Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Could I have Diabetes?
I have put on quite a bit of weight over the past 2 years. I am 5'4, 18 years old, and weigh 210 pounds. My father has Diabetes. I have been extremely thirsty for water the past week or so, and I...

I have diabetes and I eat the things i shouldn't, drink beer, and am addicted to sugar?
Every day I wake up and tell myself, I'm going to get a fresh start and start treating myself better and every day I slip up. How can I stop this vicious circle. I've been told that ...

Advice please?
My daughter has just been diagnosed diabetic shes 21 i want any advice what she can and cant eat ,ok i know nothing with sugar ,please help.Thankyou in advance....

What is the newest anti diabetic medicines?

Type 1 diabetics, pls help me with this question?
Have you ever taken too much insulin and had your heart race and your throat get halfway closed up, almost like anaphylactic shock?

I had a similiar reaction and I think it was from too ...

My doctor earlier wanted to confine me for highblood sugar--i tested at 310? should i go for it?
im not taking any diabetic ...

I'm about to get diabetes!??!?!!??!?
No one in my family's history has diabetes or ever got it in their lifetime, my doctor said my eating habits might get me diabetes, she said I'm on the borderline! What can I do to reduce ...

HELP I think i am diabetic+have extreme hunger ,no docs and no meds,what can i do?
what foods or suppliment can i take to reverse diabetes and the constant hunger ,my weakness has and i sweet creamy coffee through out the day,im reducing that to 1 cup per day this week(started)and ...

Daily i eat minimum 6 papad.is this affect my health?

Advice on glucose sugar levels?
My mom had a call back today from the doc asking to see her as her gluclose level is high what does this mean? she has suffered high blood pressure for years and is on medication.She is over weight ...

Can a type 2 diebetic drink orange/apple juice and if so what are the daily/weekly amounts recomended please?

What is a fast way to bring down you blood sugar level as a diabetic...other than insulin.?

Is a glucose level 106 mg/dl after only 4 hours (not 8) of fasting cause for concern?
Is a glucose level over 106 mg/dl after only 4 hours (not 8) of fasting cause for concern in someone who tested 91 mg/dl seven months earlier after fasting overnight (approximately 10 hours)? G...

Do I have diabetes?
Here's the poop.
For years now, I have been having severe reactions to eating....especially big meals...and especially after I've gone a while without eating.
What happens: I eat ...

Just checking, how high have you seen blood sugar go.?
My sister and I are type 1. A few years ago, she went into a coma and after initial tests, her blood sugar was 1300. She did survive but nobody at the hospital had ever seen sugar levels so high....

Diabetes meals?

Diabetes? low blood sugar? help!?
i am a 23 yr old, recently (since about jan. this year) i have started to feel funny around about 11-12 in the afternoons and 4-6ish in the evening. the times really vary but i more so notice the ...

They say a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down. Well Im not so sure...?
you see I have seven doses of medicine with each meal. Thats 21 spoons full of sugar. Surely this cant be right. Did Julie Andrews think about peoples health before singing such a dangerous song?...

How do I know if I have 'diabetes' ?
I'm 20-male. Actually, I don't really have anykind of symptoms but my grandfather had diabetes and so did my dad! So I'm just wondering what kind of tests should I get ? any info about ...

I have been eating close to zero carbs. My fasting score is still coming in at 110 . Is this normal?
My A1c is 6.7.I have been doing the atkins diet hard core. I have lost 30 pounds since Jan. I am still at 225 lbs (5-7"). I have been taken metafomin or glusafage about 80% of the time that I am ...

john e
Ants come to my urine. Does that mean my blood sugar could be high?

elbow dander
Rating
yes, and you have AIDS

Zeviel
sounds like you need to gets some ant killer and not to be such a tramp

SugarBabie
LOL! you have way too much time on your hands.

However, this used to be one way of diagnosing diabetes. The other way was to taste it and see if it was sweet. YUCK.

So the answer is yes, your blood sugar could be high.

Aren't you glad we have lab tests now?

PS. learn to aim better!

bebe
no,you can detect high bloodsugar thru urine.

Eliott W
Rating
No, your urine has leftovers your body need. The ants are attracted to the leftover minerals, the ammonia, and the salts.

Skywalker
Rating
Well golly Jethro, If y'all would clean the outhouse once in a while ya wouldn't have that problem.

Guess I can save a whole lot of money on test strips and blood sugar monitors. I can guess my blood sugar numbers by counting the number of ants that come to watch me piss.

Heart's in the 808
Could be...Have you been checked for Diabetes? One other thing how do you know this,that they come to your urine? Just Curious

sleepy but can't sleep
Rating
yeah it means call a ant exterminator

eatarock67
I've heard the saying...You can attract more bees with honey..But I've never heard you can attract more ants with piss

But Inside I'm Screaming
Maybe you pee honey......and ants are better than flies.

♥
Rating
Why are you peeing on ant hills? ;)

john h
w/or w/out drinking alcohol.

yenteramanda
Rating
yes that is usually what it means.this is a reasonable questions so ignore the rude comments they are making they have not taken a health care class so just ignore their comments the best thing you can do is talk to your doctor about solutions to this problem so you don't end up with diabetes

good luck
Good Health is always # 1

WaltMD
Rating
Yes, but the ant test is pretty nonspecific. Ants to urine was one of the things the doctors in ancient Greece commented on in those with diabetes.

If you sugar is elevated in your urine you can go down to the drug store and by urine test strips (around 22 bucks, still cheaper than the doctor) that will tell you if glucose is elevated in your urine.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1&Ntt=urine+glucose+testing

Hyperglycemia symptoms:
Increased thirst
Increased urination
Blurry vision

Reading for you:
http://www.freemd.com/Diabetes/symptoms.htm

heathsgirl
WHY are you peeing where there are ants? If you have ants, you are peeing somewhere other than the toilet. Ants eat anything.

Britt's Mom 03
sounds to me like you have a problem with ants

Kernel Mustard
Rating
I think it means you have WAY too much time on your hands.

abagtha_778
in the toilet bowl?

sic-
Rating
u cant aim right on the toilet or what?

dream
Do you have ants in your toilet or do you piss on the floor/ground?

health buff
It means you missed the toilet. Improve your aim and the ants will go away.

Bogie
they're piss ants. pee in one spot. then eat a donut and pee in another. see which spot attracts the most ants.

Mozz, incognito
Don't listen to them. It must've been hard to post this question, given the invitation to remarks like that. Yes, sugar in urine or blood will be detected. And by things far worse than ants... bacteria! Are you diabetic? Check your ketones. If you're not diabetic you wont know what that means. They're urine test strips available at drug stores (non-prescription). If you get a reading other than negative call your doctor. If you're newly diabetic they'll be through the roof... get to an ER!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy