Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Help me I'm new at being a diabetic?
what kinds of recipies can i use since i am a diabetic? if you know of any good healthy foods. please help me i need all the help i can get. i just found out today that i am a diabetic and ...

How long can you live when on insulin and a pancreas that quit?

I saw an answer for diabetes and i show at least half of the symptoms?
i dont want to tell my parents because parents like to come to conclusions themselves and with me telling them i dont know i they would take me seoursly what should i do?

i am/have

My wife and i have a friend who lives in Canada, the other day he said his blood sugar was 31. US conversion?
what is the diabetic lvl in us to C...

Hypoglycemic? Diabetic?
Im wondering if I might be hypoglycemic or in the early stages of becoming diabetic...

My dad is diabetic and says that I should watch out for low blood sugar episodes where my hands shake,...

At what number do you feel low blood sugar coming on?
I know 70-120 is supposed to be okay, but I start feeling low in the low 90's and really hungry in the 80's. By the time I hit the 70's or below it can get ugly. Normal or no? What ...

Iam 200lbs over weight and need help losing any suggestions needs to be free?

2 part diabetes question?
my sister just got diagnosed, so we are trying to learn about it by asking questions, i love this site and it was helpful thus far...

1. she was told to get flu and pnemonia shots when ...

I have diabetes and require insulin. by law does my employer have to allow me a break to do this.?
my employer doesn't feel he should have to give me time to do my insulin shots.we do not get breaks at the convence store i work at....

Can NICK JONAS DIE OF TYPE 2 DIABETES!?!?
OKAY ALL THE JONAS BROTHER FANS KNOW THAT NICK JONAS!!(THE GUY I'M TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH) HAS TYPE 2 DIABETES! CAN HE DIE?!?! OMG IF HE DID I WOULD BE SAD.
Additional Details
I DON�...

I have two diabetics coming to visit. What do I feed them?
My mom is a diabetic in which she controls it by diet. My aunt is a diabetic that takes daily insulin. I have no idea what type of foods to buy and cook. Help please!...

My Blood Suger level fell to 26,What is the smalles it can be to die ?

What's a typical dose of Lantus insulin?
I take about 38 units each night. Is that above average, below average, typical? My morning blood sugar runs around 87 to 120 (my fasting sugar runs high--I've watched it go up without my ...

Correctness of Hb1Ac Test result?
I posted a question earlier.Thanks for your response.
I got diagnosed for FBS 130,three months back.From then,I am using ayurvedic medicine.Blood Sugar has come down.After three months,I got Hb1A...

My friend, newly diagnosed with diabetes, has an infection in his big toe. Should he have his foot amputated?
HIs brother complains that the podiatrist is acting too slowly. His brother (actually another kind of doctor) wants him to get a second opinion with an eye toward more aggressive surgery, as the tip ...

What is to low a number for your blood sugar if you have diabetes?

I'm a diabetic what i wantto know is what kinds of food would be foods you could eat anytime?
i am a snacker i cant help myself i want to know what they call free calories i'm a diebetic also i eat alot pickles is there anything else out ...

Any natural remedies to improve diabetes?

Why is type two diabetes becoming so common in children?

Blood sugar?
is 105 good for a blood ...

BRIAN M
How long can a insulin dependant diabetic usually survive without taking there insulin before dying?

Haje
What type of diabetes we are talking about? Both type I and type II diabetics use insuline, so the term insuline dependant diabetic is quite obsolete. It is like talking about infections cured by penicilline or something as daft like that.
Seriously, type I diabetic have lost the ability to make their own insulin, and are wholly dependent on external insuline injected into their body, and since carbs won't get broken down properly without insulin, ketone bodies will form, blood sugar levels will rise, you pee a lot and loose a lot of fluid and be dehydrated, en within something like 36 to 72 hours develop a ketoacidotic diabetic coma and if untreated will die.
On the other hand, type II diabetics still make insulin, but not enough for their needs which are higher than normal due to insulin resistance, a lot of type II diabetics are not aware of them beinig diabetic so use no treatment at all and live, but develop long term complications like blindness, kidney failure, stroke, heart attacks etc. How high your blood sugar goes is also dependant on what you eat. If blood sugar levels go high enough, type II diabetics will also pee a lot and get dehydrated, and eventually develope a non ketotic hyperosmolar diabetic coma, but this take many days/weeks to develop. Btw this is serious too!
During the latter years of WW II in The Netherlands no insulin was to be had, but a lot of diabetics survived since they had no food either.

AMELIA S
i would think 1 week not much longer, you should read about keto acidosis, which is life threatening.

db2byl
Terrible way to die, slow and painful. Why? I wouldn't want to try it.

Arabian Dune
Your talking about type 1. If you stop taking insulin you develop what is called acidosis and that is very unpleasant. If you still don't take insulin then, .... you die.
as for how long, theres no real good answer for that. might take a few days or a few Weeks

Mandi
It depends on how severe it is.... It could be only a few moths though so don't try not taking your insulin. Diabetes basically starves you to death. You are eating enough, but your body can't break down sugar so it eats your fat and you lose insane amounts of weight. You could also slip into a coma coused by high blood sugar. don't try it!

emily
This is a rather odd/strange question. Check out the sites

http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content/insulin.html

http://www.healthieryou.com/iddm.html

they explain about how critical it is to get your insulin, and what happens if you don't take care of it.

fairy
Rating
sounds like a bit of a crazy question!! you planning on trying it out on someone?

emt_me911
A few days at most.

Why are you repeatedly asking the same question? Are you suicidal or something?

EMT

sassycat_0910
Rating
It depends on how their control is. you can go from a few days to a few weeks/months. but This death will be a very slow and painful one as you will just slowly starve your body to death. I dont reccommed this to any one.

jester
I think for a while.

They would drink loads and pee alot of excess sugar, they would quickly loose their sight and most of their limbs and would feel as if they had died ages before they actually did, and would be very glad when that time finally came.

Seriously, if you are diabetic, or if you know someone whom is (ensure they): eat regular meals, test regularly and TAKE INSULIN!!!!

Regret is a terrible thing!!!

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
Anywhere from several hours to a couple of days, at most... depending on a few variables. Insulin is vital in getting the energy providing glucose into the cells for life.... including the heart and brain. Without glucose, you wouldn't last very long

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy