Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

My father just recently was told that he is diabetic, I need some basic info on what he should do.?
Can anyone help him.
he needs to know how to maintain his blood sugar and if because one day he didn't drink any type of soda at all and then the next day he drank some and his blood sugar ...

My son aged 30 is having enraised blood sugar fasting 170 and blod presure 140/100. can it be cured by exercis
cholesteral level is also slightly high. suggest ...

What can my friend do if his diabetes has starting to make?
his toes numb for maybe 4 or 5 months?...

Is it safe to get a tattoo if you are diabetic?

Does it have to be a name brand oat cereal to lower Cholesterol.?

Do any of you diabetics have pain in your feet and hands...?
that causes you trouble to walk or use your hands normally?
if so what do you do to help it? what causes it? thanks for your help......

Name foods,snacks and junk food you can't eat if you are diabetic?

When are they going to find a cure for Diabetes?

My dad is diebetic and he cant resist sweet foods?
my dad is suffering from diabetes and He is on pills daily. Usually he was interested in sugary foods but now after diabets he has become greedy about sweet food. I am amazed at the turnaround. How ...

If you are diabetic will it hurt you to add 3 packets of sweet and low in your tea per glass?

How does a person with diabetes control it? I have it and I'm having trouble controling it.?

I'm a diabetic. Passed out yesterday. Tested my Blood sugar, it was 42. Should I call my doctor?
I have type 2 diabeties. I take 5mg of glyburide aday. I have lost over 40lbs since I was diagnosed 2 years ago....

No Carbs, No Sugar for Type 2 Diabetes?
I was recently told by the doctor that I had type 2 Diabetes about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The doctor then prescribed for me to take Metformin at 1000mg a tablet to bring my blood sugar level down. I ...

I am diabetic and i just ate a grape now i feel bad what should i do?

What is the remedy for diabetic patients?

Can type II diabetes live with out Medication?
My brother had diabetes for 8 years and he is 48 years old new, he never take any diabetic medicine but exercise, his blood surger around 160 to 180 after two hours of the meal and under 120 in the ...

Are nuts permitted for a diabetic?
Can a diabetic include nuts in his diet?...

Diabetes Type 2 query? Diagnosis and every day living.?
How does a 40yr old newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic control neuropathy when they already have Cerebral Palsy and a spinal injury caused by a wheelchair basketball accident? My uncle had Type 1 and ...

When your diabetic what foods should you avoid?
I just found out some one I know was diagnosed with diabetes but I want to help keep her on track by keeping an eye on the foods she eats. Can some one give me a list of those foods?...

HOW FREQUENT is the thirst in diabetes?

Carl R
Can a diabetic patient take alchohol (vodka) and how much is permissable everyday?

sharrona
Rating
Not a good idea.

Ask your doctor.

kcbranaghsgirl
Why are you asking people at Yahoo!? Even another diabetic, or a nurse or doctor who hasn't examined you would never be able to answer this appropriately for you.

GO ASK YOUR DOCTOR!

*babydoll*
Rating
No, they cannot.

Baby'sMom
Alcohol tends to lower your blood sugar, which can cause unexpected lows; you can DIE in a diabetic coma...is it worth it? There are so many things in the world that are more fun than being drunk! Please don't do that.

carpet guy
Hi
This is a great website for diabetic.You can post your Question there too
http://www.diabetesforums.com/

Melissa I
Rating
If your diabetic, you could have long term problems associated with drinking. It takes antibodies twice as long to heal your body from sickness. Adding alcohol to your daily routine is only causing much more severe problems to your body.

grapelady911
Alcohol converts to sugar, diabetics cant process sugar... therefor, diabetics should not drink alcoholof any kind at all!

Doris D
a diabetic should not drink any alcohol at all i don't care if it is vodka.

Artist
Rating
A diabetic shouldnt drink too many alcoholic drinks at all. You can drink that, but be careful not to drink a lot.

x
I wish people would stop disregarding people's Answers on Yahoo Answers in 'Diabetes'. I see it alot. There are good resources here, better than many other places. Plus, you get answers without bias of trying to sell you something. This includes the physician's office who sells you their services and often know less about diabetes than people living with it most of their lives. Those people you can find here.

With that out of the way, diabetics CAN and DO drink alcohol. In moderation, there is nothing taboo or wrong with this. Just maintain blood sugar monitoring and control just as you would with anything else. There are far worse things that can affect your blood sugar.

As far as drinking Vodka everyday and trying to figure out what is permissible, see my above comment. However, you may have another problem to deal with, like alcoholism. That and diabetes are a dangerous mix.

ValleyViolet
Rating
Carl, you need to leave the Vodka alone. What does your doctor or health educator recommend for your daily nutritional intake? Your quality of life will depend on how well you take care of yourself now. That daily vodka now might result in dialysis, blindness or amputation later. Please take good care of yourself.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy