Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Preventing diabetes?
What is the most sugar I should be taking to be safe from the risk of diabetes....

Dehydration ?
my husband is working outside in 98 degree weather in full welding gear. he sweats unbelievable he drinks alot of water but today he is so cramped up he cant go to work... he says his whole body ...

My blood sugar is 173...Is that high?
Hi. I just wanna know if 173 is high. I had gestational diabetes in the past and I never went above 120. I checked today just out of curiosity and got 173. Please tell me if it is normal. and if not ...

Can one can of coke cause sugar in the urine? I have to wait until tommorrow before they do another test.?
I drank it on a empty stomach. I have been having constant stomach aches with constipation for four months. I though it was IBS but now the doctor isn't so sure....

Is it possible to get diabetes from eating to much sugar?

Do Diabetics...? Read On?
Can diabetics have the same life span as a normal person? Type 1 and 2. Also, can diabetes skip a generation?...

Blood presur 188/108?
high blood ...

Can you be a driving instructor if you have diabetes?

Type one diabates? Symptoms?
I'm 14 and lately I've been really thirsty all the time, always tired, always hungry, and even when I eat a lot I don't get full and my weight stays the same or goes down by at least 4 ...

Would peeing too much be a symptom of?
pre-diabetes as well?????
And how much is too much????
I am pretty sure I am not dabetic, my fasting was 99 and 5.4 for an a1c and my dr. says its fine, but I am just curious.
thanks ...

How often do diabetics have to take insulin shots?

IS it possible for me to have type I diabetes and not know it? and could i die from not knowing?
I have no health insurance..and i barely eat once a day..is it possible that i have type 1 diabetes and not know it? and could it kill me if it's not treated?...

Blood sugar going wacky, could someone help? Has this happened to anyone else? (please read details)?
My blood sugar is giving me trouble. The dr's say I'm not diabetic but I have been checking sugar daily.
When I eat even 1 bite of a cookie I get severe headache, I stay away from pop,...

IS dark chocolate suitable for a diabetic?

How does diabetes spread?

Do you go to diabetes camp?
i go to camp kudzu, but i was just wondering what other great camps are out there for us?...

Why does Insulin have to be injected?

My sister is a diabetic and has asthma too. So home remedies like taking sugar related stuff like honey is not
possible for her persistent dry cough.Can anyone suggest any remedy. The tests for TB and Pneumonia are all negative....

What does it mean when you pee alot?
pee 15 time a day i am 20 and fat (360) and 6 2
my tongue is like sand paper high blood sugar 180 nom is 120...

I took the blood test HbA1c and the level was 6.6. does this mean i am diabetic?
the normal is 6.0 but my doctor is doing nothing. should i be worried or not?...

summer_lvr_194
Diabetes symptoms?
i am 14 years old and i am 100 lbs and 5'2
i have been extremely thirsy and can never quench my thirst. i also am going to the bathroom alot. my vision blurs at times and when i stand up everything gets black but i think its because i might be standing up too fast. i am going to get my blood sugar checked on the 8th of april but i am just wondering if something is wrong
Additional Details
im also hungry alot like i eat and then 30 min. later im hungry again

Katie
those do sound like sypmtoms. do you have a family member that has diabetes and monitors their sugars? maybe they can go ahead and test you. if not see if your parents can move your appointment date up at all. if your sugars are out of controll they can really screw up your health. for now try to cut out as much sugar and carbs as possible untill your appointment

Dorothy K
Rating
Some common symptoms of diabetes (especially juvenile) can be frequent urination, extreme thirst, constantly feeling hungry, fatigue.

MamaSmurf
Rating
Could be lots of things. Just be sure to keep that doctor appointment

Carl F
Rating
Yes, get your blood glucose tested asap. If you've got a doctor's appointment on the 8th there is no reason you can't call now and ask for the test before the appointment to save time. Then go to the lab asap. If there's a serious problem your doctor may call you before the appointment.

If you find a friend that will let you borrow their glucose monitor, be sure to use a new lancet and have your friend put another new one into the lancing device when you're done. Also wash the expression cap with bleach or alcohol. Wash your hands before testing to avoid an inaccurate test result. It can be tricky to interpret the glucose result because it depends on when you last ate. Visit the American Diabetes Association website www.diabetes.org/pre-diabetes/pre-diabet...
to see hows to interpret result and to get more information about diabetes.

Good luck!

manicmousy
Rating
you sound diabetic to me. get checked out asap to avoid any long term complications. take it from someone like me. i'm 37 and already have diabetic neuropathy in my hands & feet! i've only been diabetic for 9 years. don't think bad stuff can't happen. i'm living proof! plus just because you're thin doesn't mean anything anymore. my uncle is as thin as a pencil & he's got it. and unfortunately, it's genetic. my mom & sister also have it.

also drinking a lot & peeing a lot are symptoms. i used to eat pasta (carbs) and get SOOOO sleepy afterwards. that's a symptom, too. also, cuts that don't heal quickly. good luck!

ItsJustMe
Rating
Extreme thirst and frequent urination are classic symptoms of diabetes. If it is diabetes you cannot wait until April 8th. All you need is a simple blood test to see if further testing is necessary. Have a parent call the doctor's office and get authorization for a test asap.

JAKE OATMON
It is true that constant thirst and urination are symptoms of diabetes, but part of it also is a sudden lost of weight, 5-10 pounds. Your problem could also be with potassium. It's better you go to your doctor for a check up to make sure. Don't just second guess yourself with this. Peace

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy