Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How to clean teeth?

Its the day after getting a deep cavity filled and I have a toothache. normal? or not?
Yesterday I went to the dentist and got a deep cavity on my front tooth filled. the dentist said to look for swelling and I might need a root canal because it is so deep. It's a day later and i ...

Help!! How long am i suppose to leave Crest whitening strips in my mouth for??

Who do I call about a dentel hygentist breaking law?
My daughters Step mom has been aplying and tightning Her braces at Step moms home. Step mom is only a dentelhygentist ast. Also she dosent do a very good job the brackets are always falling off. I ...

I get bleeding when brushing and also i am not satisfied with brushing bad odour in mouth.?
what to do to get relief permanentaly i went to dentitist also he cleaned but also 1 month no problem but what will be the solution to this condtion and also can i do minor surgery for gums....

Why do we, as humans have to brush our teeth, when animals don't?
And their teeth are fine!

Why do we have to? Why are they different? What will happen if we didn't?...

For 20,000 dollars, would you go 3 months without bathing, brushing your teeth, or putting on dioderent?!?

Am I the only one who thinks Dental prosedures are too expensive?
I just got back from my dentist, I need two root canals and two crowns. I have dental insurance but its still going to cost me $1850.00. 2 teeth that much? I know I am lucky to have insurance but ...

How long does it take to recover from getting 4 wisdom teeth cut out?
friday i got all 4 widsome teeth cut out it hurts sooo bad i do have pain medicine but im just wondering how long for ...

How often do you have to go to the dentist?
I hate going to the dentist because they stick all of those instruments into my mouth, so I prefer to go as little as possible. I've never had any cavities though and I'm 24, and my teeth ...

Is it easier and less painful to have partially erupted wisdom teeth pulled?

Does anyone know how teeth whitening kits work?
Like the home whitening ones.
Additional Details
And is it bad for you?...

My daughter is losing her first tooth...?
she actually has two that are loose on the bottom, one of which is going to come out ANY DAY! As I was looking inside her mouth, I noticed that she has 2 adult teeth growing behind the two that are ...

How do you make a sore tooth feel better?

Additional Details
A sore tooth that is because of the dentist....

I am scared to get my braces tightened does it hurt?
does it hurt?
Additional Details
Umm does it hurt when you are getting them on?...

How old do you have to be to get braces?
I believe my six year old is going to be needing braces in the future. How old do you have to be to get them and how expensive are they? I am sure you have to have all of your adult teeth but when ...

Has anyone ever got a root canal?
how long does it take and is there anything to take the pain away?does the needle hurt?

Can I sell my teeth for money?
the teeth in question belong to my son. he had them extracted to make room for braces. they are perfect. he cannot do anything with them and was told he could sell them to a lab or something of this ...

Should you drink orange juice when you have braces on your teeth.?
The orthodontist never told us this, but my friend was. I know about fizzy drinks, etc etc....

Does everyone have to get there wisdom teeth removed or is it optional?

Dan E.
Why is my tooth turning grey?
does anyone know? why one of my tooth is turning grey and can it spread to other teeth?

Sara
It's because your tooth is rotting, the bacteria can spread to healthy teeth and start the decaying process on them. Go to the dentist asap.

Victus
Rating
Because you're dirty and you don't brush your teeth!!!

jolin
It may be because of tooth cavity and yes it may spread to other teeth. Therefore, do consult a dentist asap to save your other teeth. Good luck :)

jamrdh70
Rating
It is most likely either decay or that the nerve has been damaged. If it is the nerve, it is likely due to trauma, like a bump to the mouth. If this is the case it could turn up that other surrounding teeth may be effected, but I suspect it is just the one. If it is decay (cavity) you could have other effected teeth as well. Check above the tooth to see if there is a little bubble above it, that might indicate an abcess, which is the dead nerve causing an infection. You should have either of these checked by a dentist to rule them out. If the nerve is dead you will need a root canal and if it is decay then a filling. You should expect them to take an xray of the area. Either way, I wouldn't put it off too long as a long term infection (this won't heal itself) isn't good for your whole body health and if it's decay, it will just get bigger. GOOD LUCK
JAMRDH - a dental hygienist

Jenn
Rating
My tooth turned grey and then I needed a root canal done on it! Go have it check out right away before it starts to break apart and then you're left with no option but to have it pulled! Plus it can be dangerous for your health if you have an infection in it which I'm assuming you do! Good Luck!

jerzybuckeye
Rating
The root that supplies blood to the tooth died which caused the tooth to change color. It cannot spread to other teeth as far as I know but you really should see a dentist before you have more problems.

hardmyth
Rating
Have you ever had a mouth injury? I believe that when your tooth turns gray it is because the nerve is damaged and it is dying. If that is the case then you will need a root canal. In some cases when you've had mouth trauma it can take years for the tooth to finally start dying. It happened to me.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
Rating
ANDY,
WHEN A TOOTH BEGINS TO TURN GREY THERE HAS BEEN SOME BLOOD LEAKAGE WITHIN THE TOOTH AND THE REGULAR FLOW OF BLOOD HAS CEASED.
THIS CANNOT HAPPEN TO OTHER TEETH UNLESS THEY TOO WERE TRAUMATIZED.
THIS IS COMMONLY SEEN IN CHILDREN AFTER A FALL WHERE THEY HIT THE FRONT OF THE MOUTH.
TALK TO YOUR DENTIST ABOUT THE VARIOUS TREATMENT OPTIONS.

lost2day
Your tooth is either dying or you have staining from antibiotics....go to the dentist

spijk
Rating
The same thing happened to me. My tooth started turning grey, and a short time later, I needed a root canal. Go see your dentist because if you wait too long, it will start to hurt and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone!!

snickybugg
Your tooth is dying...if not dead already. My Dad had the same thing happen to multiple of his teeth and they needed to be pulled...ouch.

debjen1975
Probably decay, see a dentist ASAP.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy