Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is it safe to have a tatoo if your Diabetic?
I am insulin dependant diabetic, And thinking of getting a small tat on my shoulder. I have to be careful of infection as it affects sugar levels, but Is there anyone like me who has one already that ...

Any way to prevent diabetes from.....?
Diabetes runs in my late father's side of the family. He had diabetes, his mom had diabetes, his father had diabetes, and I think one of my uncles has diabetes.

As so, it runs in my ...

What are some symptoms to diabetes?? what's the youngest age you can get it???

Am I a diabetic? Im pregnant and scared?
I am very freaked out because I am pregnant I am 37weeks and My Dr told me that I am diabetic because my sugar level is a little high, but I havent felt any symptoms or felt bad (physically) I know I ...

Splenda? Pesticide?
Did anyone happen to here that Splenda contains a Molecule that is really a pesticide? That during testing of the product it caused "shrunkenThymus Glands & enlarged Kidney and Livers" ...

If you donate blood, and you have diabetes...?
Does that mean the person who gets the blood will have it too? I know that they check for these things, but just pretend the tests didn't work that time or something.
Thanks....

I am diabetic, why does heating pads say do not use if you are diabetic ??

Is there such thing as shoes specially designed for a diabetic?
How does it work?...

Weird blood glucose levels?
I have been tested for Diabetes 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months due to other medical issues and have always been in the normal range. Within the last week I have been suddenly really thirsty. Just ...

My hubby is type 1 diabetic. Will there be any problem, if I am planning for pregnancy?
Please help!!...

Which fruit is not good to eat because it have a very high sugar count this person is a diabetic and eats lots
she eats allot of fruit is it good for a person to eat allot of fruits when the person is a diabetic ?...

What's a good, cheap snack for diabetics? Low in sugar AND carbs?

How young is too young for an Insulin Pump?
My son is 4 and I think it's too young, but there's a little girl in his PRESCHOOL with one. Does anyone know what the benefit would be for a child THAT young to have one? I can only see ...

I think i have diabetes?
i always have
Extreme hunger;
Extreme thirst;
Weakness and tiredness;
Irritability and mood swings;

does that mean i have it

if so how would they check ...

How does a one handed dibetic give herself shots if sh is right hanede and can only use her left hand?

Does anyone know a site where i can tell them all the symptoms i have and then they can give me sugestions on?
what i can possibly have?...

If you are diabetic and still crave for sweets, what should you do?
any heathy alternatives/...

Can you 'feel' when your blood sugar is too high?
ive heard people talk about their blood sugar level, but i was wondering if it was something they could phisically feel?, and how soon after a ...

Diabetes T2. Why are doctors no longer prescribing glucose test strips and lancets?
I thought glucose monitoring was part of controlling diabetes.

I have been prescribed tablets that can cause hypoglycemia, yet I'm told not to do home testing any more, and will no ...

Diabetes?????
I asked my dad if he has type 1 or 2. He said 1. However , he said he wasn't born with it and only takes medication, and does not need insulin. Isn't that type 2 diabetes? Also, how long ...

JD
Blurry vision after eating sweets?
It doesnt happen often but it lasts about half hour after I eat very sugary foods....Is this a sign of diabetes?

MiddleAgeVet
This is bad. You need to get to a doctor soon, you can blow out the tiny blood vessels in the back of your eyes and start going blind.

msjerge
Rating
it sounds like you have diabetes and you should go to the doctor and check your blood sugar level.

drdd
You should definately have yourself tested for diabetes. Blurred vision is a symptom many diabetics experience during hyperglycemic episodes. The reason is very detailed, but in short it happens b/c the sugars accumulate, and can sometimes lead to blurred vision and even blindness due to neuropathic nerve damage.

moonchild
yes!! please get tested for diabetis, blood sugar...hormone and thiroid

Violet Pearl
Rating
Not really. Blurred vision is a sign of hypoglycemia.
http://hypoglycemia.org/hypo_test.asp

Ms. Denton Lone Star â„¢
Rating
Yes. Very much so.

Santa Barbara
Rating
Yo, diabetes man! I have it too.

TiffMD
Rating
Yes. When you are hyperglycemic (high blood sugar), the lens of your eye lens can actually swell due to the changes that high sugars have on osmotic properties in the body. This changes the refraction of light (the job of the lens) so that objects are clear.

sernisi
could be. check your blood for sugar and insuline levels. also check your blood pressure and also check for glaucoma even though its asymptomatic.

Joanne H
Rating
I`d see your GP mum has this prob when her blood sugarrs are high

verginya2007
yes probably it is a D.M.releated to increase in sugar in blood with low insuline secreation from pancreas

Dorothy and Toto
DIABETES--DEFINITION
Diabetes mellitus is impaired insulin secretion by the pancreas and variable degrees of peripheral insulin resistance leading to hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). Early symptoms are related to hyperglycemia and include polydipsia (excessive thirst), polyphagia (excessive hunger and abnormally large intake of solids by mouth), and polyuria (excessive urination). Later complications include vascular disease, peripheral neuropathy, and predisposition to infection. Diagnosis is by measuring plasma glucose (blood sugar). Treatment is diet, exercise, and drugs that reduce glucose levels, including insulin and oral antihyperglycemic drugs. Prognosis varies with degree of glucose control.

Hyperglycemia is high blood glucose. Symptoms are--
Frequent urination
Excessive thirst
Extreme hunger
Unusual weight loss
Increased fatigue
Irritability
Blurry vision

Hypoglycemia is low blood glucose. Symptoms are--
Sweating and palpitations
Pale skin
Hunger - to the extreme
Trembling
Irritability
Anxiety/aggression
Poor concentration
Feelings of faintness/dizziness
Loss of consciousness
Death

Normal blood glucose ranges from 70-110. Anything below 70...hypo..anything above 110..hyper.
In the US, about 90% of diabetics are type II and 10% are type I.

Get checked out. Best of luck.

rrobertson51@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Could be a sign of diabetes,but it could be vertigo also.
My suggestion is : When in doubt,have a doctor check it out.We are all amateurs,you need a professional opinion.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy