Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How to prevent diabtetes?
On my moms side of the family, all the woman have severe diabetes. my aunt loses feeling in her feet alot, and my grandmother's blood sugar sometimes goes to 300 and she did not do anything to ...

My father is ill and isn't eating and he is barley drinking anything.?
how long can someone go with out really eating before they die? i'm scared....

Anybody takes metformin and get diarrhea?is it a good sign or bad if u take it and get diarrhea?

How can i get more ppl to help?
I'm in a fundraising walk for diabetes. I have sent emails to all my friends and family about it with the link http://main.diabetes.org that ...

Can a diabetic (type 1) be drafted?

I am a diabetic,where can i purchase frozen diabetic dinners?
Frozen food companies do not make frozen dinners for diabetics.Why is that.There are over a million of us out there in the United states.How about checking on this and get me an answer....

What is the normal range for serum glucose levels?

What should pre-diabetics eat?
What would you recomend for a close relative of mine that is pre-diabetic? Also, are there any good webpages about what to eat? Thanks!...

Metformin - Help me out here - weight loss?
I read many times that Metformin is obviously used for Diabetes type 2 and also read that it is given for the specitif reason for weight loss.

I want to discuss this with my doctor only he ...

What is too high of a blood sugar reading?
I tested myself in the morning before eating/ fasting twelve hours and was 84. I ate two eggs and toast and two hours later I was 124. Does this mean I am diabetic?...

Can drinking too much soda cause you to have kidney stone?

Is honey bad for diabetes?
if you use honey in tea or coffee instead of suger.
eat honey with cornflex and milk
are they ...

My wife is a diabetic and she regularly takes pain medicines for her back. Should these ailments cause her to
sleep all the time? She spends most of her time sleeping. This is frustrating seeing her sleep her life away. I wonder if it is the medicines she's taking that is causing her to do this since ...

Is this a good price for a diabetes monitoring kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...

How many grams of sugar per day should a diabetic have?

If someone is going for a routine blood test can they see any drugs you have taken?
or can they only look for that if you take a drug test???...

Is numbness in the feet a sign of old age?

Could I have diabetes?
I have been very thirsty, and drinking water doesn't seem to help.
I have headaches that only go away when I eat something. It especially helps if it's something sweet.
Sometimes I...

Need to Learn about Diabetes!?
i have a project about diabetes and need some information because i have to go out today and i was suppost to have it done for a week. I need the 5'w's the who, what, when, where, why and ...

Is ¬® instant hot cocoa mix ( no sugar added ) safe?
this product is made by ambiance ( smart and final ).
my kid is 10 years old and is diabetes 2. we had a bad experience with ¨slim fast low carb diet ¨shake when his ...

Texan23
Fasting and Diabetes 2-- Is it safe?
Is it safe to go fasting if you are type diabetes 2? I want to fast for 24 hours and wanted to know if anyone has done it.

justwondering
Rating
There is actually a fasting treatment for Type 2, but you need to do it under a doctor's care.

merrybodner
Rating
You could get hypoclycemia. Not a really good idea.

Paramedic Girl
NO, it is NOT safe to fast if you are diabetic.

Baby girl here!!!
no way, you can become comatose

rockerchick82
Rating
Please discuss this with your doctor. While I don't have any experience with fasting I know a couple of Type 2s that fast once a week for religious reasons. Your doctor knows best.

Mark G
Rating
The only type of fasting a Diabetic should ever do is when the doctor requests that you not eat after 9:00pm because he wants to do a fasting diabetic blood test the next day.

London Catlover
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last August and I was told not to miss a meal and to snack between meals to keep my sugar in check especially at night. Your liver will still produce glucose even while you are sleeping so having something to eat before bed helps burn the sugar. The only time I fast is before I go to the Dr. for a blood test for diabetes. Then I go downtown eat and then two hours later I go back to the Dr. and have another test done. This gives him an accurate reading for my glucose level. I would not recommend fasting for 24 hours. I have to test my blood before meals and two hours after once a day so it would really screw up my medication.

redflower
Rating
^ Fasting is not safe, you could go into hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) shock, it's very dangerous, I used to fast every so often to cleanse my system, I asked my doctor when I became diabetic, I'm type 2 also, and he told be no diabetic should fast, unless it's for medical reasons and your under a doctors supervision. I hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy