Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Diabetes lifestyle changes plz oh plz help me?
i was just diagnosed with diabetes what are some lifestyle changes i will have to make?...

I'm applied for Social Security they are sending me to a Mental doctor any idea's on what to say? Thanks
I applied because I had Diabetes for 30 years and Nuropaty. sorry I can't spell....

My friend is diabetic help.?
wheni bug her to check her sugar and take insulin and stuff she gets really testy with me what should i do. also she will eat sugar and stuff and when her mom asks her to take insulin she doesnt. ...

Why is it dangerous to open a refrigirator?

Low blood sugar - how do you know?
how would you find out if you have low blood sugar?
i experience sickness in the morning as if i haven't eaten for days & as soon as i eat something it goes away. i have constant ...

If an adult has a reading of 500 doesnt that say they have diabetes?

What is cellulose? Is it sugar? I can't have sugar.?
Is it a Carbohydrates? Serious reply one please. I really want to know. Thank you!...

What soft drink is okay for diabetics?
diet soda okay for daily use in diabetics?...

Symptoms of diabetics???
is it true that if u have diabetes... the urine will attract ants???...

Is there anything to help neuropathy ?

Is diabetus people can drink alcohol drinks,if so how much?

Diabetics.... or those of you who know about diabetes...?
Is there a generic brand for Humalog (the short acting Lilly insulin)?...

Is there any other natural sweeteners besides honey & stevia & raw cane sugar, molasses, maple syrup, etc?

What is the name of the most effective treatment for Diabetes, and who makes it?
or what is the most promising treatment for Diabetes that will come on the market in the near future?...

My dad is a diabetic and he is afraid to eat his sugar level is going crazy?
at 5:30 his sugar level was 168, has not ate anything yet. now he eats some low fat yogert and some toast test his suger level agine and shot up to 268. He takes his insiline and drops all the way ...

What's wrong with me....?
I went to my doc a couple of wks ago. I have had these symptoms for months. They are: increased thirst, urination and hunger. Dry mouth, light-headed, abdominal pain whenever I eat or drink ...

Diabetes and Drug Test?
I am currently on insulin and a pill for my diabetes and will have to take a drug test for a new job. I don't do drugs etc. will these diabetic medications interfere with anything? Does it ...

My mother is having daibetis last 30 years. now a day she is having Burning Sensation in whole Body.?
My mother is having daibetis last 30 years. now a day she is having Burning Sensation in whole Body.pl. give us any medicines so that their is stop Burning sensation to whole Body. Because she can...

A menu for a Diabetic Person?
I need a menu for a diabetic person. It must include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks....

Why do I get so dizzy? Low blood sugar?
I think I have low blood sugar. I have a history of dizzyness and once I even passed out when i stood up in the morning. Sometimes I get out of bed and almost fall over on my way to the bathroom. I ...

sayersy
10 year old boy may get an insulin pump?
My 10 year old son has well-managed type 1 diabetes, and the doctor has suggested he may benefit from a pump. Has anyone had any experience with a pump on a child of this age? All comments welcome.

iluvreymysterio_619
I got the insulin pump when i was 11. Its so much easier then shots. Today im getting the OmniPod and i can't wait. The OmniPod is a small device with no wires, and you get a small "remote" controller to give insulin and stuff. I would really suggest the pump!! Its amazing....I got diabetes three years ago....ON my tenth birthday!!!!! what a present that was!!.....lol

Katrina H
my daughter Aly is 4 yrs old and on the insulin pump. She has been on the pump since 12/2007. I absolutely love it and she likes it as well. I absolutely agree with his going on the pump!!

TelSurrey
Rating
Can I suggest you visit this site: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/jackiejacombs/

It;s by the mum of a child using an insulin pump and she runs a very well regarded email support network for parents with children using pumps or who may get them. I'm sure they'd be really happy to offer first-hand experience of the pros and cons.

I get the impression most view the pump as a very positive step.

Tashiexox
i am 14. my doctor suggested an insulin pump for me when I was 12. If your son plays alot of sport, an insulin pump is a bit of a pain. he would have to take it off if he does swimming. Personally, I wouldn't get one. If he has well managed diabetes then i don't think he should be forced into having one, if he can manage with his syringes or insulin pen, then he should be fine without a pump. In the end, he would be the one wearing it, so let him have input in the final decision.

Kate M
Rating
yes I agree I hate the idea of a pump something always attached to me . I do very well on mdis . of course I have had diabetes for awhile . but dont like the pump at all and the cost is quite high and if you have insurance they could always turn you down . good luck .

Katie K
Rating
It mite be easier if u got him an OmniPod

donotbuyakia
Rating
Pumps make life with diabetes much easier, but they are a major undertaking. You need to have an extensive understanding of diabetes to be able to operate one. If you put a child his age on a pump, you are actually going on the pump, because he is not going to be able to comprehend everything he needs to know to make it work. Although he will be able to make it run, I doubt that he will be able to figure out what to do when something malfunctions. It also ties you to him. Teachers and school nurses (alot of which aren't nurses, but health techs, which means they have no medical training) are not knowledgable in a pump's functioning, so he could run into trouble really fast. I know that the mother of the 4 year old girl said her daughter loves it, but a child that age has no concept of what it even is. What she should have said is that she (mom) loves it. I have been on a pump for 26 years, and credit it to saving my life. I am a big fan of pumps, but only when the diabetic can handle the pump on their own. I just don't see a ten year old being able to do that. If he is well controlled on shots, I'd continue with the shots until he needs something more.

Cammie
My daughter has had the pump since about that age and loves it. She is 18 now .
It is a difficult undertaking but after everyone gets a handle on it, the pump is the best way to go for many people.
Good luck

MamaSmurf
Rating
It can mean the end to a lot of problems and reduce the amount of injections. However, it can present a whole new batch of problems itself.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy