Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Borderline diabetic ??
My husband was told years ago that he is borderline diabetic. He isnt on meds; he just has to watch his diet and eat something sweet every day or two to keep his sugar levels up. (I've never ...

Does this sound like diabetes to you?
-When I'm hungry I get shaky and feel like I'm spacing out. (This happens very rapidly)
-Very thirsty
-Leg cramps
-Acne
-Late periods
-Palpable thyroid
A...

How do I stop my ADDICTION to sugar?! please help...?
I am absolutley addicted to sugar! in a typical day I eat probably 2 bowles of ice cream and sugary cereal, one peice of pie, and at least a dozen pieces of candy...I'm not fat so thats not the ...

If I am diabetic, how many years do I have left to live?
Will someone humor me and tell me a "survival rate" for a 30 year old female with a glucose level of 126? My coworker is worried she might have diabetes. She is completely freaking out and ...

My daughter loves butter and the toast.?
It's too salty to me at my age at 52 with NIDDM & High BP. Is it harmful for my daughter also?...

A friend has just found out that she has type 2 diabetes?
she does not use insulin, and is basically treating it with diet.
As a friend what symptoms should I look for and what is serious and not serious?
Additional Details
what foods ...

Ok i get these headaches?
After i eat sugar and i get a tad dizzy...i think im a borderline diabetic. I see ppl eat snickers and wen i do it Oh boy lol i have a headache!! But anyway wut could this be...because it does go ...

WE are going on a road trip and i have diabetes type2 i like to know how can eat out for a month we are goin
we are going from Texas to C...

Insulin Pump...If you use it..do you like it?

Additional Details
Thank you so much for the answers. I am in a motorcycle ministry and on the run a lot, plus I can't keep a good control with Lantus and humalog. No offence, but G...

Why won't blood sugar level go down???
My mom is being treated for diabetes. She is treated through oral medication by her doctor. She has tried excercising and eating right, but her sugar level still shows that it is consistently ...

Are there any other solution to be supliment by not injecting insulin to the body ?
a) food consumption
b) home made medicine like (ayurvedic or chiness type)
c) physical ...

Sugar is known as simple carbohydrates. What does the body convert sugar found in fruits into?

Is omega3 capsule safe for diabetes mellitus?

I crave unhealthy food constantly. How do I control my blood sugar and/or lower my insulin levels?
I'm insulin resistant and am having a lot of trouble controlling cravings. I read that high insulin levels can lead to increased appetite, but I've also been stressed lately. I binge on ...

Hello, went to dr yesterday had 400 blood sugar level i cant quench my thrist no matter wht i drink seem to b?
craving juice can anyone suggest a juice i can drink , to help this , can i drink apple juice its wht i want but i dont know if i can hv it clinic here doesnt give out much information , ...

Is eating a apple, tangerine and banana too much sugar for one day?

Can't find sugar-free milk?
My aunt just found out she's diabetic and she's looking for sugar-free milk...even if it's powdered, but no internet searches are coming up with anything.
Can you help?...

I have heard that people who have diabetes can't use foot spa's. Is there any reason for this?

What is Diabetes Type 2 ?
What is Diabetes Type 2,

What Causes Diabetes trype 2,

What are the symptoms of Diabetes type 2,

What treatment is there for Diabetes type 2...

Does any one know where i can get a free meter and strips for monitaring my blood sugar levels?

Tammy
Blood sugar reading of 231?
I just tested my Moms blood sugar, and it came out to be 240. I know that is high, so I retested, and it was 231.

We have a call into her doctor, I was just wondering if you guys could tell me how dangerous is it for her level to be a 231? I heard rumors that anything over 200 can be life threatening...is that true?

The blood test was done around 3-4 hours after she ate anything last.

Thank you to all who answer.

She is not known to be diabetic.

Thanks.
Additional Details
I tested her because she is on a new medicine that says to be cautious of her blood sugar levels. We had a tester because her home nurse was using it on her before. That is why.

HSTERN
Take her for a walk exercise will help lower the sugar level.

Daniel F
thats a bit high, and calls for further investigation. ive seen people acting fine at twice that level - so at this point i would just have her checked out.

TuDiabetes.com
231 is not immediately life-threatening, but it is a high value, much more considering that over 3 hours had passed (post-prandial sugars should not exceed 180).

It seems to me that, if she's having these values it is possible that she is diabetic. Only a doctor can confirm this, though, but it is definitely not something normal and it needs to be looked into sooner than later.

In case it helps, I would also like to invite you to join TuDiabetes.com, a community for people touched by diabetes.

;)
Rating
It's not an immediate life-threatening problem. Just tell her not to eat anything for a while longer. If she absolutely has to eat, make sure she eats fat like scrambled eggs with butter (no ketchup) or something like that. Fats don't raise blood sugar.

je
Are you sure the machine your using is calibrated properly or the battery is not low? I would not be so concerned with a reading of 231. However I would address it with her doctor. They may do a fasting insulin and glucose test to see if she is having any problems.

nectar
Rating
231 is not dangerous but may be alarming! Read that value again a) before breakfast (nothing must be eaten or drunk other than water at least for 8 h) then b) 2-hours after breakfast with the same glycometer. These measurements can be done at home.

If the preprandial (before breakfast) reading is over 130 mg/dL and/or postprandial (2 h after breakfast) is over 180 mg/dl; then take your mom to hospital for measurements of blood sugar in laboratory

barthebear
Rating
Good for you for calling the DR. He will order some further blood tests from the regular lab for her. I wonder how you happened to test it if she is not a diabetic? Anyway now she will be treated and try not to worry.

xox_bass_player_xox
Rating
It should not be an immediate danger but having high blood sugar for a long time is dangerous. It sounds like she is probably diabetic and should see a doctor right away. Anything over 200 is a sign of possibly having diabetes. Normal fasting blood sugar should be between 80 and 120. If she tested 231 4 hours after eating it seems like she is diabetic but have a doctor check it out to make sure.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy