Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How do I tell that I have diabetis without any medical tests?

Husband is daiabetic and in great shape he has had low blood sugar &signs of a mini stroke. Is a matter time?
He is in great shape hes 55 years old whats the chances of him having a massive stroke I am very afaid right ...

I am diabetic and have one of my foot peeling. What can i do?

Is there a proven cure for diabetes?

Why do people think all diabetics are the same, and weight is always the issue.?
I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age of 50, very healthy and the most my weight has ever been (including pregnancy) is 130lbs....

Can diabetes type 2 be reversed???????
I think I have diabetes. I have to go the bathroom 5 times during the night to urinate. My feet tingle and I feel tired all the time. I don't have other signs like vomiting, extreme thirst or ...

Is honey bad for diabetes?

Diabetes medication, Metformin is this stopping me from conceiving?
I'm a type 2 diabetic, on metformin & insulin at night my sugars are always running very high & have been advised not to get preganant at this time untill my diabeties is well controlled....

What is better for diabetics, normal sugar or artificial sugar?

Is water of any help in reducing/controlling blood sugar?
my uncle is diabetic for the last 25 years..he's been taking insulin injections for the last 4-5 years. he's having some unavoidable family tensions. his age is 66 yrs. from the last 4 days ...

Diabetics need to check their feet?
I always hear that, so I do.... but exactly what am I looking for? I've seen pictures of those nasty diabetic foot ulcers, but I am sure they just don't pop up on your foot overnight....

Does anyone have problems with metformin?
just got raised to 1000 one in morning one at ...

Why are diabetics only supposed to have 3 portions of fruit & veg a day?
The rest of the world is supposed to have 5 portions of fruit and veg a day for obvious reasons and I usually have more than that. But I read in another question's answer that diabetics should ...

I am 40 yrs old and recently diagnosised as diabetic. How can I keep my self physically and mentally fit .?

Coffee anyone??
Anyone wanna try this coffee.Mainly for ppl who has higblood pressure or one down with diabetes.Even children can sip this coffee.No age limit.
Additional Details
My aunty from S...

What is a diabectic coma? is it gd or bad?
turns out my nan went into a diabectic coma? she is 90 years old?
is this a bad thing?? help
need some advice...
bit worried now.......

My family has a history of diabetes but I love eating ice cream and chocolates?
Is there anything that I can do so I can still continue eating sweets?...

My mom's boyfriend is,,,?
in the hospitol right now,and he has diabetes and his legs are BAD!,they are purple from the knees down (which I know is due to bad circulation also) but his leg is infected,I don't know much ...

So...how is everyone's blood sugar this morning?
Mine is 119.

Right on target. I love this new pump...my sugars (except for one mishap) have been terrific since I got it.

Is everyone else doing good? Ready for the weekend? <...

How can you cure swollen feet?
Anybody know a remedy for swollen feet due to ...

Talk Dirty to Me =P
About how long do diabetics live after being diagnosed?
im not diabetic but im just curious

ann_nuhgee
diabetes is a disease you can live with for the rest of your life. It does however require life changes, you have to dramatically change your diet and make sure you monitor your blood sugar levels. If you don't take care of yourself you will get sick. My father died of kidney failure as a result of diabetes, he didn't follow his diet the way he should have and insisted on eating those sugary, fatty foods he grew up with. Also, anyone can develop diabetes, its not something you have to be born with, those who are overweight and don't eat healthy are at a greater risk of developing diabetes.

nanny
Diabetics can live fairly normal and healthy lives as long as they take care of their diabetes. It's not a death sentence as long it's properly addressed and cared for. And the severity of the problem depends on of it's type I or type II (type I is the kind you're "born" with, type II is developed usually in adulthood as a result of poor diet, etc.).

Question
which type? one or two?
type two-
It depends on how well the take care of themselves.
it's very important to watch their diet and exercise. they must also check their feet everyday to look for cuts bc they do not have very good circulation and wounds on the legs and feet do not heal well.
if the diabetic takes care of themselves they can live a long time.

kimbathewhitelion02
Rating
if they look after themselves and have good hba1c's - the same as a person without diabetes. If they don't take good care of themselves well, there are a lot of things that could happen.....they could go so low that they go into a coma, fit and die or they could go that high that they get ketoacidosis which is very dangerous and possibly lifethreatening. Also, the higher your readings are the more damage to your body, risks of damage to all the major organs of your body plus eyesight, nerve damage, possible amputation of extremeties

scragatag
Just as long as others as long as they respect the fact they have a problem and look after themselves.

mattgo64
Depends. I'm almost 34 and was diagnosed when I was 10. No major complications yet, either.

turtle3fish
Rating
It's up to you . Are you willing to make healthy choices?

sue
I have had diagnosis of diabetes for 10 years now and intend to live long enough to see my great grandchildren grow up!! My oldest granddaughter is 18 this year and is nursing student! No boyfriend! So it will be a while before I even have great grands!!

It is very important to maintain as near normal glucose levels as possible for long life with no complications from other diseases!

Marlieke89
Rating
they don't have a limited time left after being diagnosed. they can become as old as healthy people

jerzeeboy305
Rating
It depends. Usually if you take care of yourself and live a "healthy" lifestyle you can live a normal life. I know what's normal.. <LMAO>

Christine H
Rating
Diabetics can go on to live a long and full life. The important part is their management of the disease. Diabetics need to make some significant changes to their diet and lifestyle. If they are committed to making these changes, then they can be healthy enough to live life fully.

Deleted one
Most live just as long as an Average person, the ones that do not do not take their meds or do something else wrong to die early

lisab
They can lead a normal life pretty much. Diabetes can be control mostly thru diet, exercise and medication. The only bad thing is they are more likely to get infections that need to be look at so they don't get gangrene or have to have anything amputated do to poor circulation.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy