Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What do I do?....my teeth hurt?
What do you do when you can't afford dental work?....and your teeth really hurt. I was told I'll need a root canal by the dentist last time - but then my dental insurance ran out....

I cant sleep i have wisdom tooth ache lying down is torture any suggestions?

How does it feel to have your wisdom teeth extracted?
I went to my dentist recently and was told that I need to have all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I heard it hurts really bad, and I have also heard it doesn't hurt.
Additional Details
All ...

Getting my wisdom teeth pulled out?
What can you and can u not be able to eat after wisdom teeth are pulled out??? Is soup okay or is that too hot??...

Help!! Toothache!!?
How can you ease the pain?...

Can someone answer my question about braces?
I am wanting to get braces soon, I am learning all I can about them first. My question is after the braces come off you have to wear a retainer....do you have to wear a retainer for the rest of your ...

Wisdom Teeth?
Why do they hurt so much coming in?...

Its been 10 years since I gone to the dentist office...?
I am 19 years old and the last time i went to the dentist was like 10 years ago. I have really good teeth and i have never had any tooth problems, thats the reason i have not gone to the dentist. S...

Grinding Teeth?
My bf grinds his teeth in his sleep i nudge him to get him to stop it as it ruins your teeth but he does it all through the night has anybody else heard fo this and why do people do it? a dentist ...

Wat should I do when I bite my tonge rly bad?
my tonge has already started bleeding and it hurts alot! I cant even eat!...

Has any body ever had a root canal?
Does it hurt i have to get one on Monday im kinda ...

Which is the best type of toothbrush?
I used to use an electric Oral B toothbrush with the rotating head but have recently changed to a Braun Sonic toothbrush. With the Oral B I used to be able to feel the action and believed my teeth ...

Do braces hurt?
I ahve a really big tooth (it is my front tooth) It extends up to the top of my ...

Have dry cracked lips, Suggestions please.?
Suggestions about how to remedy the situation or just what works for you.
Additional Details
thanks Damond H. Ya' smart Alec. The afflicted area is anteriorly located but slightly ...

My Son is having 3 teeth removed. Is it going to hurt him ? He's really scared . PLZ ANSWER. WORRIED MUM.!
11 year old son -

Having, 2 adult teeth & 1 baby tooth removed. For braces.

Will it hurt him ? He want's me to stay with him - can i ?

Haven't told ...

Does getting a tooth pulled hurt?
if so, i am fraeking out i am sooooooooooo scared!!!!...

Kissed a guy... and now I have I have his stinky breath?
I got involved with a guy about a month and a 1/2 ago. He has terrible breath! When we went our seperate ways a week or two later... I had his bad breath. What can cause this? I dont have any ...

Is Brushing and Use Mouth wash such as ' Listerine ' Enough ?

My question is differ from others tell me the madicine name which help us to remove our mouth smell.answer me?

Who is likely to hav badbreath? boys or girls?

SHARON P
Why is it that a nerve in a tooth can hurt for ages and then just stop?

sobay310
Rating
Because nerves become desensitized after a while. Just like when you get a bruise, it hurts for a while then it will go away. Nerves work the same way.

cutiedee
eventually the nerve dies and the pain goes away...problem with this is the infection usually sets in this is why it is important to have root canal done

Berserker_Gatsu
Because your nerve is kind of fed up with you.

londonon
This is because the nerve has died. You will require root canal therapy.

Christina
Rating
When it stops it's probably dead. You probably should get it checked. You may need a root canal.

redhotboxsoxfan
Rating
nerve got blocked by something, food, infection, etc. Sounds like you really need to see a dentist.

♣ My Brainhurts ♣
Hi sorry I can't answer your question not being a Dentist, But I had the same thing, spooky thing was I had just written to my Dentist saying "fair enough polish up your Root Canal tools" and I hit print but I was out of ink. The nerve stopped mucking about over night, that was back in early May. Keep your fingers crossed.

Meredith L
Rating
Dead. Dead dead dead. You may want to try some better oral hygiene before all your teeth die and fall out of your head.

mickeymaz
Because nerves in teeth DIE!!!!!

rachie
Rating
it stops hurting when the nerve dies.. no nerve no pain

bethdimas
Rating
its just gone off to top up its pain giving factor, it will be back...............when you least expect it......go to dentist

electronics,weights,firearms
Rating
you might have an infection that has finally killed the nerve

go see your dentist

twofourd
Rating
A lot of people are right. When the tooth stops hurting, that is a sign that the nerves and blood vessels have died or necrosed inside the tooth. When a tooth becomes inflamed, the natural response is swelling due to increased blood flow to the area. Unlike regular tissue, a tooth cannot expand to accomodate the influx of fluid, so the pain is that much more intense. Eventually the swelling can get to the point that the tiny blood vessels in the tooth become pinched closed, so the tissue inside (nerves, cells, blood vessels) die. You'll need root canal therapy or have the tooth extracted. If not, bacteria within the tooth, the ones that caused the inflammation in the first place, will go out the root and cause an apical infection or abscess. This could get pretty serious, so you may want to seek a dentist soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy