Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can You die from having Diabetes????
I was just Jw cuz i'm confused. People are saying you can but then people are saying you can't!!!SO HELP!!!!
Additional Details
cause my BFF died a year ago from it but we have ...

I had a blood test for diabetes n the doctor said my level was 4.1 and this is in the range, is this right?
i had a blood test for diabetes and it came back that i was 4.1 i was told this was in the range, i have since spoken 2 a few people who have diabetes and the said the rang was 5 - 7, i drink about 7 ...

Could I have diabetes?
My partner thinks I may have diabetes, recently I've been extremely thirsty to the point of drinking cups of water non-stop all day and then having to the visit the bathroom every half an hour, ...

Is it okay to skip insulin once in awhile?
some days i seem to be able to not take insulin and have okay sugar levles is this ok? i dont want to get sick, but if my bs dosnt go above say 150, is that ok? i take the insulin most days
A...

Does anyone know how to lower bloodsugar without prescription drugs?
I mean such as natural remedies....

How can you bring your sugar level down quickly?
I an a recently diagnosed diabetic and need to know what is the best thing to do when my blood sugar is high? I do not have any medication yet from the Dr. so I am trying to get some natural methods....

Is brown rice healthy for diabetics?

Is Diabetes fatal? How long does the person live?

HELP! My dad's diabetic...?
Diabetes runs in our family and my dad just recently found out that he got it as well. Can anyone advise me on how to take care of a diabetic person? The do's and don'ts? What to eat and ...

Is it possible for a person with diabetes to be this moody?
i know two pepole who has diabetes and they always be moody i want to know if this myth is ture. i want serious ...

Hi, What are some possible ideas of what a government can do to decrease the risk of Diabetes, type 2? - Thanx
It is possible to prevent type 2 Diabetes, especially if it is not in one's genes. What are some responsobilities the government can take up to help. For example, so far I have: 1) More medical ...

How to avoid constipation?

Can you go into a diabetic coma, with high blood sugar? Mine is over 500.?

What should i do if my blood sugar level is 555?

What is pancreatitis?

What can happen if you eat to much sugar all at once?
Please try to answer these questions... Does eating to much sugar at once feel like the same effect you would taking a drug... What are the harmful effects of eating to much sugar at once... My ...

How to control blood sugur?

High blood sugar and anger?
12yr old son, very angry when sugar is up or down too much, anyone else?...

Can somebody live without a pancreas?
People can live, without a galbladder, spleen, one kidney, apendix, even with out a liver (in rare cases).... But can somebody live with out pancreas? If so, what are the risk? The reason for my ...

Why is there an increase in Type 2 Diabetes?

♥ Candice ♥
Are there any health risks if diabetes is not taken care of?
evaluation of potential health risks that may develop it the plan is not implimented
Additional Details
are there any chronic illnesses that can happen because of diabetes

knomanhoo
Rating
Health risks if diabetics is not taken care of?
Uncared diabetic condition spells RED all over !!!!!!!
(The EYES/The HEART/TheKIDNEYS)..are some organs on its HIT LIST.
...difficult to stop Bleeding & wounds that refuses to heal are some among other hosts of prolems.
< THE KEY >
... Education (diabetis)
... consultation (diabetologist)
...learn to live happily with diabetis.

wishing all D best
God Bless U

MamaSmurf
Rating
Umm, yeah, like heart disease, artery disease, blindness, heart attack, stroke, loss of limbs, kidney disease, should I go on? Both type one and two diabetics are at risk for these and other diseases. Not to mention the fact that when you are a diabetic, you are consider "high risk" for the flu, colds, pneumonia and a lot of other communicable diseases, And if we get sick with some of these things, it can cause us a lot of other problems that people with out diabetes don't have to worry about.

schwartzbarney
Rating
How about kidney failure,going blind, losing limbs.Diabetes must not be ignored.

wawan
....untreated well diabetes give effect complication disease kidney failure, heart attack, stroke..... very dangers....

sorrowlaughed25
Rating
If you have bad control of your diabetes you are susceptible to so many complications. Such as kidney/renal disease, poor circulation causes nerve damage which might lead to amputations. Nerve damage caused behind the eyes creates blockage of dead blood cells which leads to blindness-Retinopathy. Strokes and heart attacks, coma, death.....

TaTa
just like you got on the computer and ask this question, go to yahoo search engine, type up diabetes and hit search...........

kathy_is_a_nurse
Diabetes is a progressive disease. The more it goes untreated, the worse it gets, leading to increased risks for (and this is not a comprehensive list), blindness, brain damage, heart disease, stroke, hypertension, kidney failure, male impotence, loss of circulation into the legs (leading to chronic unhealing wounds, chronic pain, and even loss of limbs), and of course death from out-of-control acidosis.

I don't recommend it.

angel_dust_23
blindness, amputation, kidney and liver failure, i think.

swtirishrose04
Uncontrolled diabetes can damage your kidneys, cause hypertension, hyperlipidemia, blindness, peripheral nerve damage and can cause death.

Perla M
Rating
Diabetes means high blood sugar, and if that is high many other things get affected by this high level. First all your organs like heart, kidneys, liver, eyes, and more. The reason they get affected is because high blood sugar does not allow th eblood to "feed" these organs properly and they become damaged. So you can get heart or/and kindney failure, liver disfunction and retina (eye) problems that can cause blindness.

If these are not enough, than think of all the bactiria like stafillococcus that live in your body and can also "feed" from this high blood sugar and cause a growth in thei rnumbers that will create an imbalance in your whole system.

Diabetes is bad because it affects the blood and once that is damaged it causes damage to everything else it touches inside your body which is EVERYTHING!

Jessica McMahon
Rating
well if diabetes is not taken care you can lose limbs, you can die, you can have kidney faliure etc etc etc

Foghorn Leghorn
Too numerous to mention here. Just type in "high blood sugar risk" into the Google search window and marvel at the thousands of hits you get.

Chronic Illnesses? Lots.

Moral of the story, take care of it or die a slow, painful, miserable death.

Dr. Patrick V. Suglia
Rating
If you are talking about type 1 diabetes and you don't take care of yourself, you probably won't live long enough to worry about other health concerns.

L K
my aunts mom died within 3 years of having type 2 and not getting it treated

Pat C
I have been a T1DM for over 40 years I am blind, I have END Stage Renal Failure and on dialysis for the last 2 years, I have had 4 major heart attacks and have many stents in my heart NOW my stomach quit working so I throw up EVERYTHING! and loseing to much weight.
But I am still kicking...... Im not afraid to die Im really afraid to continue living! And what next!
OH and the kicker...... I took good care of my self daily insulin shots. even when on the pump for 5 years! diet and whole the nine yards and still I got it all! Well not all... I still have all my fingers and toes!
Good Luck and take care of yourself

Sherry D
There are SOOOO many health risks if diabetes is not taken care of..The main risk I would worry about if I were you is DEATH!
Really this is nothing to mess with...Check your blood sugars and take your insulin or meds whichever...watch your diet.... Just do it.

Bay Point
Here's the simple truth, a non-compliant diabetic that is in denial and will not take the necessary steps to care for themselves is committing a very nasty form of suicide.

abc x
Rating
hello.
yes certainly...
the moment u have diagnosed with diabetes u should strictly follow the medications to control it and keep the blood sugar levels below 126mg/dl (random sugar)and fasting below 90mg/dl... so 1st to control diet which should be without sweet things...
and diabetes effects each and every part of a human body...
starts with coronaries(heart), cerebral blood vessels(brain),
retina(eye),peripheral blood vessels(peripheral arterial diseases(effects lower limbs),there is called diabetic neuropathy when u started to lose sensation of touch or pain in ur lower limbs... and diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy(kidneys)...
so my dear Friend diabetes is like a slow poison which kill our body very sweetly....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy