Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

My mum has really bad head sweats. Can anyone recommend a cure?? (She's diabetic)?

How high can blood sugar levels get with diabetes?

Type 2 Diabetes Emergency Question?
I am a recently dx'd type 2 diabetic and my sugar readings are 400+ and I've already had my PM shot before dinner and now its spiked is it ok to give myself an extra shot of inslulin to ...

HI MY SUGAR READING THIS MORNING WAS 36 this morning?
then i drank some apple juice to bring it up
Additional Details
is this to low please i need some advice on what to do to bring it ...

What's the chances of me dieing early or other symptoms from not controlling blood sugar for 8 years?
I've had type 1 diabetes sense age 10 and am now 18. I haven't really been all that mature about it but I am really trying to get on course now, but it depresses me knowing that I might ...

Can a person live without their pancreas?

Is it possible to cure diabetes type 2 naturally?
is it possible to cure diabetes type 2 naturally without prescribed medicine and is it possible to reverse ...

Can you get diabetes after having alot of sugar for one day?
or is it a thing were you eat a cinnabun and coke for breakfast and drink coke all day and other sugary foods fpr about a year or two?...

How can i lower my blood sugar?

Why do diabetics suffer from frequent urination during the night?

Blood Glucose Question?
I have just tested myself with a blood glucose monitor ,and the reading was 12.2 UK Two hours ago i ate fish and chips and i had a cup of tea with one sugar. To my knowledge i am not diabetic.S...

What happens if a type 1 diabetic stops taking his long lasting insulin.?
When I was first diagnosed 6 months ago I had to take 17ml of long lasting insulin (Lantus) a night. Over the last 6 months I have had to constantly reduce the level of it. When I got down to only ...

My dad is diabetic and cant feel his toes?
My dad has been a diabetic for like the last 8 years and just recently he has lost feel in his middle toe on both feet....what do you think it is?...

Diabetes question?
How does a diabetic generally feel after eating a lot of sugar? How does he feel when he doesn't eat anything?...

I am a diabetic and have Neurapathy in my legs and feet, is it possible to get it in my hands as well?
Also, can anyone tell me what causes neuropathy? I used to get beat up all the time and am wondering if that might be some of the reason....

Diabetic eating?
im having such a hard time with meals and getting my boyfriend to understand how i have to eat now. he gets upset cause i make alot more salads and veggies and he doesnt like to eat like that. im ...

How do you know if i have diabetes?
wat are some of the clues if you have ...

Does cinnamon lower blood sugar?

I have diabetes why do i have itching?

Okay i'm overweight..should I see my GP about Diabetes?

ABDULLAH A
Did any one his or her sugar level get to 376 and do not care to go to doctor?

peggy m
Rating
My son gets really high readings. He gets insulin injected. Usually after 15 minutes it starts to come down and we write it down in his journal and show it to the doc at his next appointment. If, however, after 15 minutes it does not start to come down... then we go to the ER for constant intravaneous insulin which usually takes 48 hours to bring it down and the doctor adds a third insulin to his regiment for a couple weeks.

fred
When I was diagnosed with diabetes, my doctor took out a test meter to see what my sugar level was for the first time. 30 seconds after the blood sample popped up a result of 380-something, and the doctor practically broke his neck running to get some insulin.

"Is 380 high" I asked?

376 is pretty bad. anything over 160 means either diabetes or you just ate an entire wedding cake.

Chris
Another question could be. If I am bleeding a lot and cannot stop bleeding, will I bleed to death?

It's not a joke! It's that serious!

See your doctor!

Best Wishes.

Danielle M
Rating
Well they should care because the higher it goes the more of a risk of a diabetic coma. That number is very high and should be taken seriously.

**STARR**
Rating
well, i'm a diabetic, and when my blood sugar gets that high, i don't bother...i just take insulin to correct it. however...if you're talking about people who have not been diagnosed with diabetes...that would just be a dumb idea to not go to the doctor. at that level, your blood sugar will just keep rising and you can go into a diabetic coma. there are many problems that come along with untreated high blood sugar over a long period of time...besides the fact that being that high makes you feel like crap!

baltz948
yes i did.it's gottin so high the meter just said high.

Nicole A
Rating
You were lucky. Levels that high, especially untreated can lead to DKA, long story short coma and even death. Not something to play around with

robin's nest
Rating
Well I have lived with diabetes for 19 years now and all I can say is someone better get to a doctor. Diabetes is nothing to be afraid of. If untreated it is like a slow killing cancer damaging your eyes, kidneys, and whole body. It is controllable!! There is a high risk of diabetic coma if it continues to get higher!! GET TO A DOCTOR NOW!

Monica
It depends ...

If you're not a diagnosed diabetic, then drive yourself to the hospital immediately.

If you're a type 1 diabetic ... well, sometimes it happens. My daughter is type 1 ... she was in the 600+ when she was diagnosed, and she wasn't as bad as some. The other day her blood sugar was up to 388 before a meal. Don't know what made it go so high, all I can do is give her additional short-acting insulin with her meal, check her ketones and report it to her doctor. If it doesn't happen daily then they generally shrug it off ... sometimes it's just one of those things you get with type 1.

Oh, and your other responder said eating a whole wedding cake will get your sugar that high ... unless you're a diabetic that's not true. You'd puke it up first anyway :o)

Elaine H
Rating
You should take it very seriously, and if you know that figure is high for you, you should probably see your doctor or even go to the ER. However, I know, for example, that my blood sugar is still not completely under control and has been in the 400's many times. So I would not be worried at that moment, but I am doing all I can to get it under control.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy