Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I brush my teeth 3 times a day, and I got a freakin cavity! How?
I dont even eat an excessive amount of sugar. I brush thouroly (i cant spell). My dentist was "proud" of me, and my mom cant believe it either. Why do the most innocent people get the bad ...

Best thing to do for a toochache?

How to get rid of bad breath?!?
i brush my teeth an toung everyday my teeth have no holes i eat fairly okay i dunno it doesnt go away what can i do that lasts a little longer than a mint?
Additional Details
*and , just ...

Are wisdom teeth removed under local or general anasthetic?
Do they knock patients out totally or just numb the mouth when removing wisdom teeth?...

How to whiten Teeth?
how do you whiten teeth really easy when you have braces. No retarded answers ...

With all the technology these days.. How come...?
How come we have the best technology, best military, can send a man to the moon, but we still have cavities and toothaches are so painful?...

Should my 3 year old get a root canal?
My son had some trauma to his two front teeth. They are discolored (bruising) and the dentist said that if they are in danger of "dying" a root canal may be able to salvage them. Of ...

Hey guys I am getting braces for two years and they cost 5000$?

What is stronger, dihydracodiene or co-codamol, I've got bad toothache?

How many teeth should an adult have?
talk about ...

Anyone had root canal done? does it hurt? if so how long does the pain last?

I have a small cavity, anything I can do to cure it?
Other than going to the dentist, anything I can do to cure it?...

I suffer from panic attacks.. what can i do to be able to get dental work done?
I haven't been to the dentist in years because of this problem. I need help! I'm embarrased by my teeth. Can i just be put to sleep or something?
I would like to smile again....

Hurry! can you give my examples of how the shot feels for a cavity?????
i have to go to the dentist today for a cavity. and i am SO nervous bout the shot part....... i want to know how it feels... please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Any connection of Wisdom tooth with wisdom or intelligence?
i am 23 male i am getting 2 new wisdom teeth deep in the end of existing one's. does there any connection of wisodm with that. I heared that after that time your brain growth stop etc. can ...

Why do some people grind their teeth when they sleep and what can be done to stop it?

What's better: invisalign or metal braces?

What kind of gum is the best?
Which kind of gum last the longest but also helps your teeth?...

Which is better electric or manual toothbrush?

Is it safe to rinse your mouth with peroxide every morning?
That really whitens the teeth, but I'm concerned whether it is safe or not....

brandilicious
Will your face sink in if you have 2 teeth pulled on one side?
I had a tooth pulled on my right side several years ago and now I need another one pulled rght by that gap. Will this affect my mouth or appearance in any way. I am 29 years old if that makes any difference.

Michelle - Dental Hygienist, USA
you will get what is called 'bite collapse'. your teeth will move and shift around.

http://www.lifecore.com/Home/patient_info8.asp

as for your face 'sinking in', it could.

you're only 29. PLEASE take better care of your teeth.

cle_0109
It shouldn't. Your jaw is what is holding your mouth like it is.

spongebobrogers
Rating
If you take steps to replace the lost teeth you will have less bone less bone loss and less facial changes. Partial, implant, bridge, something. Since you are young it will not immediately start showing, but after 3-5 years if the space is not replaced it could begin to show. Best to replace it after 8 weeks of healing or immediately following extraction for implants.

naughty~babe
Rating
don't worry it doesn't make a whole lotta difference BTW ppl like u 4 who u r!!!!

oTTo
No, your gums and skull are still there

bookish
No. I have a similar situation, and even though I was told my teeth would "spread" to fill the gap, it's many years later and that hasn't happened, nor is my mouth or face affected in any way.

Hillary B
Probably not, but if you're worried, you can get a partial

mr. y
ive got a couple pulled and its been years and no my face hasnt sunk,lol.your paranoid.

☆Mrs. Rockstar☆
Rating
haha......no silly, that doesnt happen!

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
A COUPLE OF TEETH WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHEREAS A FULL MOUTH EXTRACTION WOULD, AS IN DENTURES.

Danelle
Lol, no it wont. I've had all 4 of my wisdom teeth cut out on the top.

Loving Life
Rating
yup

Mischele, RN♥
No, it won't. You'll be fine.

Dr. Dave
Rating
This will affect your mouth and may have an affect on your appearance also. When teeth are extracted, the bone that holds the teeth in place no longer has a purpose or value, thus
jawbone (upper maxilla or lower mandible) will deteriorate and receed.

If you want a good example of this, ask someone who wears dentures to take them out and have them bite down. Their face will look caved in and wrinkled. It doesn't matter if they are 20 or 60 years of age, the effect is the same.

Now granted, two teeth are not all of your teeth but it sets the ball in motion. The best thing to do is have your remaining teeth along with your gum and bone brought up to optimum dental health and then have the missing teeth replaced.

This will put back full function and stop the domino effect of missing teeth. It will also stabilize the bone so that you won't have any cave in appearance due to the progressive recession of bone about the missing teeth.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy