Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Blurry vision after eating sweets?
It doesnt happen often but it lasts about half hour after I eat very sugary foods....Is this a sign of diabetes?...

Anyone have ideals on ways to help a 10 yr old manage her diabeties better ?
So she can not have as many high's. She has had it for 6 months and on a 60- 75 carb diet, each meal 2 shots a day. We are contenstiantly getting insiline adjustment from the dr. Scared of the ...

Can anyone help me with husband,who has type 2 diabetes?
My husband was diganosed with type 2 diabetes, on Friday and I need help in his menu prepartions.can anyone help me?...

I am 17 years old and need to gain weight.. how?
I am 17 years old, almost 18. i weigh 85 pounds and 5'7.
i hate my body, and i really need help. i eat alot, more than some friends and family. i just dont gain weight. my parents say its ...

What are signs of diabetes?
my grandma has it...and I have been getting weird symptoms, can u please tell me the symptoms?...

I think I might have diabetes???
I have been realy thirsty lately and lost a few pounds. Im constintly having to go to the bathroom because of all the water that im drinking and have been kinda moody. What do you think?
A...

3-cigerattes per day suitable for people with diabetes?
I smoke 3-4 cigerattes per day. And i am suffering from diabetes for the past 14 years from now. I don't want to quit smoking and i just wanted to know whether its okay smoking 3-4 cigerattes ...

Remedy of diabetes?

If some one pee for more than ten times a day is it diabetic?
Hi everyone,

Few years ago this started.I couldnt stay two hours without peeing.At that time i felt burning when peeing.And urine was redcolored.And i met a doctor and did some tests.The ...

What country does diabetes come from?

Health diabetics and alchohol?
cantype 2 diabetics drink lager and b safe whilst on insulin and metmorphine age 60years ...

Is it safe to have a tatoo if your Diabetic?
I am insulin dependant diabetic, And thinking of getting a small tat on my shoulder. I have to be careful of infection as it affects sugar levels, but Is there anyone like me who has one already that ...

Any way to prevent diabetes from.....?
Diabetes runs in my late father's side of the family. He had diabetes, his mom had diabetes, his father had diabetes, and I think one of my uncles has diabetes.

As so, it runs in my ...

What are some symptoms to diabetes?? what's the youngest age you can get it???

Am I a diabetic? Im pregnant and scared?
I am very freaked out because I am pregnant I am 37weeks and My Dr told me that I am diabetic because my sugar level is a little high, but I havent felt any symptoms or felt bad (physically) I know I ...

Splenda? Pesticide?
Did anyone happen to here that Splenda contains a Molecule that is really a pesticide? That during testing of the product it caused "shrunkenThymus Glands & enlarged Kidney and Livers" ...

If you donate blood, and you have diabetes...?
Does that mean the person who gets the blood will have it too? I know that they check for these things, but just pretend the tests didn't work that time or something.
Thanks....

I am diabetic, why does heating pads say do not use if you are diabetic ??

Is there such thing as shoes specially designed for a diabetic?
How does it work?...

Weird blood glucose levels?
I have been tested for Diabetes 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months due to other medical issues and have always been in the normal range. Within the last week I have been suddenly really thirsty. Just ...

baz
Can diabetics eat honey rather than sugar?
I have noticed on Honey labels that it is 78% sugars but can I eat it as a diabetic?

blue dolphin
Rating
Yes you can. But read this page first.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes/AN00425
Also go through a few sites on this page.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=honey+and+diabetes&meta=

kay_flood
no, honey is identical to refined sugar in it's chemistry, and it is used by the body the same way sugar is. honey is as much a no no for diabetics as refined sugar.

Bob T
Rating
No.

18_Inch_Guns!
Um not sure what your getting at. Chocolate isn't 100% sugar either but is a good source of sugar for diabetics.

RussetB
Yes, but not too much of it and preferably as part of a meal.

karen h
NO YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE SUGAR OR HONEY. IT IS BAD FOR A DIABETIC. KAREN, DIABETES 2

walkerclan3
Honey is like natures natural sugar. I wouldn't eat it and I don't I'm a diabetic myself.

Gary B
Honey is just concentrated sugar. 78% sugar 22% water.

For a diabetic, it must be treated just like sugar, and eaten only sparingly, if at all.

Technically, honey is WORSE for a diabetic. Honey is primarily glucose, which require no digestion to enter you blood stream. Honey causes an immediate blood sugar spike.

Table sugar, on the other hand, requires at least a little digestion, so the blood sugar spike is a little bit slower than with honey -- but not by much.

Jaime S
for high blood sugar,no. honey is 17 grams of carbs in a tablespoon. and sugar is 4 grams per teaspoon. so it is alot higher in honey. and carbs are worse than the sugar intake. So the answer is ,if you are gonna use sugar use a little bit. I like Splenda,as a substitute.

SBflyer99
Rating
Only in moderation. The fact is that honey is mostly sugar, notwithstanding that it produces other unrelated health benefits, such as booting your immune system.

Tizzie
As a type 1 diabetic, my son has to treat honey in the same way as he does sugar. So sorry to say that honey is no better for you!

aprilchick70
Both are pretty bad.. but you can eat a little.

Christin K
Honey is also sugar. It's just a natural form of it. You need to monitor your honey intake just like you would white granulated sugar, brown sugar, molasses, sorghum syrup, corn syrup or any substance that ends in the letters -ose.

Honey does have more nutritional benefits--(not MANY, but some) than white sugar.

Mickjam
Rating
Sugar is sugar.
Honey is still sugar, because, like all carbs, it will turn into glucose in the blood stream. You still need insulin for honey.

The good news is that honey is a natural sugar and it will metabolize more easily. Try to avoid processed and refined sugars (hard to avoid in our world today) and you'll find your sugar will stay level more easily.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy