Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Is it good to take a cold shower when you have a fever?
it feels good, but is it good FOR you?...

Can you please tell me what is wrong with me?
I've been having cramping pain in my side,stomach,and butt....

How to soothe a burn?
Today I burnt my finger on an elctric frying pan probably 2 -3 hours from now. I ran it under cold water and put a bandaid on it. Now a big blister has developed it's really long and kind of a ...

Ok, I Have 3 Really Shallow Scrapes On My Face. Will They Be Healed By School Starts(3 Days)?
Ok, They Are Really Shallow. And I Want To Make A Good Impression Cause I Really Like This Guy And I Don't Want To Look Ugly For The First Day. Please Help Me. Is There Anything That I Can Do To ...

I have a splinter...?
up under the side edge of my thumbnail. I've tried getting it out with tweezers but it's impossible to reach and my thumb is really sore. Will it eventually work itself out where I can get ...

How do I stop being bitten by mozzys?
Without having to payout for spray, is there a natural way to keep um away?
Additional Details
Wow thanks everyone who answered, without actualy answering, why bother? go answer somthing ...

How many eyes has a spider got?

Do most people sit or stand when wiping their A** after a bowel movement?

My friend has pain in his kidneys after heavy drinking (he is alcoholic) but he is afraid to see a doctor...?
He seems concerned and mentions the pain quite often. Maybe he is afraid that the doctor will find something bad? What would you do to help your friend?...

I have sore throat, fever, and cough, what do you think is the problem?

What helps a sprained ankle??Besides Ice?

Any remedy for a clogged ear after the beach?
I just came back from the beach/pool and have a clogged ear. Anyone has a good home remedy for this?...

My son swallowed a small battery?
I don't know why he even had it in his month, but my son swallowed a small button-type, watch battery about the size of a nickel. He is with my husband, still waiting to be seen in the ER . He ...

How does one cure insomnia without pills?!?

Are you an organ donor?

What is good to put on a burn?
I put a relaxer in my hair and it stayed in too long so my scalp is burned and some of my hair is stuck to my head....

I just had stitches in my face how do i know if they need to be taken out or dissolve, can i tell?

Additional Details
i was under and the i didn't see the doc....

How many women loved to have their feet massaged?

Quitting Smoking Cold Turkey!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!?
Just smoked my last one today. This is hard. Aside from telling me to just give up on the cold turkey and using nicotine supplements to stop smoking, can anyone give me any advice? Best ways to ...

Cocaine prob?
My "friend" snorted cocaine lastnight and now her nose hurts. She look inside her nostrils at that inner wall and there are holes. Not complete holes but cold sore, ulcer looking things. &...

brittany star
I have a healing deep cut, what can i do?
about 2 weeks ago i cut my calf on my stupid computer chair. anyways it was really deep and nasty. well part of it has healed and about 2 inches of it looks like its gonna leave a nice big fat ugly scar. what can i do to make it not scar/less noticable? i have been putting neosporin on it everyday but i doesnt seem to be doing anything. ahhh its ugly! HELP!

beaniebabez
i would say biooil...ive heard its the best thing.

â–ºCoconut Butterâ—„
Rating
keep it very moist.
I suggest petroleum jelly and keep a bandage on it until it is completely healed.

PepsiLime
Ask your dr. not us.

delreena r
bio oil

cici
Rating
i have a big scar from when i was three. the longer you have it the less noticeable it gets.

nacasimie
Rating
try appling preasure with neosporin

always b natural
You can buy a lotion at the drug store that helps fade scars. I am sure you will have to wait until it is totally healed. Just ask your pharmacist for some help

kaitlin.< 3
Rating
Put cocoa butter on it.

Mrs. CT
Sounds like you needed stitches. If it is still open and hasn't scabbed too bad. (most likely it has, 2 week old cut and all) I would make an app. with your Dr. or go to a walk in clinic and have them stitch it, if they can or get a professional's opinion on it. I would invest the dough even if I thought I couldn't swing a Dr.'s bill, If you truly can't swing the dough...keep it clean, cover it when wearing clothes and showering, uncover it as often as possible when you are at home to let it "breathe" helps with healing process. Keep antibiotic ointment on it. When it has completely healed use a scar reducing cream to reduce the appearance of the scar. Mederma works well. You can go to www.mederma.com and download a coupon for it. DO NOT PICK AT IT, picking will only make it worse. If it gets infected or does not seem to be healing you better get your butt to a Dr. and fast....no matter what your financial situation.

impurrfect10
Rating
I have seen special creams and lotions as well as special bandaids that claim to reduce scarring. I can't say that they work because I have never used them. You are doing the right thing by keeping your wound clean and dry. GL

Subway Super Bowl 2009
Disgusting.. Have fun!

~Ronda~
Ok first of all you CAN NOT go and get stitches at this point whoever said that has no idea about the medical world apparently lol. You can't get stitches past about 8 hours after incident has happened. Your skin has already started it's healing process and will not bond to each other any longer. You only have that 8 hour gap. As for scars you will surely have one if it was meant to have stitches. There are plenty of creams though that lighten scars, but if you go tanning it will be noticeable. Neosporin is great for the infection but now being it is almost 2 weeks I would lay off putting that on there. Unless it is still open. But if you keep a cut of any kind wet all the time it won't heal. Sorry to say hon you will most likely have a scar but the good thing is they do have things to shrink it or less noticeable. Good Luck to you!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy