Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can diabetes skip a generation?
for the last 5 generations my family have developed unstable diabetes around the age of 50-55 years of age - which needs regular insulin. my mother and her sister and brother have not got it. can it ...

Where can i find a cute pouch to carry my diabetic kit in?
I have type 2 diabetes and i am sick of carrying around the plain old black case my meter came with... any ideas? I have a freestyle freedom lite kit......

I think I might be a diabetic. Can someone read this please?
Yes, I know I need to see a doctor and I will book an appt. asap. Until then, I would like some knowledge. First of all, I am NOT overweight. I am 35, 5.10" and a very normal weight. I had a ...

Why diabetes is increasing in these days?!!?
As you see the question .. most of the countries are faces this disease nowadays ... If you have any solution for this problem just share it with us... which means give us your pinion about it... <...

Do I have Diabetes?
Im between age 12-15 and Im always feeling tired I cant be active, Im always thirsty and I recently started to eat what ever. My friend has diabetes and Im afraid to tell my parents that i want to be ...

Do I have diabetes?
I have 5.1 blood sugar level I don't know I go to the toilet every 5mins it normaly happen in the mornng
Additional Details
when I go to the toilet it all ...

What is the guaranteed cure for type 1 diabetes?
If someone out there knows the answer. I too would like to know....

How can you treat diabetes?
A doctor told me that i'm sick of diabetes and he told me that i was going to die ...

I've been having dizzy/fainting spells, could i have diabetes?
i'm not dehydrated, it doesnt happen all the time, it doesnt happen when i stand up. (its happened while i was laying) it lasts for only a few seconds. i've been told that my face turns ...

I ate four pints of Ben and Jerry's today. Do I have diabetes now?

Can a diabetic have chips????????.........?
..... for college work - i had to do a 2day diet plan on 2 different people with dietary problems
i chose a diabetic and i have yet to chose a second dietary problem person
for the diabetic ...

My blood sugar has was 172 after i used my wifes tester i'm not diabetic should i be worried?
I had some iced tea before the test can i bring my level down?...

Doc just told me I was hypoglycemic. Said just to watch my diet--anything else i should be doing?
Should I keep track of my blood sugar? I tried the diet and its getting worse not better....

Weight gain while eating right?
does anyone know that maybe a doctor why i gain weight while eating friuts vegetables, and fiber foods i even watch the portion amount and still gained weight. i hace diabeties so the doctor weighted ...

Do i have diabetes?
im 14 and im worried i have diabetes , i started to notice a few months well maybe even more than that i have it because i got off the bus one time and i felt really dizzy and my vision was very ...

I am a diabetic and have not been eating sugar at all but I cant get my blood sugar below 300. what is wrong?

Alcohol problem?
what does it take to give up alcohol, my friend who drinks everyday says she does not have a problem, she sometimes drinks in the morning ! she has been diagnosed with Liver Calcification, dont ...

Diabetes question,?
Is it possible to get/have diabetes even though no one else in the family has it?
My age is 26 and i have never been diagnosed with it before, but I am currently exhibiting some of the symptoms.<...

Diabetes help. am i taking the right medicine?
i am 33 and was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. i take 500 mg of metaformin twice a day but i still fell awful . my blood sugar goes sky high then crashes. i also pee all the time, am constantly ...

Blood sugar testing etiquette?
What is good etiquette when checking blood sugar? I just received a meter and am curious to know whats considered socially acceptable. If I'm in a public place, such as at work, should testing ...

Mocha 1970
Are high blood pressure pills supposed to make you urinate?
Recently had a mild stroke&was also diagnosed with high blood pressure,but it seems like the things you enjoy eating are the things you're not supposed to have and now I am trying my best to eat healthier&drink more water UGH!

Harriet
No and just eat sensibly. Water is good for everyone. Adam's ale.

Holly R
HCTZ, which is a drug most often given for high blood pressure, definitely makes you urinate more. I know what you mean about the diet and water. I hate that part too, but it's really important to take care of it now so you don't have to have multiple medications down the road.

redflower
Rating
If you drink more water you will urinate more, what goes in must come out. It's like Archie Bunker once said, beer you can only rent it. Try squeezing some fresh lemon in your water.

Did your doctor give you a diuretic, (water pill) it might be a separate pill or in your blood pressure medication.

There are plenty of foods you can eat, try to stay away from processed foods, the closer to their natural state the better.

Maybe it's the salt your missing, I can relate to that. Experiment with different spices or combinations of spices, try Mrs. Dash, they have a lot of different combinations already mixed for you.

I hope this helps, feel better soon.

gangadharan_nair
Hypertension is sustained elevation of resting systolic BP (≥ 140 mm Hg), diastolic BP (≥ 90 mm Hg), or both. Hypertension with no known cause (primary; formerly, essential hypertension) is most common; hypertension with an identified cause (secondary hypertension) is usually due to a renal disorder. Usually, no symptoms develop unless hypertension is severe or long-standing. Diagnosis is by sphygmomanometry. Tests may be done to determine cause, assess damage, and identify other cardiovascular risk factors. Treatment involves lifestyle changes and drugs, including diuretics, β-blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, and Ca channel blockers.(Merck)
Diuretics are also administered along with other hypertensive drugs to reduce hypertension. Hypertensive patients are also advised to reduce sodium in the diet. Sodium helps the body to retain water in the body. Hence blood pressure pills make you urinate more.
Eat a low-cholesterol, low-fat diet. This kind of diet includes cottage cheese, fat-free milk, fish (not canned in oil), vegetables, poultry, egg whites, and polyunsaturated oils and margarines (corn, safflower, canola, and soybean oils). Avoid foods with excess fat in them such as meat (especially liver and fatty meat), egg yolks, whole milk, cream, butter, shortening, lard, pastries, cakes, cookies, gravy, peanut butter, chocolate, olives, potato chips, coconut, cheese (other than cottage cheese), coconut oil, palm oil, and fried foods.
Please see the web pages for more details on Hypertension.

Moody Red
Well girlfriend, there is a time in all of our lives that we need to start to be more healthy. Some tips: There are a lot of good low fat, sugar free, and low sodium foods available. I know, I utilize them and count calories and drink lots of water. My trick is to get a diet pepsi/coke and save the cup with the lid and the straw. I rinse it out fill it with ice cubes and water and sip on it all day. The cup is 24 oz, so it is easy to fill it twice. Not so much pain that way. If you change your lifestyle, and it can be done. You may find that you will like the substitute sugars better, they are sweeter. There are many products available so you won't feel deprived. Also yes, to the BP pills causing you to urinate more, this helps in lowering the blood pressure by riding your body of excess fluids. Good Luck to you.

Orchid
Rating
If you are taking a diuretic for your high blood pressure, that can make you urinate more. And if you are drinking more water, ... well, that also can make you urinate more.

Personally, I find a nice cup of tea also adds to the effect.

Keep at it. It is hardest at first. But you do get used to the diet eventually.

Sparkles
Rating
Yes, high blood pressure pills are usually a diuretic which means you will urinate more to keep the blood pressure down. The common name for the diuretic is Hydrochlorothiazide and is used to treat the accumilation of excess edema commonly known as water retention.

widebelts
Depends on the class of high blood pressure pills.
One of the classes known as diuretics can make u urinate more

frank_d22
Rating
sometiems high blood pressure pills will have potassium in them which can reduce blood pressure but potassium is a diuretic and it will make you pee like crazy. When I was juicing vegetables espeicaly celery I would be a lot. Later I found out htat celery has a lot of potassium and is a diuretic. You might also needs some sodium. I'm not doctor so don't take this to heart but sodium retains water. If you are drinking a lot of water but don't have any sodium in your body then it will just come out as quickly as it went in. I get dehydrated a lot so I have to eat sodium. I use celtic sea salt in some water and drink it. You could try some gatorade. But talk to your doc.

U.S.Veteran
Rating
There are actually some diuretics (water pills) that also work well with High Blood Pressure.

Just keep taking care of yourself and pay attention to your doctor and other healthcare staff.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy