Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

White spot on my throat!??
Well its like.right above my tonsil. not on my tonsil. and it burns. and its all red around it. its been there a few days now. what could it be??
Additional Details

Throbbing toothache!!?
i have really bad toothache and can't get an appointment at the dentist until next week. what can i do to relieve the pain? it keeps me awake most of the night and is driving me mad.please help....

Is going to the dentist really that bad and scary???

How do i get my enamel back in my teeth?
I've used so many whitestrips already that my teeth look transparente! Is there any toothpaste, mouthwash, or treatment I can use?...

My dad said i might need a brace, what do you think? (pic included)?
http://www.ag.state.oh.u
They look fine to ...

What happens if I use a whole box of crest white strips at one time?

Additional Details
I meant if i kept putting the strips on one after another not all of them on my teeth at one time....

Do listerine whitening strips really work?
They are pretty expensive so I only want to pay money for them if they really do whiten. DO THEY REALLY NOTICEABLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH IN 2 WEEKS AS THE BOX STATES? thanks in advance!...

When getting your wisdom teeth removed, do you have to go under Anesthesia or can they give you somthing else?
I'm a smoker and I'm afraid of what might happen.
I don't want to tell them im smoker because then my parents might find ...

What can i do for a toothache painkillers aint workin!!!!?

I cant afford to go to the dentist how do i get rid of a tooth pain?

What will my dentist do if I have impacted wisdom teeth and no dental coverage till next year?
I am in a lot of pain. One of my impacted wisdom teeth is trying to erupt. My dental insurance will not cover anything until May of next year.

I am having a sharp, shooting pain in my head ...

Are firm brissles on your toothbrush good for your gums?

Anyone had 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once?
my dentist wants to pull all 4 at the same time while me being asleep... and alot of people are telling me not to have all 4 done at once...im so tired of them b.c they are messing with my tmj and ...

Do you find hot dentists attractive ??
ok , i have like the cutest dentist ever. i do not know if he has a wedding ring , but i figure if i like him a lot. he will not think that.
i have always been scared to talk to him and ask ...

What's the right sequence for flossing, brushing and mouthwash?
I'm wondering if there's a right or proper sequence for using dental floss, toothbrushing and using the mouthwash to get the most of them? Thanks!...

An awful taste at the back of my throat and in my mouth?? how can i ge trid of this?
after a few beers on a saturday and sunday for the next 3-4 days i have a horrible taste in my mouth, what causes this and how do you get rid of this??...

How do i sharpen my canine teeth?
i want them to be more ...

What's wrong with my mouth?
My lips and the area around my mouth has been drying up for the past three days. It seems chafed and cracked and my entire mouth hurts and is almost numb with pain - i've tried lip balm, canola ...

Braces-do u have to pull your teeth out??/?
my dentist said that i have go to the orthodontist and get braces.
i m only 12 and my teeth are really crooked. my sister even calls me a vampire. i asked my friends (who has braces..) and they ...

Is the dentist reccommending unnecessary treatments?
I haven't been to the dentist in about 9 years (out of fear from the last visit). I reccently went and am being recommended to receive a debridement. When he showed me the x-rays, however, I ...

yellowgirl281
Wisdom teeth pulling?
Ok I have a dentist appt tomarrow. I already know that I have to get my 2 wisdom teeth pulled. Which I am scared to death. But when they numb your gums before they give you the shot. Can you feel the needle? also for you all out there who already got your wisdom teeth pulled how did you all do it?

Italian Soccer God
i havent but i hear that the needle for the numbing stuff hurts, more like a sharp pinch. then you shouldnt feel anything. o ya the frezze lasts awhile

Ashley
Well mine haven't come through yet, but I still have to get them surgically removed on August 3rd. But best of luck!

Brandi
Rating
Just a couple of months ago I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. The first couple of shots I could feel just a little stinging but after that I really didnt feel much. They gave me 8 shots all together. I was awake for the whole thing. Everythign will be fine I was eating normal (carefully) after about 5 days. Just make sure you swish with salt water a couple times a day to heel faster. And dont eat anythign with seeds. Also dont swish too hard you dont want to get dry socket.

Brileigh
when I got my wisdom teeth out, they put me to sleep...so I didn't feel anything until afterwards...I'm sure your doctor would be willing to answer any questions you have...

donnaishere2001
The actual extraction is nothing. You won't feel anything. But you will HEAR it. You will hear the chipping and a funny squeaky noise. But truly won't feel anything... until AFTER the novocaine wears off. Then you will be in great pain, unless you take something. Your dentist will most likely give you a course of antibiotics to take to prevent infection. Be sure and finish the entire course of this medication. But for the pain... He will most likely give you a few Tylenol with Codeine tablets. Save these for bedtime. The codeine will knock you out. During the day, Excedrin Migraine will do a spectacular job of managing the pain. I had one tooth pulled. My other wisdom teeth only show up on X-rays. You will have to take a day or two off work.

amystockard
I had all 4 of mine pulled at one time and I was put under to have it done and had an iv. I dint feel a thing until I woke up of course. Sometimes they just numb the area and other times they put you under, it just depends on the dentist and the situation. good Luck!

Ben Benjamin Benny
Didn't got mine wisdom teeth pulled, but don't take full narcosis. Some guy of my class had a green-yellow cheeck all week because of his wisdom teeth were pulled. The other guy I knew which had this, he had pain for 3 weeks, so good luck, don't worry about the operation, rather worry about all the ice cream you will be eating to avoid a bum and alot of pain.

davelennv
Rating
Tell the dentist that you want the area numbed before giving you the shot, to numb the area.
You will not be able to feel the needle but when the medicine actually goes in, you will feel it for a few seconds, it does burn but stops in 1-2 seconds.
There is nothing to fear though.
Ask the dentist, in fact you can call tonight, and ask for something to calm your nerves.
Lastly, ask if they can use nitrous oxide during your procedure as well.

non o u biznis
They will numb your gums some, but considering where they are, way back there, you will probably feel some discomfort. Make sure they numb you good. My wisdom teeth are all in and okay. My husband had his removed. It will be sore when the novacaine wears off. But, hopefully they will give you Tylenol3, or some thing for pain. Unless they are cutting them out, then they will put you to sleep for a while. You'll be fine. It will be better when they are out, I am sure. Good luck.

nim
i have pulled out my one wisdom tooth.dont worry u will not feel pain ....coz they will give injection to decrease ur pain and u will not feel pain.
but dont worry they will do xray of ur tooth in doubt and if teeth is not align.yeah dont be panic its easy to pull ouy ur teeth

â™ 
Rating
I'm going to get mine pulled soon. I've had alot of teeth pulled before though. You do feel the needle but it doesn't seem to hurt as much as in your skin. I do know that if your wisdom teeth have grown in fully, they are wrapped around your jawbone, hence the bruising (you will be spitting up pieces of your jawbone). Sorry to tell you but true. You might be drugged up and out of it the whole time though, it's a bonus :).

christine_
Rating
First of all, it's not so bad.

I had 4 taken out at once. I could feel the needle but it wasn't too bad. It depends on your dentist and the spot where he/she injects it. Once that's done you won't feel much or anything.

Don't be scared...I thought the worst part was the day after when my jaw was really sore from being open so long. Good luck. :)

Khelben
Rating
I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled on Friday as a matter of fact. They put me under general anesthesia so I didn't feel a thing, they stuck a needle in my my vein for IV so that kind of hurt. Yes the initial injection will hurt but it's the problems post op that are the worst. I basically had pieces of gauze stuck in my mouth for hours because basically you just have big bleeding holes in your mouth once they get removed. It's not bad after the first day you just have to get through the constant bleeding.

jen
I had all 4 pulled @ once. . .they knocked me out so I didn't feel a thing and they give you a lot of drugs after. You'll be fine.

Greenie
Yes, you will feel the needle. It's not pleasant, but you won't die from it either. The numbing is m-u-c-h more unpleasant for upper teeth than lower teeth. Once you are properly numbed-up, you shouldn't feel any pain at all during the extractions. Once the xylocaine wears off, however, you are in for more unpleasantness. You should get a prescription for Vicodin from the dentist before you leave. Use it for the rest of the day, asnd probably the second day. After that, tylenol is usually sufficient.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy