Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Anyone heard of lap-band surgery for weight loss? if so is it expensive?
I have type 2 diabetes and have tried many diets to lose weight ..only to fail repeatedly.would like to try the lap-band surgery,but am hesitant to do it ...I am curious as to what it actually does ...

Prediabetes and prevention?
If someone has prediabetes (Insulin resistance), is it completely reversible, provided that one follows a strict diet and rigorous exercise regimen? Is it possible to prevent diabetes from developing?...

Diabetes ?
can someone with Diabetes be a Police officer, FBI agent, CIA, or anything like that?
Additional Details
type one diabetes, yes insulin dependent....

I sometimes have sugar in my urine?
ive had several urine tests and sometimes i have sugar in it and sometimes i dont. is this normal?or a sign of diabetes? can it come and go with diabetes?
Additional Details
forgot to ...

Under what conditions should you give a diabetic sugar?
a) if the victim is a known diabetic
b) if the victims mental status is altered
c) if the victim is awake enough to swallow
d) all of the ...

My hands are usually very cold. How does this happen?
They get very cold to where I feel like I'm about to freeze....

What if you went to the doctor and took tests and was told come in you have diabetes and your blood is400?

My blood pressurewas111/63 hour a go now it is 186/119 should i cll my dr?

What do you know about diabetes?
is there a sure fine cure for type 2 diabetes? without takeing ...

Is it safe for a diabetic on blood sugar meds to go on a 1200-1500 calorie diet?

What treatment is available for Diabetes?

Natural Diabetis cure drug companys don't want you to know about?
I have heard about a book that tells how there is a natural way to cure diabetis, is anybody up on that?...

What are the side effects of taking cinnamon supplements?
My elderly mother is now taking these supplements in addition to blood sugar medication. I recently read about bad side effects on this, but do not remember specifics....

What are short and long terms affects of diabetes?

What point range is considered too low and too high when checking your blood sugar?

SOMEONE HELP ME its taking too long to get to lvl 2....?
im going to die of old age before i'll get to lvl 2........

What is high insulin levels?
I just was told I have high insulin levels - What exactly is that?

If anyone can answer this for me or provide me a link to a website with information, that would be great....

Is there a doctor in the house?
I have am diabetic and take insulin twice a day, but have increased my insulin cause my sugar remains high in the 300's, normally this help it to stay in the 100"s but now its not is this a ...

What are symptoms of diabetes?
im 14 by the way

i dont have to pee alot or drink alot. But i have lost like 3 pounds in a couple days(and on top of it i ate a whole bunch of food yesterday) so uhm could loosing weight ...

What are the side effects of diabeties patients?

embee
Blood Glucose Test 197 How to bring it down?
My husband's been feeling weak the last couple of days, so I did at-home blood test & it read 197.
What can I do at home to lower it?

OLGA L
change the foods you eat.exercise with weights. drink plenty of water.

sassycat_0910
Rating
daily exercise, healthy eating, and plenty of water are all great suggestions. however I would take him in to the Dr. and get him check for diabetes as well because he may need medication. Dont just assume you can fix this on your own, you have no idea how long he has been high, and the longer he goes undiagnosed the higher risk of complications he gets. Please take him in to get officially diagnosed/tested.

hmark
Rating
Stop eating packaged, frozen and canned foods from the supermarket. Go for fresh vegetables, and proteins from a health food store. Avoid pasta, rice, breads, flour & cake or desserts as they are carbs and will make his sugar level soar. Even fruits are converted to sugar, so avoid them for a while. Drink bottled water, no juices, no sodas and definitely no fast food. See if you have a Trader Joe's near you as their food (natural & organic) does not cost as much as other health food stores like Whole Foods, for instance.

sroyals86
exercise and decrease the amount of sugar and sugary foods he eats. also decrease the amount of carbs as well. try whole wheat, you can buy anything in whole wheat these days. no white potatoes, sweet potatoes are better. exercise will move the glucose in the blood to the cells to be used.

tskelton155
If your husband is a diabetic, this could be due to a lack of exercise or a need to reevaluate diet and medication. If he has not been diagnoised a diabetic an A1C should be done. This is taken over a period of time and is a time weighted average of blood glucose levels-the most accurate way to determine diabetic status. Weather factors, activity levels and diet can affect someone the same way. A complete range of lab work will rule out fatigue, diabetes, etc.

Dr. Tommy Skelton

gu r
Rating
Stop reading all these silly answers and see a medical professional. If your husband has been at this level for say ten years, and it is quite possible, he may have already done some damage. there are about twenty questions to follow up on that 197 reading, so see a doctor, maybe even an endocrinologist eventually.

sue
Rating
change his diet!! eliminate anything white, avoid anything tan or orange. Eat lots of green leafy stuff and tomatoes. Blue berries bring my glucose levels down.

otherwise: take him to the doctor and ask for complete blood count work up. But you should consider that anyway.

the problem could be with a medication he is taking? or an infection? or lots of things. Best to see the doctor and get a definite diagnosis.

High glucose numbers cause damage to peripheral blood vessels and nerves. anything over 126 is considered a high number if fasting.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy