Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is it true that when you start insulin you have to be on it 4 ever?
ive been a diabetic since 1999 im type 2 my a1c was 7 dr says i need insulin i,m scared to start on ...

I am considering an Insulin pump. can someone please give me some feedback on if it is worth it?

Metformin lenght to ....?
I take metformin for pre-diabetes. but in the two months i have been on it i have lost almost thirty pounds. I also i PCOS. Is trhis normal to loose this amount of weight with out even trying
A...

Can diabetes(Hyperglycemia) cause random/violent outburst with no catalyst?
example: My husband was eating lunch & when I approched him to talk, he started cursing/name calling & said to leave him alone. After a few hours, he returns to normal. I read so much about ...

What would be the result of ingesting 1-200 artificial sweetners/day?
i am a diabetic, and also was bulemic for 25 years...
to compensate for 'sweet tooth', i chew diet gum constantly, morning till night, add a 'box of sugar twin or equivilant to ...

Someone told me that diabetes is inhereted from your mothers side and not your fathers. Is that true?

Asking dr to test for diabetes?
how should i go about asking my dr. to test me for diabetes...i dont want him to think i am like crazy or anything....there is a family history of diabetes (my dad, grandma, and uncle) what should i ...

Do you have a pet that predicts when your having a low blood sugar?
I have heard many stories about pets that do this and wonder what kind of pets do it, is it only dogs? How do they let you know?...

Are people with diabetes type 1 more prone to doing drugs such as heroin because of the needle use?
???? or any drug with a needle
Additional Details
wow ok i was just asking dont worry
my friend was just diagnosed so i was just ...

Dehydration?
I drink lots of water every day- usually the full 64 oz.- but still feel dehydrated. On Thursday I drank over 64 oz. by 7:00 pm and by 9:00 pm I was dizzy and my mouth was dry. I can't drink ...

My mom has diabetes and i am very worried for her...will there be any hope for curing diabetes?
my mom has diabetes for about 12 years now and it hurts me to see how she struggles everyday and takes insulin, when she had me, she started to have diabetes and i am so lucky to have my mom alive ...

Question about blood work?
i just got my blood work done to check my general health...im curious to know what all do they check with blood work? is there a seperate test for checking your thyroid or diabetes? or does getting ...

If someone who's obese says they're hypoglycemic, are they likely to be wrong, (lying?) or just not "reactive"
My brother is severely overwieght & says he was diagnosed hypoglycemic, but I heard true "reactive" hypoglycemics have great difficulty gaining wieght.

Is there a cause of ...

Do I have diabetes?
I have been feeling really tired and spacey over the last few months. I also have been drinking a lot of water and I have been getting tingling in my hands and feet. Also at work tonight I started ...

Type 1 diabetes please help?
hi sorry to ask but can you let me no as much a you no about type1 diabetes as my 4 year old has it and what happens in the ...

Help.. My sister is diabetic patient .So tell three things to use instead of Sugar .?
+Any recipe will help .
Have a nice day ....

Why and how does diabetes effect your eye sight?

What do you know about Diabetes?

What are some signs and symptoms that you might have diabetes?

Does a diabetic's blood appeal more to vampires?

ClaudeC
Diabetic can't afford insulin?
I'm asking for my dad. What can you do when you are a diabetic and can't afford the insulin? We're on rough financial times due to his kidney transplant and my mom's triple bypass surgery. My dad is disabled but was denied for disability. We've had to ask his doctor for samples and it seems like he thinks we're just trying to get out of paying for it. We're not those kind of people. If we could pay for it we would! We do, when we have money! But we're out of luck. Our church says they won't help my dad because we've had to rely on them in the past. We have no one to get money from and we don't qualify for financial assistance. If this keeps going we could very well end up without a home. Does anyone know of any programs that might help?

googie
Rating
Get to the hospital , the local clinic anywhere even if it is welfare and get tested , get medicine and treatment. Diabetes is a disease which can leave one with untold misery if not treated. Truthfully , if they do not treat your father at the local clinic raise some hell through the newspaper, and every social service you have in the community. The church be damn.

Bob T
Rating
The county hospital has programs for people with no insurance.

carebearny1999
definately look into medicaid or medicare possibly! (Don't know how old dad is) Look into the major drugstores--they offer cheap generic scripts these days. Call the drug company--many have prescription assistance plans. Good luck!

ckm1956
Rating
1 - Generic insulin shouldn't be that expensive. I used to buy it for my dog.

#2 - They should look into Medicaid. It sure sounds like you'd qualify
#3 - WalMart and other pharmacies have $4 generic scripts.
#4 - www.needymeds.com; a link to many free/discount med programs

Good luck.

paul
Rating
Try writing a letter to the company that makes your insulin and other supplies. Many have free meds programs. You may also see if there is legal aid nearby. I suspect his denial of disability is incorrect and could be overturned by competent counsel.

smayrae
Rating
catholic social services, mission of hope, a lot of hospitals can give you names of social services.

i have to tell ya though, walmart has insulin available without prescriptions and the R (short acting) is $19.99 and the N (long acting) is $24. that is very cheap compared to $80 for Humalog and $50 for NPH Humalin insulin. I get my meds at Walmart because they have the best prices and if you need meds between doctors appts you wont have to get a prescription for it. good luck! don't let him go without that insulin.....a bottle of insulin can last him for about a month maybe, so if you figure $40/month for meds (at warlmart), not bad really. ask for the generic insulin.

forgottendaughter
To expand on what kim.little said...Keep applying for the Disability. I've heard it's common to be turned down the first time. Appeal the denial. Re-apply. Get a lawyer, if necessary, who specializes in Disability. Most will offer a free consultation, and some may not require payment unless and until you win the case. Here's a source I just came across that might help: http://www.allsup.com/

In the meantime, do all the other suggestions here. Contact the drug companies, because some have reduced price programs. Below is a link for one of them.

MamaSmurf
Many drug manufacturers will help with the cost of drugs for those that cannot afford them. There are also free clinics and clinics that will bill according to your income. Also, see if you qualify for medicaid, just the medical part. Sounds like some kind of church you belong to. Tell your doctor about your problem, many of them have lots of answers. They know that people get into hard times and know of places that will help with medications. Was your dad ever in the service?? If so , he may be able to get a little help there with his meds. Your dad needs to keep trying to get his disability. It can take up to 3 times to finally get it and he will definately need a lawyer to help him. But in the end, he will most likely get it and the lawyer will take his pay from your dad then. Be sure to get a lawyer that specializes in getting disability, because they know all the crap they have to file, and know their way around the system. If your dad gets his disability, he will probably also qualify for SSI.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy