Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Could I be Diabetic?
I eat a bite of a donut and i automatically felt like i was going to peuk. ( i am 14) And whenever i eat a really sweet food i feel sick. I am always thirsty and last night i weighed 116.00 and today ...

Where can I get sugar free sweets?
If anyone knows of any particularly nice ones (brand or shop names!) would be good, I really really want like chewy ones though, not hard boiled ones!
Additional Details
I ...

Are there likely to be any medical aftereffects from eating sweets and chocolat from childhood to adulthood o?

Please help me I'm terrified; Health question?
Hi, My cousin is 12 years old and when he was nine he was diagnosed with diabetes type 1.
He went very very thin at the time, he wet the bed and we thought he had cancer.
3 years on he isn&#...

The instep on my right foot is Purple and swollen .I am a diabetic, should I see a doctor? Need answer ASAP!?

What causes a person to keep losing potassium?
I keep having to take potassium because I keep losing it. What can cause this?...

Can low blood sugar cause strange leg weakness and cold sweat in legs, also shakiness?
When I late with food i.e. if I get up late, my legs feel strange like weak and with a cold sweat feeling. I also get a bit shakey and sigh alot. I've been tested for diabetes before, but this ...

My husbang was told over two yrs. ago that he has sugar not sure if he is type i or two, never took medicine.
how long would you give him to live....

What can help low blood sugar?
is there any thing i can eat or do to get it ...

Is it ture that a person must fast before they take the test to see if they're diabetic or not?
If so, how many hours? I hope, wish, & pray that I'm not diabetic. Is numbness a sign? I know I'm black & overweight, which are such factors. I'm so scared....

My son is newly diagnosed (2 weeks ago) and Im looking for any sites to help with any knowledge?
I am looking for reciepies, carb counting sheet, anything to help our family....

Do you think there will ever be a cure for diabetes?
or have they gotten lazy to finding one because they figure the invention of man made insulin will do ?...

How to minimize body odour? or eliminate it?

Diabetics on insulin, Please help?
I just found out today that I have type 1 diabetes. Now I have to give myself insulin shots. What is that like. I'm kinda scared.
Additional Details
Also anyone got any links to ...

My mother has diabetes. How can I help her change her eating habits?

How can I bring my good colosterol levels up?

Where can i find what is good for a borderline diabetic to eat?
my father is 65 years old and found out he is borderline diabetic. And we are trying to find out what foods are good for him to eat and what he should stay away ...

Hi. i want to ask if its possible for a diabetes type 2 person to have low blood sugar sometimes?
doctors diagnosis my mom as diabetes type 2. sometimes she gets low blood sugar, where she feels weak and dizzy. is that possible?...

High blood sugar readings?

If you can keep your blood sugar low by excercising and diet. Why do you need insulin?

Jonas Fan! That loves Kevin!!
Age of Diabetes Diagnosis?
At what age is it normal to be diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? is it unusual to be diagnosed in your 20's?

Gary B
Rating
There is no normal age, but 20 is a little bit late. Usually, the effects of having Type 1 diabetes show up long before this.

Type 1 Diabetes is USUALLY diagnosed before the age of 15.

sue
Most type 1 people are diagnosed as babies. But any age can be diagnosed with it.

Doctors look at people with white hair and immediately say type 2, but it isn't always so. There is a test they can do to check which type a person has. This is the C-Peptide test and it will say which a person has type 1, 1.5, or 2. but you must not be on insulin injections or it won't be a good testing, It will say you have sufficient insulin in system so are a type 2

Type 1.5 is those few rare individuals who are afflicted with both type 1 and type 2 at the same time.

lady.sansa
Rating
I think that's called a LODA diabetic... Late Onset Diabetes... something.

They say that's the best one to have....

loopy loo
Rating
type 1 is usually diagnosed from birth to teenager, type 2 is on the increase in overweight people, so if that is the case, then lose weight and it could go altogether

Zenab
Rating
Nothing is normal but noting is abnormal as well. as it is not a disease it is y=just a diabetic comndition

Kelly L
Rating
I was diagnosed when i was 12. I have friends that have had it since birth. And i know someone who got it when she was about 35 so no there is no normal.

tongueincheek
Rating
there is no normal age my daughter was 5.

christii
i got diagnosised at age 10
some people are born with it
it comes at any given time.

rebeca
Rating
Yes it is normal. I had a friend who got type 1 diabetes at age 25.

Cricket R
i know a guy who was 22 when he was dx'd, i was 6, and my buddy just got dx'd at 23.

juvenile diabetes isnt just for kids anymore, silly rabbit!

echoroxy01
Rating
i was diagnosed @28, as a type 1. i'm 5'2 and i dropped all the way down to 80 lbs. sometimes a sickness can make it come out. now that i'm on insulin i have got back to my normal weight 110lbs. my pancreas just shut down.kids get sick alot more, that is why children are more commonly diagnosed with it but it does happen. best of luck

Word Nerd
It is not typical but not unheard of.
A friend's wife was diagnosed with type 1 in her 20s.

Kipper to the CUP!
I was diagnosed at 17 with type 1 but I have a friend who was recently diagnosed at 24, and another friend whose had it since he was 9.. that's why it's known as type 1 more then juvenile as it's becoming more common in older age groups.

Anna
Rating
Type 1 diabetes is normally diagnosed in younger children (which is why some call it juvenile diabetes), but more and more older teens have been diagnosed as of late. It is uncommon, but possible, to be diagnosed in your early 20s.

dingding
It can happen from birth all the way up to early 30's...but most I've heard have been diagnosed between about 8 and 14. I was 16. It's less common to get it in your 20's, but certainly you have plenty of company. The advantage is that you're more mature and are better able to absorb all the complicated information, plus you have a head start in age, so any complications would be further off.

And Sue, most Type 1's are not diagnosed at birth, far from it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy