Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

I might have diabetes but im afraid to tell my parents what should i do?
im afraid they wont take me seriously ...i am always tired , hungry, thirsty. i always have to pee and i get frequent headaches that cause me to have blurry vision and a tingly feeling in my hands.. ...

What is your AC1 reading?
If you are diabetic what was your most recent AC1 reading? I'm just curious. Mine was 8.2. I know this is high. :(
Additional Details
I know what an AC1 reading is. I ment what ...

Type 1 diabetes?? Help me understand!
i know that nick jonas has type one diabetes but he isnt big! he is really skinny and he says sometimes his blood sugar is low but i thought people who where bigger or ate to many bad things got ...

What are the symptoms of a person with high levels of blood sugar?
Great advice of dealing with it gets best answer. Thanks....

I am a type 2 diabetic , i have a infected abcess on the arch of my foot , from a previous operation , he tell
tells me i have a staph infection and will possibly have to operate and drain it. How complicated is this kind of thing and is there any other options that i might have . ?...

Does alcohol lower or raise blood sugar levels?
I keep hearing both so which is it?
and what makes the difference if both? types and such.
also if you were testing fasting glucose after drinking a little the night before how would this ...

I can't write becuase my hands are trembling what should i do?
i went to see a doctor and he told me ur hands are perfect but my hands are still trembling any solution for this problem.. i am thinking my hands are trembling becuase i might have weakness issue??...

What is a usual highschoolers bedtime?

How can you help someone with diabetes who likes to eat a lot and doesn't want to do any exercise?
My father has diabetes, a couple of mini strokes, and underwent angioplasty heart surgery a few years ago. He takes a lot of medicine for maintenance. I know if his blood sugar isn't controlled ...

Help,nhs helpline or call out a doctor?
i am a diabetic and my meter says 32 ,i have had thrush for 2 days ,i have increased my insulin but every time i have something to eat it gets to a high level.i am on novamix 30 type 2 insulin ...

Diabetics! The past few mornings I woke & stretched my legs as usual only to get a bad pain in calf & foot.?
What is it and how do I make it stop?! Diabetic for 29 years, blood sugars stay in low 200's.
Additional Details
Yeah! I know bs is too high but it used to be really out of control, ...

Is a blood sugar of 115 high at age 26?

Info about my diabetes?
I have the kind of diabetes that requires I take pills for, once in the morning, and once at night. Since I've discovered my problem, I've heard horror stories about how I'll ...

I have diabetes, can I drink beer?
I just wanna go down the pub and have a few pints.

I am a type 1 ...

My Mother in law won't take care of herself. She has diabetes, what do we do?
She is 62 years old and has had diabetes for years now. She won't check her blood, her feet are horrible, and she is loosing the use of her left leg. We are getting ready to move and have ...

Is it possible, to control diabetes, with just eating control plus exercise?

How does eating rice affect diabetic patient?
Doctors always restrict diabetic patient from having rice or rice products along with many other things.. Does it mean that rice is the primary cause for the disease? pls enlghten me with this. As i ...

Does anybody know anything about insulin pumps?
i go for traning tomorrow for the pump is it painful to ...

Can eating too much sugar cause extreme sleepiness?
I've had really low energy lately. Today I ate with some friends and it turned out that lunch was a sweet chicken salad, a very sweet jello salad, and some friendship bread. Later, I couldn...

How unreasonable is it, and what can I expect as an outcome?
The first grade has recess at 11:00, lunch at 11:30 and the next snack is at 2:30pm.

My daughter is a type 1 diabetic. Three hours is too long, especially where preceded by recess (...

Shirley B
Does rice turn into sugar?
I was told not to eat rice because Im a diabetic is this true?

MISS ME...
Rating
yes

snohi
sure rice and bread , all kind of pasta turns into sugar after digestion, so eat as little as u can-rice and pasta.

VP K
Who told you not to eat rice?

ilu
Rating
yes, my dear

triviatm
Rice is loaded with carbohydrates, which when digested break down into sugars. White rice, because all the fiber has been removed from it (that's why it's white instead of brown) breaks down very fast and can cause surges in your blood sugar levels.

Brown rice should be fine, because it has lots of fiber to slow down the process of turning the starches into sugars, but it has a very different taste and texture from white rice. Personally, I like it better than white rice most of the time.

Mr. Georgia
It does...... most foods like rice turn to sugar in our bodies.

Abhimanyu
yes.... please avoid eating to much of rice if you are diabetic

Pandamay
White rice raises blood sugar up about 70-80 points, whereas brown rice raises it about half as much. Brown rice still has the shell on it so it has a more nutty flavor as well as adding fiber to it.

If you are diabetic, stay away from white rice, white flour, refined sugars, corn syrup, corn, carrots, etc. They spike blood sugar like crazy.

I run...
If you've ever put a starchy food (like rice) into your mouth, and leave it there, you may notice a sugary taste after a while. This is because starches like rice are broken down into simple sugars during the digestion process, first by the saliva in your mouth.
So just stay away from really starchy foods.

mlgable
Rating
White rice does as it is not whole grain. You can eat brown aka wild rice.

Spiral Wizard
Rating
It does turn into sugar. But not table sugar it turns into "blood sugar". It's your bodies inability to deal with blood sugar that contributes to your diabetes. I am assuming you suffer from type 2 diabetes.

But just know that you need to stay away from simple starches such as white rice, potatoes, and pasta, because your body will break them down very quickly in your digestive tract and flood your blood stream with this "sugar."

Talk to your doctor about the glycemic index which will tell you which foods metabolize to sugar faster in your diet and which ones you can eat more often.

But generally, stay away from any thing that is a "table" sugary sweet or is a highly processed food (white bread, pasta, etc.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy