there's no insulin that will deliver to your cells, what you have eaten is just circulating in the blood (hyperglycemia) you will still be hungry. Consult your M.D. Regards. Hope u feel well soon.

Member: http://PhilippineNursing.blogspot.com

White Polar Bear
Rating
Ask for a regular physical, including blood test. Pay attention to other things besides your diabetic condition. For example, if you have thyroid problem you could feel hungry frequently as well.

flpantherlady7
Rating
Your sugar fluctuates, hasn't your doctor put you on an eating schedule? You need to eat several small meals a day, as well as measuring your blood sugar. Be sure to ask your doctor, you need a good maintenance program. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy