Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible that my child has type one diabetes?
My six year old has been feeling off for over a month. Headaches, naseua, always hungry, aches and pains.......the list goes on. This Thursday he had blood drawn and his count was 4.4. That night we ...

I am diabetic and i reaccuring boils in my inner thigh and now under both arm pits what should i do??

My blood pressure is 200/118 and waking sugar 170---is that bad???
any comments other than go to the doctor???...

Is honey a worthwhile replacement for sugar as far as cutting out sugar?
How will the body benefit from using honey instead of sugar?...

What foods should a diabetic avoid?
I just found out that i am diabetic and it is heriditary... I really need to know what foods i should avod and maybe get some information on what food i can eat and some things i can get and make and ...

I want to get diabetes?
How should I go about doing this?
Additional Details
Why? 'Cuz I'm a suicidal emo?

On that note, anyone know how to conduct a lobotomy at home?...

I finally had an A1C and fasting glucose test?
My results were 6.1 for A1C, and fasting result was 128.The nurse said it was borderline high.What do you think? I've lost about 10lbs, am normally115lbs .If I go on a low carb diet I'...

2 questions about Insulin for Diabetics?
1) A diabetes poster that I am studying says Regular insulin (Humulin R, Novolin R) and intermediate acting insuline (Humulin N, Novolin N) are OTC (Over the Counter). Could this be a typo???
I ...

Why do people always associate Diabetes type 2 with people who are overweight?
Everyone needs to realise that there are a few of us with diabetes type 2 who were diagnosed even though they are skinny. Most information that we are given is how to lose weight and also exercise ...

HOW DO i KNOW iF i HAVE DiABETES?
Well im really worried i could have diabetes..
Im always thirsty ......I always have to use the bathroom....i become dizzy......
so i just need advice......

Hungry, thirsty, .... maybe diabetes?
Recently I have just gotten over anorexia and I am eating normally again and very healthy I might add. But what is strange is I eat and 1-2 hours later I am hungry again. I am always thirsty and ...

Does too much stress can cause high blood sugar in 24 yrs old girl?
Does too much stress can cause high blood sugar in 24 yrs old girl?My neice is in hospital since last night.Doctor found out very high blood sugar in her blood.She never had this problem before but ...

Wat are the syptems for becoming a diabetic?

What to take for low iron?

How effective is insulin pump?
my daughter,13, is going through the term "honeymoon period" after diagnosis of diabetes type 1(may,2006), recently her sugar levels are going upwards than normal,ie. 7, i am thinking about ...

What can I do to prevent diabetes if I'm pre-diabetic?
I recently had a blood test and my fasting glucose was 102, which means I'm high-risk for developing diabetes. I weight 122 pounds and am 5'6". I have a very balanced diet, and don�...

Reduce blood sugar in the bllod?

I need a booklet to keep track of my blood sugars where can I get one for free beside walmart any place online
I need a booklet to record my blood sugar readings. I was told I could go to walmart I couldn't find them. Is there a website that has them for free? I really need some so if anyone knows ...

Diabetic's and Maple Syrup?!?!?
If the Maple Syrup is 100% pure maple syrup, can diabetic have it, only asking because I am diabetic type I and 13 years old and I can have apple juice that is 100% pure so Would I be able to have it?...

How do you get a pre-teen with type 1............?
to understand what can happen later in life if he doesn't seem to care right now!

My son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was nine...he's 12now and just doesn't ...

whenwillibdead
Diabet: What happens if I don't take my insulins for days ?
I'm diabetic for 6 years now and I'm curious about something. What happens if I don't take my insulins ? I forgot it but my doctors said something like 'your blood sugar will get high and you will die after 4-5 days'. Is that right ? Because I didn't eat something It's been 30 hours now and I barely took the amount of insulin I'm supposed to. And I still don't want to eat ... can anyone help me ? Many thanks.

kritten
I can't tell you exactly how your body will react. No one here can. I can tell you that your doctor has only your health and wellbeing in mind. And not eating and not taking your insulin is a pretty good way to make yourself very sick.

If you feel the need to "experiment" and see what will happen, it's really not a great idea, but at least be safe about it. I hope you are checking your blood sugar frequently.

If you are trying to kill yourself, please don't. That would be a slow and painful death and i'm sure your family and friends would miss you greatly.

Sabrina H
Your blood sugar will go high whether you eat or not. The body will release stored glucose. Eventually, your cells will start breaking down in a process called ketosis. Your blood will become more acidic. You will develop an intense thirst, your temperature will rise. You will start breathing faster as your body tries to remove the acid from your body via respirations. You will eventually go into a coma and die if not treated. From the outside looking in, it looks painful, but you will be out of your mind by that point. Your kidneys will eventually shut down. Many organ systems, including your brain may be permanently damaged. Diabetic KetoAcidosis isn't fun to watch. Unless you are looking to die a slow, painful death, take your insulin.

jeannieboop
you are playing with death. yes it will kill you if you don't do what the doctors tell you, you are just shorting your life or you ready to die?

sue
and just why would you not want to eat?? We eat to live! We also take our insulins as the doctor tells us to do!

Without food, the bod dumps glucose on the system. this makes the blood sugar go up!! So we need to test, eat, inject on a regular basis.

When you "forget" once in a while, that is understandable. But when we "won't" we wind up in the hospital with more problems than we really bargained for.

EAT!! TEST!!! INJECT!!! TEST SOME MORE!!!

You are loved by someone. Think of their sorrow when you do yourself some damage!!!

gangadharan_nair
Rating
If you have diabetes Type 1, you will suffer from ketoacidosis.
If you have diabetes Type 2, then you will suffer from hyperglycemia and further complications.

sandman
Rating
It is an absolute must that you follow your doctor's advice precisely regarding your condition. Diabetes is a very serious condition that without using your insulin or other medications as prescribed can lead to a diabetic coma and many other very serious problems including death. PLEASE don't ignore your doctors orders as it can mean the difference between life and death! Although Yahoo answers is a great place to get helpful tips about various things you should not use any information you get here to substitute for that of your doctor.

emt_me911
Your screen name leads me to think that you are suicidal and have a wish to indirectly kill yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong but something doesn't sound right here.

Not taking your insulin will lead to hyperglycemia, ketoacidosis, coma and death. It would not be pleasant. DKA can cause intense discomfort and high levels of pain. Loss of potassium will lead to cardiac irregularities and even more pain. You would not be able to breathe well. It could take days...DKA does not develop over night.

I urge you to seek some help. Call 911 and ask for psychiatric help.

At this point in time, I'm wondering if I'm already too late.

EMT

pearl
you'll go into diabetic shock first and then die if you are not treated, take this disease seriously.

lonepinesusan
Please listen to your doctor. It is all true,you may not be hungry because your BS is so high,but even if you don't eat and don't take insulin your BS will continue to rise and as stated above you will slip into a coma and either sieze or just slip away. Please eat and take your insulin.

catzrme
Rating
You slip into a coma and die. Eat something, anything. You probably don't feel like eating because your blood sugar is so high!!! Take your blood glucose level and then get the insulin in your body!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy