Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Does cinnamon help lower blood sugar?
the past couple months i have been on here asking questions about diabeties and ive been getting really good advice. i was dignosed in feb and no one i know has it and its not in my family. needless ...

What kind of foods should i pack my diabetic child?
My daughter is 8 and we just found out she is a diabetic.I want to pack her lunches for school but I do not know what kind of foods I should pack.i know nothing sugary.Please help me.
A...

Can diabetes spread through blood?

Do you think i have type 1 diabetes?
I just recently got these symptoms so can someone answer me plzz

Increased thirst and frequent urination=I have to always have sumthin 2 drink on my like rite now i just drank water and im ...

Wht is the best food for a person who is suffering from diabities?

I have diabetes and i'm just now learning how to do my own shots, and im REALLY scared. HELP!!!!!?
ive had diabetes for about 8 years, and im 13.
i also need to know how to do it in 3 days because im going on a trip. i know this sounds funny, but im so scared to poke myself!!!!!!!!...

My babys doctor gave my baby some medicine to take. it calls for 0.4 cc and the pharmacy did not give me?
anything to give it to her with. i have some insulin syringes for my diabetes. how can i measure the 0.4cc on that type of syringe
Additional Details
people i am not risking my daughters ...

Diabetes and burning feet sensation?
I sometimes get the dreaded burning feet sensation, particularly at night, that makes me feel as though my feet are on fire. Is there anything that will help stop this?...

Breaking insulin needles?
What should I do if a needle breaks inside me while doing an insulin injection? It is a very real fear as I jump at sudden loud noises which happens frequently where I live....

What is insulin?
really what is ...

Do you find having diabetes harder the longer you have it?
do you feel more stressed out with things is your a1c harder to control. do you find it harder to stick by your dirt at all times please help as i feel iam just loosing interest in having diabetes ...

My mom has diabetes and is going blind. Is there anything that can be done to save here sight?

I think I have diabetes?
I am 14 years old and have 2 aunts that had diabetes. I have some of the symptms. I have recently lost 10 pounds (without trying), I always am thirsty, have blurry vision when I turn corners, and ...

Why does high blood sugar levels in diabetics cause nerve damage and increase risk of infections?

Tell me what you think?
Do you think that alli is good for a person with high blood pressure and diabetes?...

Low Blood Sugar?
I am fourteen and I have low blood sugar. Its probably because I'm a chocolate fanatic and my mother has it. I've gotten better about my sugar intake and I do everything the doctor tells me ...

Does anyone else have concerns with Lantus Insulin?

What, besides peanut butter, is a good high protein snack for a diabetic?

My boss is diabetic. Anybody here got some experience with the same "problem"? e.g. permanent change of moods

Additional Details
He's got it for years, is overweight, drinks and smokes!!!...

How high my blood sugar needs to be to be diabetic?

Tatum
How many carbs are you suppose to have for one meal, if you are diabetic?

Additional Details
it's for my bf and he takes metformin twice a day

cubby
My husband's dietitian said he needed 5 carbs at a meal. A carb is = to 22grams or less, so for 1 meal the carbs for a man should be around 85 to 100 including snacks.

dtownfb
Rating
Try to keep your carb intake between 45-60 grams for each meal. Adjust your intake depending on how you feel after your meals. If 60g makes you feel lousy, get it closer to 45 or lower.

But I will warn you that if you try to control your diabetes strictly by counting carbs, you are going to get frustrated and disappointed. Diabetes is a lifestyle disease. You need to eat healthier and exercise at least 5 days a week. Limit your intake of white flour and white sugar; eat more fruits and vegetables; and keep your caloric intake to under 2000 calories. Develop an exercise program where you are getting at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 5 days a week. Start with walking (at a brisk pace) or bike riding.

Lucky
Rating
my doctor said to follow 45-60 carbs per meal and 15 carbs for snacks. i have more carbs in the mornings cause im more active and less at night. my doctor has me following carb exchanges. assume the foods in all the food groups are 15 carbs and follow the suggested servings of each food group per day. stick with longer acting carbs and little of things like fruit and breads and such cause they tend to spike your sugar and you drop really fast. it really depends your activity level too. i can eat more freely when im more active. if im less active and eat alot it tends to get high.

Brellarr ;]
It depends on your food choices, and it also depends if you have the pump or not.

sue
depends on your choice of foods, exercise, and what meds you are taking.

I like to try to keep my grams of carbohydrates to around 100 per day!! that includes all meals and snacks.

burger
Rating
It varies from person to person and from doctor to doctor.
If you are not going to see your doctor in the near future, here is a rule of thumb that is not unreasonable: 45 Gm each for breakfast and lunch and 75 Gm for dinner. Add 15 gm for a snack mid morning, mid afternoon and evening and you get a total of 210 per day. If you don't snack, those carbs can be added to your meal.
I know not everyone will agree with this and it is not a weight reducing plan. But it comes close to a dietary plan used in our local hospital. By all means check with your doctor the next time you see him/her.

Mel
Rating
when i first started out about 2 yrs ago, i was on a strict meal plan of 65 carbs for breakfast, its actually not that hard to do.
its a good number and easy to do.

Cammie
No two people require the same amount of anything.
A two year old with diabetes needs a different amount of medication and food as a teenager who is active in sports.
A 40 yr old woman who is underweight has different needs from a 40 yr old man who is overweight.
You need a great endocrinologist and dietitian.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy