Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Type 1 diabetes please help?
hi sorry to ask but can you let me no as much a you no about type1 diabetes as my 4 year old has it and what happens in the ...

Help.. My sister is diabetic patient .So tell three things to use instead of Sugar .?
+Any recipe will help .
Have a nice day ....

Why and how does diabetes effect your eye sight?

What do you know about Diabetes?

What are some signs and symptoms that you might have diabetes?

Does a diabetic's blood appeal more to vampires?

What are the symptoms/warning signs of diabetes (adult onset)?

If a non diabetic is injected with insulin, can they counter the effects by eating sweets?
I saw it in a movie. The guy injected the girl and went out in the balconey. She ate chocolates and jumped off the balconey and ran.
Additional Details
I meant balcony....

What are the symptoms of Diabetes?

I have a relative with diabetes. How are diabetics supposed to eat?
Because this diabetic i know eats sweets and drinks beer, but claims that he doesnt exactly know what a diabetic can eat, so he eats the stuff he knows he shouldn't eat....

My gf has recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes..?
i want to marry her but i dont think my parents will allow once they will know abt her disease and even if they will then they ll remain always tensed coz of it in future,,
what if i dont tell ...

Is walking exercise reduce sugar level in diabetic patients?
Because it is strongly advocated by the Physicians to all patients affected by the Diabeties....

Diabetes question...?
what are the different types of diabetes..and how do you know if you have it??

please explain in detal.....

Do magnets help the swelling of a diabetics foot?
im a diabetic with a swollen foot my doctor says i do not have a blood clot and shoulld be ok ,i was told to wear magnets similar to the arthritis ...

Can athletes get diabetes?
I do about 150kms of cycling and about 6 hours in the gym per week doing spinning and other things, I am 17 and after this I consume TONES of sugar, honey, chocolate, all !

How easily ...

I have low blood sugar in morning after I eat breakfast just enough to bring my sugar up,I get very sleepy?
is this a normal thing,or should I be concerned? T...

My grand parents are Severe Diabetic?
I am Zain lari from India - today 28.nov.07 is my birthday , i would request for suggessions - i drink 2 litres of fruit juices each day or can be more if i feel thirsty - i have just arrived 2 ...

Could you please tell me the early symptoms of diabetes?thanks!?

Why is it?
That when your blood sugars are high, you feel moody, angry at everything, aggitated, p**ed off, an about ready to kill someone???? Or is that just me?...

Why do children love to eat sugar?

just wondering
Can diabetes(Hyperglycemia) cause random/violent outburst with no catalyst?
example: My husband was eating lunch & when I approched him to talk, he started cursing/name calling & said to leave him alone. After a few hours, he returns to normal. I read so much about mood swings with hypoglycemia but nothing for the oppostie.

I_Spy
I've never experienced random/violent outbursts before without a catalyst, and I've been in the 300's before I was put on proper medication. I'm guessing that it's something else.

Go Bruins
Rating
Hyperglycemia doesn't cause random/violent outbursts. Stress can cause that, but not hyperglycemia. I've seen people in the 700s and even a person who was up to 2000 (they passed out after 750 at home and didn't wake up for four days) and they would pass out before bursting out. A person would be more likely to go into a coma than expend energy in an emotional outburst. I work at a hospital on a unit where we see many diabetics and none of them have violent outbursts due to hyperglycemia. Did you talk to him about it? Don't accept the excuse that his blood glucose was too high.

Nana
Rating
I would not expect this to have anything to do with his blood sugar. I would be more apt to think he is just using his diabetes as an excuse for his inappropiate behavior and lack of self control.

Cheree S
Rating
My husband is type 1. He does have major mood swings when his blood sugar is off. As said earlier, he needs to monitor what he's eating and his blood sugar. I have known my husband for 10.5 years and this has been a constant. I don't think that it's fair for him to excuse his behavior becuase his blood sugar is off. Cussing and calling you names, or in my case, my husband's hitting (early on) and then his own outbursts, should never be alright. My husband continued to blame outbursts on blood sugar and I couldn't continue the relationship becuase I wanted my children to be with someone who wouldn't hurt me or them.
I've known other diabetics who do have mood swings, but violence isn't one of their behaviors.

Good luck.

HighNoteHunni
Rating
HYPOglycemia can def. cause MOOD changes. Many times when I have been low..I have become grouchy and irritable...and yell about things..that normally don't bother me. My family usually just tells me to go eat something..haha..if I start getting moody.

rockerchick82
Rating
Absolutely not. He (or you) is simply using this to excuse his bad behavoir. There is something wrong with him but it doesn't have anything to do with his diabetes. He needs to seek the advice of a mental health professional. Sounds bi-polar to me.
Marriage counseling should be considered here as well.

Dorothy and Toto
When he's eating lunch, he probably has LOW BLOOD SUGAR! That's why he's eating. The blood sugar won't go up till after he's finished eating. So give him some peace at the dinner table.

MenifeeManiac
Rating
A buddy of mine recently disclosed that he had diabetes, too, and that he was experiencing occasional depression.

Maybe that happens when his blood sugar level is too low or too high.

I have noticed that if I do not eat for six hours (I know, I shouldn't do that; but I get into my job), I feel both physically and mentally/emotionally anxious to eat. And once i complete the ritual of testing my blood sugar and shooting up, I eat as if I had fasted for three days.

Maybe your husband's blood sugar was too low, and his body and mind went into panic mode...

Mr. PeachyΒ®
More likely the health problems resulting from poor diet and lack of exercise will cause mood swings more than the change in blood glucose will. I've been at 200 with no noticeable difference in mood.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy