Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Diabetes? what are some recommended foods to eat? for a borderline type 2 diabetes middle aged male?

Out of Control DIabetes! Help?
I've had type 1 diabetes for 9 years , ive never had a handle on it, when i hit my teens i did'nt care , the way i saw it i would die anyways, im 16 now and my adolescent ignorance has wore ...

What is better for your health: sugar or salt?
now i know sugar can like give you diabetes or something and salt is bad for you too. but if you were to take exessive amounts of one of them. which would be better to take? lots and lots of sugar? ...

Are all Diabetics Thin?
Are all Diabetic people thin after they are diagnosed with Diabetes? Or does it depend on the type of Diabetes they have? (type 1, 2, etc)...

Diabetie symptoms?
Before being tested, what are some red flags?...

New to Insulin Injections...What happened?
I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I've been doing insulin injections 4 times a day for the last week due to gestational diabetes. This morning on one of my injections, there was a bit of blood in ...

Is fasing blood sugar levels between 120 to 130 in danger zone?
N...

Can a diabetic ever get back his normal sugar level without medical help?

Are there any physical signs of diabetes?

Why is it that so many people with diabetes get carpal tunnel and also have feet issues?
Is it due to poor circulation?...

Blood sugar just dropped to 31??
I started insulin injections yesterday morning, I take 20 unitsof Novolin N and 10 units of Novolin R. I have been eating exactly according to the meal plan the Diabetes educator gave me, and I had a ...

Can you please answer?
okay i have been drinking a lot i mean a lot of water latley! im scared i might have diabetes!!! in janurary i was feeling really weird and not well. my mom took me to the hospital and they took a ...

Type 2 diabetes diet??
Hello,
My brother just got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and he is on medication for both. nobody in out immediate family has had any of this before so hes the first one ...

Does Joe Jonas Have a Disability?
I Want to know please....

Can Diabetes be beat, if so? How?
Your knowledge will be very appreciate. I am really scared b/c
I think I have developed this illness. Lately, I have been peeing a lot, dry mouth, and feel numbness at the bottom part of my ...

Can u cure diabetes?

Diabetes? Drinking a gallon of water a day, high cholesterol, recent fatigue, sugar cravings...?
I have been just completely exhausted for the past month, and drinking about a gallon of water a day. I have been craving sugar-y foods, I have high cholesterol and high triglycerides, excellent ...

If its not diabetes what can it be?
These are my symptoms
Really thirsty
Going to the toilet a lot (especially at night)
Pins and needles in arms and legs
Really tired, find it hard to concentrate
Lost about 4 ...

My mom is having gastric bypass surgery today...?
She left early this morning and i never relized how serious it was but she keeps acting like shes gonna die through the surgery how risky is it and deadly or is kinda safe cause i cant aford to loose ...

Can you voodoo me into giving up sugar? I'm a diabetic but still take chocolate, cakes cookies, soda everyday
I'm heading for destruction and I can't stop!!!! I had tried sugar substitute but they are aritificial and taste not as good. Sugar is my best friend!!...

Melody
Does sparkling water have an effect on blood sugar levels?
I've just learned that diet sodas have an effect on blood sugar levels. I believe that it is primarily the caffeine that causes the reaction, however am not sure.
Also, will sparkling water (let's say with 1 carb per 8 ounce serving) work as the daily requirement for water intake?

Thanks in advance!
Additional Details
GeeGee, I wasn't sure how to answer you. I meant 1 carb, not one serving. The water contains 1% fruit juice and splenda. I probably ought to have mentioned that earlier...

smilingcat
I doubt it - water can't have an effect on blood sugar levels

yoshiz008
I don't think so, Check to see if it contains any suger on the back lable

BAR
Rating
it would differ for each person. I am a type 1 and I drink diet pepsi and have no problems with my sugar running high as a result of the diet pepsi. But I do know type 2's that can not drink any diet soda or they run high, caffeine or not.

JACQUELINE T
Water is water. The only thing with water that will have an affect is if you let your bladder get too full. I had to remember always to use the bathroom before checking my blood sugar. It really made a difference. Good luck!

Cammie
Diet caffeine free soda cannot effect blood sugars as it doesn't have any carbs.It's just artificially sweetened water.
Sparkling water is still just water. No carbs.
If you get the fruit juice added, you need to count carbs as with any other food or beverage.

Daniel L
Rating
pure sparkling water does not increase your blood sugar level.

GEEGEE
Rating
Diet soda, even with caffeine, does not effect everyone's blood sugar- it can certainly, but it's surely not a universal thing. I drink alot of diet pepsi each day, and it does not cause my blood sugar to increase. I'd say it's more of an individual thing, but that being said, if someone is sensitive to caffeine, they may also be sensitive to whatever substances contribute to that one carb in the sparkling water- since even fruit juices can cause a spike. And do you mean one carb gram or one carb serving (which would be 15 grams?)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy