Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

My dad is diabetic and cant feel his toes?
My dad has been a diabetic for like the last 8 years and just recently he has lost feel in his middle toe on both feet....what do you think it is?...

Diabetes question?
How does a diabetic generally feel after eating a lot of sugar? How does he feel when he doesn't eat anything?...

I am a diabetic and have Neurapathy in my legs and feet, is it possible to get it in my hands as well?
Also, can anyone tell me what causes neuropathy? I used to get beat up all the time and am wondering if that might be some of the reason....

Diabetic eating?
im having such a hard time with meals and getting my boyfriend to understand how i have to eat now. he gets upset cause i make alot more salads and veggies and he doesnt like to eat like that. im ...

How do you know if i have diabetes?
wat are some of the clues if you have ...

Does cinnamon lower blood sugar?

I have diabetes why do i have itching?

Okay i'm overweight..should I see my GP about Diabetes?

I'm a very sleepy person, what should i do or avoid from being sleepy, besides in dringking coffee??

I have diabetes II with diabetic neruropathy. Permanent? or something to live with ?
Am currently taking amitriptyline 25 mg and Gabapentin 300mg for numbness in my feet and legs. Is the neuropathy permanent or some thing I will have to live with?...

Nurses or Doctors? Is a 115 surgar level, in need of insulin?

I have a 114 blood sugar level, am i diabetic?

I think I might be diabetic... do any other conditions have the same symptoms?
I'm scheduling a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but I just want to ease my troubled mind tonight.

My symptoms are:
-Always Thirsty
-Extremely Tired
-Loss of A...

My blood sugars really high what do i do?
it was 185 an hour after eating a couple days a go 145 before eating anything a few days before that and yesterday i ate a plain chicken mayo and wheat bread sandwich didnt have anything to eat and ...

How much intake of sugarfree/aspertame or diet cola is permitted in diabeties?

I am considering an insulin pump but i am lost when comparing them against each other any suggestions?
I have a low pain threshold and due to the length of doing insulin shots i have insulin pockets in my stomach i dont know if these will direct me to a certain pump....

Is there anything being done by the medical world to find complete cure to diabetes.?
A lot of people are daily being diagnosed of this desease condition. And the effect on family and the society is unimaginable. Please more efforts should be put in finding solution to the endemic ...

Does fast food cause diabetes?

Is there any help for people with no insurance, for getting help with insulin and testing supplies?

Question about Diabetes?
Hello everyone thank you for taking your time and helping me out on my question. My question is I am 16 years old I weigh 252lbs 5'10 I know that I am overweight I have been making alot of ...

gypsyjo54
How high can blood sugar levels get with diabetes?

pamela68
They ask me to keep mine below 140. I find that I feel better when its between 110 and 120. My friend was recently hospitalized when his was over 500.

Medic
Rating
They can get well above the 400 range which is as high as most home detectors will go. Generally if the level is over 200 and you are feeling crappy it's time to go to the hospital.

Reda T
Rating
Well they dont like them above 120 or so....mine have gone to 500 and I was still almost normal.....try to keep it as low as possible, its not good to let it get so high.

♥♥♥♥
Rating
do what your doctor tells you to do and watch what you eat

Ruth
Very high. Most glucometers cannot give you a reading if it above 500. In fact, even at this level, the glucometer will say "high" only. In my experience, I have seen blood glucose readings higher than that. Once it reaches a certain level, it can be life-threatening.

lighthouselover1966
Rating
I have personally been as high as 3500. I don't suggest this since I will be starting dialysis soon and at 40 have had a stroke and a heart attack. anything over250 is not a good number

desertviking_00
Rating
When I first became ill from diabetes (before being diagnosed as Type 2) I presented to an urgent care clinic with a blood sugar of 690. The examining doctor was surprised that I walked in under my own power. Although I control my condition with oral medications and diet, my doctor has advised me to use insulin if my blood glucose reading goes above 300. I've only had to use the injector twice since being diagnosed eighteen months ago.

*Larry P. he's for me*
Rating
120-140 is normal for controlled diabetics. At around 500 you would go into shock and possibly coma. Prolonged high levels can also wreak havoc on your body. Blindness and ampuation of extremities also happens frequently.l

Pahd
Highest I ever saw was 1400 (thats a 78 for y'all across the pond) and that was my first day on internal medicine.

People usually start thinking about going to the hospital around 500-600, but this differs from person to person

palemalefriend
Most glucose meters will go up to 600, like mine does. If your numbers are higher than that, it just says HIGH.

When I was first diagnosed with Diabetes Type 1 in 2001, my levels were above 800. I could have easily gone into a coma and died. Normally, if your numbers are even half that amount, they put you in the hospital.

My doctor knew I hated hospitals intensely, so he bent the rules, with my full awareness of the risks, & let me stay at home. Of course, I was started immediately on a course of insulin.

My doctor called me at home every morning & every evening, and I would tell him what my numbers were and how I felt. He even called me on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve; that's how dedicated he is. We had also agreed that if my numbers didn't start going down within a week, I would go into the hospital.

It took a few weeks, but finally I was down to a safe level. I have never allowed myself to even go over 200, except for 3 times.

I knew of one person whose numbers went up to 1,200 — but not for long — he died about 2 days later.

Hope this is helpful.

soulangeana
Rating
I'm a lab tech and I've seen glucose levels over a thousand. I think most patients would be unconscious at this level but some people who develop diabetic ketoacidosis frequently can remain coherent with such an elevated blood glucose.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy