Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

It really hurts....!!!!?
I am getting my 4 wisdom teeth all at once! my whole mouth feels like it is breaking!! I have 2 sides out on the bottom two and the top two are trying to break down. My whole head and gums and even ...

Is my root canal going to be painful?
I asked my dentist this and he said no. But thats what they told me when I had my wisdom tooth removed and I was in pain for 3 weeks!!! The worst pain in my life. It was botched thats why. Can ...

Crown has come off back tooth?
I have lost a tooth - it is a double back tooth and was crowned many years ago after having a root filling. - I now have lots of 'pink' stringy bits which appear to be coming out of the ...

Tooth problems?
my back tooth on the left really hurts wen i eat wot cud it be i cant really go to dentist cos its so expensvie is there anything else i can do?...

Have you ever been visited by the tooth fairy?

Anybody know what is the best way to fight cavities???
any like toothpastes or toothbrushes??? please help!!!...

What kind of Toothpaste is better Crest or Colgate ?

What's the worst part of getting braces on?
I'm going to get braces on in January and I wanted to know what the worst part of getting them on was. How long does it take to actually get them on? I heard the worst part wasn't the pain, ...

Cracked or chipped tooth?
so i have this tooth that has a little crack on the front. its kinda flaky, so if i were to pick at it (which i havent) part of it will come off . it doesnt hurt wat so ever. it is very hard to ...

Going to have my first filling in two weeks time....?
Hey everyone =] I'm 16 years old.....and...

Um, I am going to have my first filling in two weeks time, & I have no clue how it will go...

I know you have to have an ...

What are some home remedies for a toothache?
I have a dentist appointment in the morning, but the pain is excruciating, tonight. Please help!...

Why does smoking make your teeth go yellow?

Why has teeth a shade of yellow? Is it a nutrient deficiency?

Braces ???
Well I'm in 8th grade and getting braces on December 4th. It's still a pretty long time, bt I can't wait and I'm really excited. So, I'm just wondering about any information ...

Is it any harm to health if you accidentally fall asleep with crest white strips on?
i fell asleep last night with crest white strips on, and i woke up with a sore throat and nothing on my teeth. is it any harm to your health to swallow crest white strips?...

Bad Breath Questions?????
My teeth are sparkling white and I use mouth wash every day before school, but by the time I'm at school my breath is ack! Any helpful info?? Please help!!!!!!!!!!...

How can I get rid of this toothache?
I had 2 top teeth filled 4 weeks ago and immediately started to have toothache. The pain radiates all over the left side of my face, into my head and eyes and into all other teeth on the left side. T...

Would you be concerned?
I got my wisodom teeth out on Tuesday, I went o a concert last night and kissed a girl a bit with my tounge, not crazy bu a occassionally. I was spitting blood this morning, I guess from the teeth. S...

Do fixed braces hurt ?
I'm getting fixed braces (train-tracks) tomorrow and I was just wondering if it hurts when they tighten the wire. Help I'm really worried =(...

I think i need braces, my mom doesnt!
this is what my teeth look like:
http://i291.photobucket. http://i291.photobucket. ...

Tom Foolery
Why would someone just suddenly stop brushing their teeth?
My sister moved in with me about 3 years ago, she's always been a very clean person and very hygenically concious.
She has completely stopped brushing her teeth, we share a bathroom in my apartment, her toothbrush hasn't moved off the side of the sink in over a month, her toothpaste hasn't been used and hans't moved from it's place in the cabinet. I haven't said anything to her about it, I'm curious to see just how long she'll go before brushing.
Additional Details
There's no guess work! Her breath stinks, her teeth are turning color, you can actually see the plaque on her front teeth when she talks to you or smiles, and she's a smiley girl too, always smiling.

theofficefan47
Rating
...is she a robot?

ageless
Rating
Could she possibly have a toothbrush and paste in a purse and taking care of her oral hygiene once she's at work or school. Eliminate the guess work just ask her.

?
Rating
OK just go to the store and get identical types of toothbrushes and bring them home one day and be like, "hey, I bought us new toothbrushes" (buy those colgate 360 or something cool like that) and just tell her you thought they looked cool and wanted to try them. Then see if she uses it. Go from there. If she still doesn't brush her teeth, then you need to be a sis and just blurt it out:'What;s up with you not brushing ur teeth??"

Sometimes ppl need a good nudge b4 they realize they ned to change habits..........

mrjackson206
Maybe she just doesnt want to anymore, or theres a reason for her not brushing her teeth such as her teeth being sensitive to cold water, or she might have sensitive gums.

browneyedprincesspamela
A couple of reasons she could have dental problems and brushing them hurts especially the gums. She may need to be checked out by a dentist.

Or there could be something in the toothpaste that maybe making her ill.

Does she rinse with anykind of mouth rinse?

You may need to say something she maybe embarrased if she doesn't have dental insurance and doesn't know how to get help. There are dental schools that help with dental problems as they are work on patients for a minimal fee.

I hope she is ok.

Samantha K
Rating
When one has a severe change in personal hygiene issues then it could be a sign of depression. Or she's just gross.

Jen
Is she depressed? Sometimes people who are depressed have a tendency of letting themselves go. Or just laziness? Instead of bugging her about it, maybe comment about her breath. Maybe that will make her self-conscience enough to start. Thats pretty gross, her teeth, her dental bills..

Tracy M
Why would you wait to ask her? I would simply say "I noticed you aren't using your toothbrush." See what her reply is. Not brushing your teeth is not only disgusting, but it will lead to tooth decay and gingivitis If she has always kept her hygiene up...there is no reason why she would just stop brushing her teeth

oj
Rating
Perhaps something hurts her? Or she uses your toothpaste/ Ask her...

bronte heights
Rating
sudden changes in caracter and lack of interest in hygiene can be a sign of depression. Or it could just mean that she brushes elsewhere. Is her breath horrible, are her teeth gross?

Kulet.gal
There's only one way to find out. ASK her. Or an expert guesser, i.e., a doctor.

Helen DDS
Rating
I concur with some of the other answers, DEPRESSION is the major cause of lack of hygiene. My own sister lived w/ me for several months when I asked her about where she kept her toothbrush. She said she didn't have one. I couldn't believe it, since I had tons. She said she hadn't brushed for lots longer before she'd moved in. She sufffers from major depression. Hygiene is one of the symptoms

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy