Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Other than going to the doctors what should i do for imemia?? (iron defencey)?
im 14 and im always tired and i sleep the 10 hours recomended but im still always tired. im scared to go to the doctors so what should i do??...

Is 150 blood sugar level very high for a 63 yrs old?

What is normal blood sugar with fasting and after food?

How can the fasting blood sugar be 106 and the blood sugar an hour after a meal be 85?
On two occasions that my blood was tested, the fasting blood sugar was above normal (106), but the blood sugar an hour after a meal was within limits (85).

Isn't this an anomaly?
<...

Diabetes? My symptoms;?
Okay. So lately, I've been really thirsty, like, so much more TIRED then i usually am, constant urination [ew i know.] and sometimes, i dont even drink alot because i hate going to the bathroom ...

How often should I check blood sugar??
I'm hypoglycemic, and was wondering if there should be a certain pattern of how often I check my sugar to make sure it didnt drop dramatically/starting to drop....

Can someone with diabeties take anti depressants? Thanks?
I only take tablets and not injections for diabities but very depressed and wonder if I can saftly take a mild anit-depressant?...

I want to abandon to inject insulin daily, if you've alternative, & you've used instead of insulin, plz tell m
Becasue My Mother is diabetic patient she has kept using insulin she irritate to keep injecting insulin....

Is my blood sugar normal?
Lately i've been having extreme thirst and hunger, frequent urination, fatigue, blurred vision, and irritability. I was checked for diabetes 2 months ago, but my symptoms are not improving and i&...

How serious is Vitamin D deficiency?
I found out that I have very low levels of Vitamin D. My doctor prescribed me a Vitamin D tablet (1000mg) a day. My fiancee and I are going to try to have children in about 10-11 months and I am ...

I have diabetes and a severe foot proble,??? serious answers only?
I have had diabetes for 7 yrs and have developed sores on the bottom of my right big toe that gets debreeded every week and now i have a sore on my heel of the same foot. my question is they took a ...

Fasting and Diabetes 2-- Is it safe?
Is it safe to go fasting if you are type diabetes 2? I want to fast for 24 hours and wanted to know if anyone has done it....

Im diabetic..is there a good sugar free no fat icecream out there??

Is gout a common problem among diabetics?

What type of doctor specializes in diabetes(the official title of that doctor)?
Dermatologist work with skin

Gynocologist work with, well you know

Pediatricians work with kids

Oncologist work with cancer patients

what is the name for ...

How do you know if you have diabetes?
can someone please tell me all the signs of having diabetes? i am 12 yrs old and after i finish eating my dinner, i test my blood sugar like 3 or 4 hour later and the results are 140...is this normal....

What is the best brand of oatmeal and or breakfasts in general for you diabetics out there? What do you eat?

Why do my feet swell whenever I eat salt? Does it have anything to do with the fact that I have diabetes?

Additional Details
Yahoooo!
Do you know where I can learn more about the interaction between the kidneys and salt?...

How serious is it?
I had some lab work done the other day and when my doctor's office called today they told me my blood sugar (after fasting for 12 hours) was 230. Is this something I should be concerned about?...

As a prediabetic and a busy life style, what are some nonperishables I can keep at work?
I have a busy lifestyle but I'm trying I have a hard time keeping fresh vegetables, milk, yogurt at work because they either go bad or the work fridge gets filled up. Are some other types of ...

Kenny N
Can a person die if they are injected with a lot of insulin?

Additional Details
much do they have to get injected with to die right away?

c_schumacker
Rating
Yes. It actually is a very effective way to kill yourself. Your brain must have glucose in order to function. With a lot of insulin, all of the glucose would be stored away in cells. At minimum it would put you in a coma.

There are cases where people have used insulin as a method to commit murder. Interestingly it can be tracked by lab studies. The insulin you produce yourself is different than that that is administered exogenously. The amount that it would take to kill an average person would be very different than that who is diabetic. Some diabetics administer over 100 U of insulin to themselves everyday. That would most certainly be a fatal dose in a non-diabetic person. I don't know if the minimum "fatal" dose is really known as it is not something studied.

BAR
Rating
yes too much insulin will cause the persons sugar to crash. I don't like this question so I won't go any farther with it.

NickyB
Rating
Yes yes yes I threaten my boyfriend about it all the time LMAO!! but seriously a friend of mines mom commited suicide using her husbands insulin a year ago,she was dead before thew ambulance arrived

donnabellekc
Being injected with too much insulin can cause blood sugars to drop drastically, and cause a coma--and then death.

Cammie
It's a bad method. You don't simply go to sleep.You will feel terror .

christmas
Rating
Absolutely! Insulin can be a very dangerous drug-if a person has too much insulin they will become weak, lethargic, sweaty, confused, sleepy, etc..and if a person is not treated for hypoglycemia and the blood sugar continues to fall--it can lead to seizures, unconsciousness, coma and death. An untreated episode of hypoglycemia and/or a person who is unconscious from hypoglycemia is a medical emergency and requires immediate intervention.

reginachick22
Rating
Yes. They may die or have irreversible brain damage even with small amounts.

If you are planning to kill yourself, seek help now. If you were to do this, there is a chance you will suffer severe brain damage and yet not die, becoming a vegetable (i.e. persistant vegetative state) for the rest of your days. It would also be a terrifying way to go, as you wait for it all to kick in and slowly lose control.

If you are thinking of harming someone else, know that lethal doses of insulin can be detected. They will check the person's c-peptide level, which indicates natural insulin levels in the body. If they have low blood sugar and more insulin than c-peptide, they know it was injected.

Insulin is NOT something to be played with. If you are asking for reasons beyond curiousity, please talk to someone about it who can help you.

x
Rating
Either that or he can have a free-for-all at the pizza shop.

Together
Yes if they have too much they could go into a coma and they could even die

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy