Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What color braces should i get i am 12 almost 13?

Additional Details
i am thinking about getting pink and ...

Help, got really , really bad toothache. What will help???
Drugged up on pain killers, i've try'ed ice, hot flannels, and stuff to numb my mouth. not good enough, i'm in so much pain. i'd rather have anouther baby....

What food or drink stains your teeth the most?

Additional Details
is there any actual scientific proof?...

Do braces really hurt??
I have herd that braces reeally hert...... Should i take some tylonel b4 or what?????

Question about teeth whitening (crest strips)?
it says to wear these strips 2 times a day (half an hour each time) but what will happen if i do it more than 2 times, like 4 times?...

Wierd or not you decide?
right i know this woman and where ever she goes she as to take her toothbrush and tube of toothpaste with her in her hand bag so that whenever she can she can brush her teeth whilste i know its good ...

I'm getting braces on Monday what should i do?
what can i eat when i have braces?...

Do dentists always know if your bulimic?
I went to my dentist last week and was told that I had 3 cavities. He said I needed to brush the back of my teeth better.....so I looked when I got home and the back of my upper teeth are dark, ...

Which do u prefer, colgate? or crest?

I got my wisdom teeth taken out on wednsday and i have a hight temp?
of 102.6. I just took 2 Ibprophens(i havent been taking them cause they hurt my stomache and i cant take nothing else) What temp should it hit for me to go to the hospital? Should i wait it out? PLEAS...

Ever had a abscess in your mouth?
been in agony these past few days didn't know they hurt that much I'd of prefered to give birth to all 3 of my kids again at least I got something out of that lol

Thanks
A...

Hi ive got a small gap in my teeth .?
how much would braces ...

Do braces hurt because i am getting mine tommorow so please tell me?
i am getting braces tmmorow and i whant to know if it hurts when you put them on annd when they tighten ...

Root canal or pull tooth whats more painful?
I need a root canal I was told but some people told me getting it pulled would hurt less. I'd have the tooth missing but its a lower back tooth so it wouldnt be seen when I smile. I just want ...

My gums bleed when I brush my teeth...?
My gums have been bleeding right around 2 of my teeth when i brush. Anyone know why and how to make it stop?
Additional Details
yea, I do brush regularly. 2x a day....

Can chewing to much gum hurt my teeth?
i seriously chew a pack of gum a day whenever im at school or work i chew piece after piece and today i noticed my teeth were kinda sensitive does this have anything to do with my gum chewing?...

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! I DON"T KNOW !~ Please thanks !?
How do i know if i have gingivitis ??? My gums bleed when i brush ..i don't know ...Please help ..if i do have it can it be fixed can it go away ?? Please help give me any information you know ! ...

Should I tell my dentist to fire his receptionist if she scheduled my appointment for November 31?
I think she's pretty cool; so, I would rather not see her fired, but I also think that my dentist should know if he has an incompetent employee....

Whats the best thing to do for canker sores?

Constant bleeding gums! Help!?
I'm 22 and haven't been able to go to a dentist since I was 16 due to lack of dental insurance. I brush regularly and also floss but I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled out (I believe ...

Sarah
Why would my dentist prescribe amoxicillian for tooth pain?
I recently asked a question about wisdom tooth pain... anyway, when I got up this morning I called the doctor and they called me in a perscription for amoxil for me. Isn't it an antibiotic? How is this going to help my tooth ache?
Additional Details
I don't have them out yet. He said there was no infection, just pain from them growing in. I'm getting them out in October.

eyerock
because it's been known for pain reliever

mauihillside
It is an antibiotic.

I think he wants to insure that an infection does not grow. My thinking is that the pain is from actual flesh being pushed giving infection an opportunity to grow. He's fighting it before it starts.

Get 'em taken out and he'll give you Vicaden

weirdrelatives
I believe that is fairly common as amoxicilian is an antibiotic. Tooth ache pain is from an infection.

cbellsew
You tooth probably has an infection and that is why the doctor prescribed an antibiotic. Once the infection is gone, the pain will leave. The dentist will probably pull your tooth after you hve started the anitbiotic.

terrieann43
Rating
Your pain must be caused by an infection. He wants to clear that up. Before they can do any kind of dental work, whether a filling or an extraction, the tooth has to be infection free.

Kerilyn*
the reason you have the pain is because you have an INFECTION
that's why he gave you amoxicillian....an infection makes everything swell up....which gives you PAIN...get it?/..

keepingthefaith
IF YOU JUST HAD THEM TAKEN OUT THEN YOU SHOULD BE ON AN ANTIBIOTIC ANYWAY FOR PRECAUTION AGAINST INFECTION--I AM ALMOST POSITIVE THIS IS THE NORM.

coffeegirl
Rating
in case of infection

LISSA
Rating
well for pain not sure but typically with tooth pain u have infection and amoxicillian is an antibiotic to cure ur absess

curmudgeon
Rating
Because you have an infection, which is causing swelling, which causes pain.

Olivia
Rating
Your dentist probably assumes you have some sort of infection that needs to be cleared up before you can have the tooth looked at and/or extracted.

prettyglowormutb
Rating
he gave you an antibiotic because you probly have an infection or an abcess.so in order for him to treat it ,it has to be infection free.

old man gooser
Rating
YES IT IS A ANTIBIOTIC
IT WILL TAKE THE INFECTION OUT
FOR PAIN DENTISTS GIVE
VICODIN OR DARVACET
THEY DONT WANT TO GIVE YOU PAIN MEDS OBVIOUSLY
TAKE ADVIL FOR THE SWELLING
RINSE THE MOUTH WITH WARM SALT WATER
AND GET THAT TOOTH OUT
IT TOOK ME 37 YRS TO GET ALL MY WISDOMS OUT
WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASSS

Harry
Rating
Infections can cause pain. Also if you are going to have the tooth yanked, the doctor will want to kill any infection prior to the yanking.

britney_marco
to clear up any infection you might have that could be causing the pain

JenV
Rating
The pain could be caused by an infection, and even if not, the dentist could be giving you the anti-biotic as a preventative against infection until you have the teeth removed. You must be certain to take this, even if you don't believe you need it. A few years ago in the small town where I live there was a young man in very good health (military) who died from having his wisdom teeth removed because he got a simple infection and he'd always been so healthy that he ignored it and thought it would go away soon. So dentists are very careful that this does not happen.

rojman1984
He suspects infection. See your dentist and he'll see about the extraction of the culprit molars. If they are impacted (stuck in your jawbone or behind other teeth) then he'll refer you to an orthodontist / oral surgeon about sheduling a minor surgical procedure to remove them. Good luck, I know how much of a pain it is!!!

itwog
They could be getting some infection right under the edge of the gum, and I would guess that would have been the reason for prescribing antibiotic.

Cassandra D
amoxicillin is for infection i know i am a mom. i'm not sure why he would give it to u if he told u there is no infection.

Stuart
Rating
You probably have an infection he wants to clear up before working on the tooth.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy