Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can feeding solids to early to a baby cause them to become diabetic?
I ask this because my mother-in-law said she fed her kids very early. She was saying she fed her kids cheese and tuna when they where only a couple of weeks old. Her son my husband has been a ...

Can I drink alcohol? HELP! Critical!!?
I'm 14 and I've been diagnosed with an Underactive Thyroid when I was 7, ever since I've been taking pills everyday.
I'm now on 4 pills (I think its 25g, i'm not so sure,...

How to cure diabeties?

Can my son die from not taking proper care of himself w/his diabetes? He weighted 240 now he's 165.?
My son, aged 22 was diagnosed 8 months ago w/type 2 diabetes and he is not properly taking care of himself. His sugar level stays past 450-Hi. He is admitted at least 3 times every month into the ...

I have type 2 diabetes and my ankles and feet hurt is this related in anyway?

1 am 31 and just found out that i have hipoglicemia,what do i need to now about it?
how low suger is ...

Can diabetic people donate blood to non diabetic people ?

Has anyone been perscribed Metformin and what effects did you get from taking it? good and bad?
I have read that it helps in losing weight as well as other benefits but i would love to hear from people who either have or know someone who has taken it....

Diabetes? I had a physical and my blood sugar came back really high, a 192.?
The doctor is sending me to have a Glucose Tolerance Test done next week. I have had symptoms for a while. I am always going to the bathroom, blurry vision, dizziness, excessive thirst, my leg hurts ...

Is there a cure Diabetes in the forseeable future?

I am 40 yrs, blood sugar in the mrning between 120-130 and during day between 110-120, am I diabete and risky?

My uncle just had his leg removed in surgery. He lost it due to diabetes. The doctor said he isn't out of
the woods yet, and they may take off his other leg soon. My grandpa had this and lived only a couple more years. My uncle is in his mid 50's. What are the chances of a recovery after this ...

Does rice turn into sugar?
I was told not to eat rice because Im a diabetic is this true?...

What is the best alcoholic drink for a diabetic?
im only 27 and everyone i know goes out to drink...what schould i have at the bar? Not drinking is not an ...

What if your sugar level first thing in the morning is 215?
I have type II diabetes. I checked my sugar before I ate or drank this morning and it was high. During the middle of the day it was 140. Why after all night long would it be high?...

If i am 16 and my blood sugar is 212 is it high?
i am 16 and my blood sugar went from 212 to 95 in two days. dibetas runs in my ...

Once a body is dead, how long does it take for the blodd to freeze?

Is beer good for a diabetic?

What does it mean if my sons blood glucose level is 46? Doctor said norm. is 65-99?

I'm scared I might have diabetes?
Recently I've been feeling kind of sick in a way I'm not sure how to explain, so I tried googling to see if something was wrong with me.
I came across diabetes symptoms and soon I ...

Mrs J
Does honey have sugar in it? I mean added sugar.?
My husband is diabetic but he can have natural sugars. It's only a problem with added sugar like that of table sugar.
I bought some honey today but it doesn't show the ingredients.

S H
Rating
Honey has no added sugar. It is pure and natural right from the bee hive.

If you're buying pure honey, then there is no added sugars.

Just make sure to look at the ingredients. It should clearly say on the front of the bottle "100% pure honey"

nanabooboo
Rating
if it's 100% then it's just pure honey. i'd ask before you give it to him though, my eldest and i aren't allowed it because of the natural sugar level in it.

dude_port
No added sugar BUT honey is sugar pure and simple! Just as molasses is a product of sugar cane. The only difference is the bees do the refining. If you add sugar to sugar you get sugar but the label would be misleading.

Peppermint Patti
Rating
I use Honey to bring up my sons sugar level when he's passed out, by rubbing it on his gums. why would you use it , makes no sense to me.

♥ terry g ♥
Rating
Even though honey is all natural with no added sugars, it is so loaded with natural sugar that it is not good for diabetics. My doctor told me to avoid it completely.
Be sure to discuss any questions like this with your husband's doctors. Maybe talking to a dietitian would help too. Best wishes.

Been There~Done That!
Rating
No.

Not pure honey.

Cammie
Rating
You seem to believe that the challenge of diabetes is sugar. That is not true.

Cane sugar is a natural product.
It's all about the carbs.I believe Honey has more carbs than pure cane sugar.
You both need to learn how to count carbs and adjust meds accordingly.
I suggest a great doctor, a dietitian and diabetes ed classes.
Read everything you can that was published in the past five years.There are books and magazines.
The patient and his loved ones are in charge of diabetes so educated yourself. Get a book of carb counts and be well.

L V
Rating
If your husband is really diabetic he should´t have any sugar, no matter if its natural or not. Most types of sugar gets converted inside our bodies into glucose that is the type of sugar diabetics can´t handle because of the insulin deficiency or malfunction..
Honey is mainly ALL sugar, he should´t have it.

huggz
Rating
Honey all 100% sugar that's natural, but that does NOT mean that your husband can eat it. It will send his blood sugars soaring. You need to get informed about sugars. ANY sugar is bad for a diabetic, think about it, all sugars are "natural" or from organic sources! Sugar is sugar.
Your husband should be steering clear of all sugars and using artificial sweeteners.

purplemollies
If it is in America, pure honey means the producer can NOT add any sugar. Therefore, it should not have any added sugar. However, if it is imported, some countries allow to feed bees with the sugar syrup which eventually will be converted into natural sugar but if the farmer extracted honey too early the table sugar does not get enough time to fully convert into natural sugar. It is always good to stick with US produced Grade A honey.

I strongly suggest to get doctor's advice before you let your husband have honey. My father became diabetic after consuming large amount of honey in his daily food.

Baby girl here!!!
It is a natural sugar, a bit higher than regular sugar. limit it to 1 tbs per serving size. It does not mean he cannot have it!! it is all about moderation. Just because you have diabetes does not mean you cant enjoy your foods. Just a taste is safe, ask your dietitian or doctor they will agree!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy