Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What is a normal insulin level and what does it mean if they are 33?

Could really bad itchiness be a symptom of diabetes? Or worse?
or am I being a hypochondriac?...

How do you know if somebody is having a low blood sugar attact?
my best friend was just diagnose....

Do people really think there is a cure for Diabetes?
With all the research thats going on- do you really think there will ever be a cure- Researchers say they found one and than doctors say they havent! What do you think?...

Peanut butter is bad for diabetes ?
peanut butter is bad for diabetes ?...

Low blood sugar? help? what can i do?
help, my aunt has her sugar level at 4.3, and she is feeling weak and trembeling, what should we give her? to raise her blood sugar level. Help!!!...

What do diabetic patients do when there sugar levels go law?

Does Flax seed help Diabetes? How do you take it.?

Why is type 2 diabetes treated with insulin?
I though that type 2 diabetes meant that the body could no longer react to insulin because the cells were too damaged to detect it (the cell surface receptors now) so how can insulin work? Is it ...

Risk for it?
my dad and about everyone on his side of the family are diabetic. my mom, is none. my dad is 44 and just got diagnosed about a year ago. i'm 15, what is my risk of getting it?...

What’s the symptoms of type 2 diabeties?

If a patient is supposed to fast before a diabetic appointment can they drink anything?
Can they drink water or unsweetened tea? 12 hours is a long time with nothing to drink....

Juvenile Diabetes?
i am concerned that my son might have diabetes. He has an increase in thirst about 3X as much as before. increased urination, and you can tell he just isnt feeling well. Are these common signs and ...

How would you know u have diabeties?
ive been feeling kind of strange lately is it diabeties?...

Sugar level of blood increases is known as?
diabities mellitus
diabities insipidus
diabities imperfectus
diabities ...

Why do diabetics loose their vision?

How to reduce high blood pressure?
I'm worried about my sister!!! (Actually, she doesn't know I'm on Yahoo! Answers right now. Thank god she doesn't have a Yahoo account. -_-)
She's 15, overweight and has ...

I know bananas are rich in pottasium but what is potassium used for in the body?

Diabetes Blood sugar 3 hours after dinner near bed time?
Hi, I bought a blood sugar test kit after as I've been experiencing allot of the symptoms for diabetes, Im 23 also about 40 lbs overweight and Diabetes runs in the family. I tested my self 3 ...

What is the best kind of doctor to see to treat type 1 diabeates?

Dannis F
Are tangerines OK for diabetes?

Gordon P
Rating
One tangerine in fine. Their is enough fiber that one will not raise you insulin.

lilith984
Rating
Tangerines are very high in naturally occuring sugars, so if you are diabetic they should definitely be eaten in moderation. If your sugar levels are fairly well regulated, you could have half a tangerine and see how that effects your sugar levels. If your sugar levels are not well regulated (perhaps even with pills/injections), then no, you should not eat fruits high in sugar.

Huba
Yes, even though it has carbs, you still need some carbs. Just be sure to cut back on bread or pasta when you have one. Also, by staggering the time of day you have a snack like this, it can help you keep your glucose level in a modewrate range.

Kristy
In proper amounts yes but remember it will raise your blood sugar too.

sue
Rating
Tangerines are like oranges, they have loads of sugar in them. anything that is soft and sweet should be eaten with extreme care. They always raise glucose levels. The fiber is good but the sugar will still raise glucose levels.

mysticmommy
I am diabetic and my Dr says fruits should be aten as part of a meal or at least with something with protein. It has so much natural sugar that it will raise your blood sugar. Try eating half and then see how you feel, check your sugar.

JesusFreak23
type 1 or type 2? Type 1 can eat anything as long as you cover it with insulin, idk about type 2.

Hawkeye
Yes, ONE tangerine should be fine. It has fiber which plays a role in how food is processed in the digestive tract. FRUCTOSE(fruit sugar) has a much lower glycemic Index than sucrose(table sugar) Therefore it doesn't create that SPIKE in blood sugar you want to avoid.

Vincent Reagan
Hawkeye
:)
;)

pumpkin10311968
my doctor told me that tangerines are fine for me to eat as long as I eat it with one of my meals.

Cammie
Rating
People who have diabetes can eat every food on this planet.
If someone told you different, they don't have a clue.
Learn to count carbs and enjoy a moderate amount of fruit.2-3 1/2 cup servings.
Now if you are a very large person, you can eat more and a small child should eat less.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy