Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How long can you have signs of diabetes before you get into trouble?
Our office receptionist has been getting the signs of diabetes (thirsty, going to the loo a lot, blurred vision, headaches, tiredness) for the last week, and she has a history in the family. I am ...

A friend has diabetes, but no insurance. What is the best way to temporarily lower his blood sugar?
He is tking some meds, but still his sugar level gets too high. Any suggestions?...

I've had diabetes for 15 years now, my girlfriend still doesn't know I have it, how can I tell her ???
I've been with her for a year now and I still didn't tell her that I have diabetes. I love the girl and want to get married to her. Can someone tell me what I can do, or how to finally ...

If your boyfriend or girlfriend is diabetic, and your not, can they give you something, or anythingg???

Can you tell me the effect of alcohol and diabetes? Is it better to just quit if you have diabetes?
Recently informed that I have ...

If you eat a lot of sugar will you get diabetes?

What are the chances my child will be diabetic?
I am not diabteic but the dad is he has type 1 diabetes. what are the odds? Is it inherited? Do both parents have to have the diabetic gene?...

Settle a debate: Does diabetes only affect obese people?
I say this isn't true, but overall my friend says it is......

Pickles ok?
Are pickles ok to consume if your diabetic? According to this site they are not, but I wanted to get second opinion.

Here's the site:
http://home.earthlink.ne...

How do you know if you have diabetes?
i just want to know what the symptoms are and what i should do...
for type 1 diabetes only. thanks....

To support my wife I am thinking about following her diabetic diet with her - Is there any reason not to?
My wife has been a type II diabetic for a few years now. She recently started taking 5mls Byetta. She absolutly will not exercise. The only thing I can think of to help her is to follow the same ...

Whats the difference between type1 and type 2diabetes?

Is there a cure for diabetes? I guess I am diabetic as I frequently urinate.?

Apart from inheriting diabetes,what other way can you get it?

How can I prevent myself from getting diabetes?
My doctor told me to stop eating so many sweets. And I try, but it doesnt work, and i end up eating like 3 or 4 pieces of chocolate every day. I need to stop, because my blood sugar is already very ...

Would you donate any of your organs?
if not why?...

Why are there so many obese unheathy people in the U.S.?

When I drink orange juice or grape juice..?
I get very weak, shaky and have to lay down..this passes within about half hour.....is it some kind of fluctuation in sugar or insulin levels..? I am not diabetic...no major health problems.......

Can diabetes be cured??

Is it possible for a skinny person to get Diabetes?

Alli
Do you need a perscription to buy glucose meter test strips?

Edmundo L
Rating
No.

Mimi
Rating
You do not need a prescription to buy the strips at full price. If you are buying them with your insurance, you will need a prescription at that time. They are kept behind the pharmacy counter related to their high cost, and to stave off shop lifting.

Oblivia
Rating
You do NOT need a prescription to buy glucose test strips, but you do need to be sure to get the right ones for your glucose meter and re-calibrate your meter each time you buy new strips. Glucose meters (or Glucometers) also do not require prescription.

Kat
no you sure do not.

worthingtontrel
Rating
no if you go to your local health department you can get them for free or the place you buy then form may just call for primary care physican

brandy
Rating
NO my mom gets them at walmart, i go and by them all the time for her

Hose Nose
Yes my wife is diabetic and can not by them without a prescription

?
You shouldn't, you know you can get your glucose meters free now,
I am not sure what company puts them out, but ususally they will send you the latest one for free.

jayjay5844
You shouldn't need a prescription to buy strips or a meter, if you want an insurance company to pay for it, I'm sure you will. In Wisconsin, you don't need a prescription to buy insulin syringes.

Anry
no

happydawg
I think you only need a prescription for your insurance company to pay for your meter and test strips.

ciaobella_usa
Rating
I don't think so, but I think you still have to ask the pharmacist for them (they store them behind the counter, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need permission to buy them). I've used them as teaching tools and get them from a biological supply catalog (Carolina Biological) without a perscription.

magicwriter65
Rating
No, they're over the counter, but a percription is a good idea, since your insurance company is more likely to reemburce you with a perscription. Also, with a perscription, you can mail-order the strips (it saves money, and its conveient... I get a three month supply delivered to my door).

itskind2bcruel
Rating
no, but they are cheaper if you get a prescription, then your insurance will help cover the cost.

NJ
Rating
You do not need a prescription to buy them, but they are expensive. If your insurance will cover them then it might be worth it to get a prescription and that way the pharmacy can bill it to your insurance and you would just be left with a co-pay.

nemodelmar
No you can find them outside the counter

▒Яenée▒
Rating
No anyone can buy them

SAMI
Rating
No need for a prescription.

Willy S
Rating
No you can buy them 'over the counter.' The prescription is needed to get your insurance, or medicaid, to pay!

http://www.total-knowledge.com/~willyblues/

Angela B
My Physician prescribed the Test Strips and they get coverage under insurance. The glucometer comes with it, but you need to regularly puchase the lancets after so many tests.

econnot
Rating
No! You can purchase them at any pharmacy over the counter. I get mine at Wal Mart. I purchase the strips and the lancets. They're not inexpensive though. The cost takes a good chunk out of a $100.

tshudson2bpoet
NO, YOU DO NOT NEED A PRESCRITION FOR TEST METER STRIPS. IF YOU ARE JUST WANTING TO TEST THINKING THAT YOU MIGHT BE DIABETIC. YOUR BEST DEAL WOULD BE TO PURCHASE THE WAL-MART BRAND METER (RELI-ON) AND THE STRIPS FOR THE MACHINE ARE ONLY $20 A BOTTLE AS TO $50-60 A BOTTLE FOR OTHER BRANDS. JUST GO TO THE PHARMACY SECTION AND THEY WILL BE LOCATED ON A SHELF IN THE DIABETES SCTION.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy