Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

If there was a restaurant for people with diabetes would you eat there?
Portions,balanced food etc....

Does anyone have thick and yellowed toenails?
I've been to the doctor and he tested for fungal. The lab results said it's not a fungal problem. So whats next, how do i clear them up so I can wear sandals again?...

My bf has diabeties.....?
he is 31. he didn't know he had it until he went blind in one eye. should i be concerned? how is this going to affect our future? our ability to have children? he smokes like a chimmney too... ...

Where am i dreamer86?
regards the pig insulin i am in the uk!been using it since i was diagnosed at 16 ,am now 41.being withdrawn 2007.

about time they found a proper cure...but the monies in the treatment.g...

Burning sensation in the leg fingrs why ?

Can diabetes mellitus or hypertension cause of frequent urination?

I got my diabetic controlled, without medicine.If I over eat Dinner, will my sugar reading will go up next day
Untill 6 yrs ago, I was taking tablets for diabetic regularly, twice a day. Then I got it controlled due to weight reduction. Diet controll and exercise. Since then, with proper exercise and diet, no ...

Type 1 diabetes? please read this i think i have type 1 diabetes and i'm really scared!!?
okay well nick jonas has type one diabetes and i looked it up t see what some symptos are, and im scared, cuz latley ive been having all the symptoms listed on

http://www.lifeclinic.co...

I fear that no 1 will marry me when they find out, i am diagnosed with diabeties and thyroid?
i just feel that when a guy finds out that i am diagnosed with diabetes and high thyroid, they would not want to marry me?...

I am a diabetic I have no insurance or medicare heip and no job?

Grumpiness when low?
My bf is diabetic and when his blood sugar gets low (like if something happens and he cannot eat before work) he get very grumpy. He is type 1 and knows that he gets this way. Honestly I am ...

How would I put myself into a diabetic coma?
I am pre diabetic and I don't want to deal with it anymore. I need the attention. Please don't tell me why not to do it, please just tell me how to do it. I know I am troubled too, so no ...

Information on Diabetes?
this week one of my close friends was diagnosed with junior diabetes. he has been in the hospital all week and we only found out today about his condition. can anyone out there please give me more ...

What type life style should be adopted to avoid heart deaseas &diabetic?
food habits.physical exercise etc....

Is there a scent that people with diabetes have?
A lady once told me that. Is it true?...

I just had my yearly physical and my blood test showed a fasting glucose of 115?
My doctor has ordered a test at the hospital to check my glucose levels--It was 115 on the fasting blood test in the office. I have never had a problem before--my cholestral is 135 and my blood ...

Is there anything natural out there that helps decrease sugar cravings?
I need something strong but natural to stop my sugar cravings. If something has worked for you please tell me. HELP PLEASE. ...

I just did a blood sugar test , Its 107. Is That good?
I am not sure feel light headed and sweaty with tunnel vision. Yet my friend whom is diabetic assured me I am fine !
Additional Details
thank you every one
I feel better now just ...

And what is to low? what happen to your body when your sugar is low?
i have type 2 ...

Why is my blood sugar levels the highest 1st thing in a morning ? when ive not eaten since 6pm evening before?
surely it should be at its lowest ???...

cormamin_520
Does insulin have a smell?
I can't find anything about this online, but I've noticed an odor to insulin that no one else seems to. It's not just my imagination, or a certain type, because not only was my ex-boyfriend a diabetic who used insulin on a daily basis, but my stepmother and my cat are both insulin-dependant, and I notice the EXACT same odor. It's odd. It smells almost like nail polish remover, with a hint of disinfectant, but I've been told, both by my ex and my stepmother, and by a doctor, that insulin has no scent. So...what am I smelling? It's not that disinfectant-y hospital smell, and I only notice it when I'm around insulin. I've noticed this in doctor's offices, hospitals, and even right this moment, as my stepmother is testing her blood and taking the dosage of insulin she needs. I would have figured diabetics would notice this smell, but apparently not. Help me out? Thanks. <3

Phillip
Rating
If you smell this on a person it means that they are not properly medicated. Could be sign of something serious called ketoacidosis. Ask their doctor to check for sugar alcohols or ketones in their urine.

This is some serious stuff. Get your stepmother to a doctor today, emergency room if necessary. She is at risk of death !!!

Don't mean to scare you, but we see this too often in the emergency room.

Good Luck !!!

derivedfool
My wife, who is a diabetic claims insulin smells like the residue from novacaine. In fact I just placed a small amount of insulin on a paper towel and it smells the same to me.

Joe D
Rating
I think Anita is closest to describing the smell, like band-aids, similar to an antiseptic odor. Could be the smell of the suspension fluid. It never bothered me, though. I try not to spill it in quantities that would make a difference. :)

Miss Beotch
Rating
yea it smells exactly how you described it

BAR
Insulin does have a smell, at least to me it does. When I was a young child my dad was a type 2 and took insulin twice a day. I used to help give him his shots. He died I was 15. At age 29 I was diagnoised with type 1 and started insulin. The night of my first injection I told my husband i could recall the smell, it reminded me of my dad. It took me a few weeks to get used to the smell it reminded me of him so much.
Funny thing is the insulins my dad took is not the insulins I take but that smell is all the same.

west f
Rating
BAND-AIDS! Insulin smells like band-aids, that was probably the first thing I learned, it is normal.

rev_rbm
Rating
I am diabetic , and yes insulin has a terrible and weird smell to it, almost like some type of chemical. I use novolog and I have also used humulin and they both had that same kind of smell.

Cathy :)
You're not crazy unless I am too - insulin definitely has a smell - it's very distinctive (nothing like ketones! no one is going to die from smelling like insulin!!!) and a bit hard to describe but definitely there! I don't notice it as much as I used to so maybe you stop smelling it after a while, and obiously you can't smell it through a vial or penfil etc. - maybe that's why they haven't noticed it? squirt some onto some paper or something like that and they won't be able to deny it. A little while ago I was filling my pump resivoir and pulled it too far and the end (and all the insulin) fell out (it's a bit like a syringe) - it stank! I've no doubt it has a smell! xx

ml88b
Rating
yes insulin does have a smell to it

x
Yes, Anita has the best answer! BAND-AIDS!
Unmistakably, insulin has a band-aidy smell. She gets my vote.

Anita
To me it smells like band-aids.

Who thumbs downed me? It does smell like Band-aids and I have the support of three other people that say the same thing. Thanks guys!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy