Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How high should my glucose count go before I start taking insulin?

What could an 80 year old diabetic have for breakfast?
She has got used to bread and cheese....

Could i have diabetes?
Hi
I have been eating a rather lot of sugar recently and my mother says i will be diabetic and also my pee is cloudy could this be a sign?...

Which is less painful for a child with diabetes for insulin injection...syringe or the pen device?

Diabetic girls skipping insulin?
Many diabetics are skipping their insulin injections inorder to lose weight, why do you guys think this is so relevant and what does it show?...

What can I do about my diabetic husband who day after day goes for hours without eating? I told him he's ...?
not supposed to do that. That he could get really sick by doing that (I forget what they call it ), but he won't listen to me. Then when he eats, he usually eats too much. He's very ...

Diabetes question?
Have a few questions everyone. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes about a year ago. I am not on insulin, but I am taking Metformin. I have changed my diet drastically, cut out all processed ...

At what tempature should i be conserned and go to the emergency room?

Additional Details
i have taken tylenol not working so ...

Will your blood-sugar get to low if you try to fast for like three days?
I recently tried the Atkins diet and started seeing double then I got an intense headache. I slammed some cranberry juice and I felt better. My guess was that my blood sugar was to low so I was ...

Constant hunger, diabetes?
My hunger pains are terrible, especially at night... I've tried eating more during the day, but nothing seems to help very much... Sometimes my legs shake very badly during these hunger episodes....

Does kid have diabetes???
OK here's the deal; I have an 8 yr old son, whose blood sugars go up spontaneously, sometimes over 200.
*He drinks a lot.
*Has what he calls weird stomach aches where he is nauseas w/...

Diabettes!!!!!?
my best friend has diabetes she is the best and acts just like every one eles but some times she starts to shake and i no y cuz of her blood sugar but i kinda wanna no how she got it but i dont rele ...

Do you want to be cured of Diabetes,Cholestrol osteoporosis is my question .?
I can give the right food suppliment and CURE YOU.ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM ( you should be in INDIA)...

What can Diet Pepsi/Coke do to a Diabetic, if anything?
A freind of mine is diabetic,..specifically my Dad,...drinks diet Pepsi all the time. Drink around 2 large bottles a day. He is Debetic.

What can Diet Pepsi/Coke do to a Diabetic, if ...

What are the uses of honey?
Can a diabetic patient have honey?...

Can someone with sugar diabetes go out of control when their sugar gets low?
Can Someone go nuts like breaking things and being mean?Can they not remember where they have been or where they are at?...

Is the special k diet good for your kidneys?
Over the past year i have had issues with my kidneys, i have one that only works 20% and have been suffering from re-occuring infections. I have not had any infections for the past 3 months but since ...

He peed on me and now doesnt want to sleep over...?
my boyfriend (type 1) accidentally peed in his sleep because he forgot to take his shot and now is paranoid when i sleep over. He finds it almost impossible to sleep.
When it happened i jumped ...

What's the best way to overcome diabetes type 2?
i am currently trying diet and exercise, but sometimes I have to exercise too much, for comfort and then i still end up not exercising after the biggest meal of the day....

Could my daughter have diabetes ?
she is almost 8 and her BMI is 20.7 that put her above the 95%line

where can i find out more about this?

she is 47in and 65...

Rainy
Can you get diabetes if you eat a lot of sweets?
cuz i love sugar and chocolates,can this cause diabetes later on in life?

Cheat Sum
Rating
I think it can increase your chances of getting diabetes.

Fat people usually gets diabetes anyways.

Kattitude
YES

Crickett
Rating
If you gain a large ammount of weight it can trigger Type 2 diabetes. Eating candy alot won't damage you unless you stay healthy and fit.

Laurence W
Rating
Absolutely. Not guaranteed, but you run a much higher risk of it.

Eat a balanced diet. Fruits and vegies have an uncountable number of nutrients that are great for you. Fruits are sweet, and much better for you. Less available and less "fun". But much better for you.

ml88b
Rating
eating too many sweets isnt what causes diabetes...thats a myth. eating too many sweets will eventually make you fat though...and being overweight does increase your chances of developing type 2 diabetes.

emt_me911
Rating
Since you have gotten some conflicting information, I will try to clarify this for you.

You CANNOT get diabetes simply from eating too much sugar. If your pancreas functions as it should, it is able to release insulin into your bloodstream to metabolize the sugar and convert it to energy.

You CAN get diabetes (type 2) from being overweight. Eating a lot of unhealthy foods often leads to weight issues. THAT can lead to diabetes. Type 2s in general are mildly to morbidly overweight, lead a sedentary lifestyle (do not get any exercise) and take poor care of themselves.

*This is not meant in any way, shape or form to offend any Type 2s*

Type 1 diabetes is considered an autoimmune disorder. Yes, some people are born with it or diagnosed at a very early age (infants). Autoimmune means that the body attacks itself, destroying the cells that produce insulin, leaving your body unable to manufacture it. Type 1s need to take insulin injections several times a day and monitor their blood sugar carefully just to survive. That's in addition to diet changes, exercise regimens and general health care. Type 1 used to be called juvenile diabetes because it mainly appeared in childhood. Now it is referred to as Type 1 because while it is rare, it can appear in adulthood (20s) but is even more rarely seen after age 30.

Type 2s can generally manage their diabetes with diet, exercise and oral medications. Some Type 2s need insulin. With Type 2 diabetes, insulin is either not utilized correctly by the body or the body does not manufacture enough. Type 1s have generally suffered pancreatic failure and produce no insulin. That is why they must take it by injection.

I'm a type 1, diagnosed at age 26. I use an insulin pump. I'm 5'7" and weigh 135 pounds. I swim and lift weights for exercise. I test my sugar 6-8 times a day. I watch what I eat and stick to my diet. I do allow myself a treat once in a while. I take care of myself because I want to be here for a long time to come. I'm only 37.

I try
Rating
The sugar no.

Gaining weight from eating all the sugar yes.

Pahd
From the American Diabetes Association: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-myths.jsp

Myth #3 Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.
No. Diabetes is caused by a combination of genetic and lifestyle factors. However, being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes. If you have a history of diabetes in your family, eating a healthy meal plan and regular exercise are recommended to manage your weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy