Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Could this be diabetes? and Which is the preferred test to diagnose in kids?
My son is 10 and quite overweight.
(Yep, I know that's a bad thing. No, we aren't junk food junkies. Yes, we need to increase our family's activity level and we are working on ...

If I fasted since midnight last night then checked my blood glucose and it was 128 is that considered high?

DIabetic Icecream?
I was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 about 10 days ago and i need to know what shops sell diabetic icecream. I've looked absolutely everywhere! I live in England if that makes a difference. Can ...

Can diabetics get finanacial help?

How do i know if I'm diabetic?

QUICK Diabetic Question!?
I'm diabetic, I just checked my sugar level and it's 190 when first waking up and not eating or drinking anything! I took my meds and am drinking lots of water! What can I do to lower it ...

I need help!?
i need to know what the classic signs and symptoms are to being a diabetic and having diabeties. i'm only 22 but i think i might have a problem, i have no $$ to go see a doctor and i don't ...

Question about diabetes and a job.?
I know someone with diabetes and doesnt work. When he discovered he had diabetes about 2 years ago. When he got it he got blurred vision in his eye. He was suppose to go back to work but he didnt bc ...

I'm really scared that i have diabetes?
i am thirsty and unriat offen
but im not tired im not hungry my skin is not dry and ichy and i allmost never get headacs

and i dont what to tell my mum and dad cuse im scared that if ...

As a Diabetic how can you take precautions to protect eye sight?
Diabetics are a vulnerable lot with regard to eye sight if precautions are not observed. It is very important that one observes certain protective measures to protect eye ...

A typical day for a diabetic.?
I just want to know a typical day of a diabetic.

Like when you eat and then when you take your insulin. If you want to exercise when do you take your insulin? Your opinions etc. It can be ...

I had the symtoms of diabetes, but now they are all gone!?
I had most of the symtoms of diabetes and then they all the symtoms disapeared... What does that mean..
I still had the excesive thirst and unrinating alot and being hungery... But the blurred ...

Sugar question??????!!!!!!!?
i ate 7 spoons of sugar last night!!

what will happen??...

How does childhood obesity causes type 2 diabetes?

Anyone here can suggest me right serial with not too much sugar in it?
My mom is 76 yrs old with diabetes,high b.p.cholestrol and anemic.She does takes her all medicines for diabetese and cholestrol etc.From last visit to her doctor and blood report it seems her ...

Renal failure?
Person who have diabetes that suffer from Renal failure does that mean they let their diabetes get out of control. What about a person who keeps their numbers between 100 and 130 all the time will ...

Weak and Tired after Eating?
About an hour after I eat i get very weak and tired and i cant sit up and have to go lay down. I get very thirsty also and have to go pee alot. In the past I have had problems with very low Blood ...

Does coffee really reduce blood sugar levels?
I heard that coffee reduces blood sugar. Is that true? Also, at what age(s) is someone more prone to Type 1 vs Type 2 diabetes? Is there any way to tell the difference aside from needing insulin ...

Diabetics, how do you handle the food police?
You know, those people that are so overly concerned about your health that they always ask the tiring question, "Should you be eating that?" every time you consume a tasty morsel....

I checked my two year old's blood glucose level twice, and both times it was over 300, should i investigate?

Additional Details
i checked it because my boyfriend has type 1 1/2 diabetes....and she held her finger out because she wanted to be tested.... so we did..... i just wanted to know if ...

╔Kimmeh╗ ♪♫
How can you tell if your getting diabetes by your feet?
I either read or seen a commercial that said something about how you can tell if your getting diabetes by your feet, and how diabetics have problems with theirs. How can you tell?

william p
when the doctors want to have them remoived

thehereyes
yea it has a special name i believe its like gaut or something its associated with diabetes. my grandfather has diabetes and when he has had gaut his feet would swell, and hurt really bad.

vincy j
well i now that u can tell if u got diabetes in your fet at the early stage. not so shore how but i do think that it has some thing o do with blood vessels sores blisters,and a few other stuff like that

MamaSmurf
If you have any sores of any kind on your feet that don't want to heal well. Then there is diabetic neuropathy. It's a painful, burning, tingling you can get. It can affect the feet, legs, arms, or hands. Best way is to see your doctor.

biff
Rating
Diabetes can cause nerve damage to the feet. The symptoms are loss of feeling in the toes, and sharp pain at times in the toe area. If you think you or some one has this get a blood test and that will tell you!!

ktrb
Rating
Loss of circulation due to diabetes can lead to foot pain, cold feet, or sores that won't heal.

henrysmom
Diabetics lose circulation, and this can cause the feet tissue to start dying. This generally occurs in advanced diabetes or uncontrolled diabetes.

Jodi R
Rating
Yes, many diabetics do have problems with their feet due to poor ciruculation, which will cause pain, but not all diabetics get that. Also, just because you have problems with your feet, that doesn't mean you are a diabetic. There are many other symptons. If you are concerned, go to this website for more information. If you think there may be a possibility, go see your doctor. You have a better chance of fixing the problem if you catch it early. Good luck.

Elmer F
Rating
Enough info has already been given by others here. I'll add that podiatrists often discover disease (like Diabetes), & refer patients to other specialties. It has to do w/circulation & neuropathy.

neuron finder
Rating
one of the main complications of having uncontrolled diabetes long term is "microangiopathy", damage to the small capillaries (blood vessels) which deliver oxygen, nutrients, etc to cells in the body. This is the mechanism for the problems diabetics develop as a result of uncontrolled blood sugar, damage to the kidney (small vessels important in the filtration work of the kidney), eyes (small vessels that feed the retina in the back of the eye), and neuropathy.
In this case the capillaries feeding the nerves are damaged, the nerve is essentially starved, leading to nerve damage.
The nerves supplying the feet are the longest in the body, therefore they are more susceptible to this kind of damage. Therefore a sensation of "pins and needles", numbness, overall decreased sensation in the feet, or burning pain is often the first signs of "peripheral neuropathy".
Decreased sensation also means the person will be less aware of injury to the foot (small cuts, leaving your foot in uncomfortable positions, etc), which could lead to dangerous infections, as well as changes in the delicate structural balance leading to deformities.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy