Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Is this been a bit unreasonable?
I'm 18 and had an orthodontist appointment today at 12:45pm. I got the bus at 12pm. The bus was taking longer than I expected and tried several times to ring and say i was going to be late, but ...

I'm Getting Braces. I have some questions :]?
I'm getting braces this Tuesday. I was wondering does it hurt?? And if so how long does it hurt? Also I don't know what colors I should choose.
Should I get pink and black or Blue and ...

Is £2400 justifiable to charge to fix ONE tooth?
My dads broken one of his front teeth, and his dentist has quoted him this much for fixing it, which isn't much work either. His dentist also commented on him 'not having much jaw bone at ...

It has been 5 days, and where my wisdom tooth was is still bleeding. Help?
Okay... Well, I got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago, and my left side seems to be doing fine. I was having trouble with bleeding on both sides, but eventually my left side seemed to heal up. The ...

I just swallowed a gum...?
what should i do? i'm being serious here
Additional Details
yeah i'm tlaking about a piece of gum. lol, won't it get stuck on my throat or something?...

Dentists, doctors ,nurses,please, i have a bad toothache?
i need something that i can do to tide me over unitl tomorrow, it hurts really bad, alreadyy took 3 tylenol.......help, in a lottttttttt of pain . any ideas???
Additional Details
anyone??...

What are the main reasons for taking wisdom teeth out?

Any one else had this happen to their teeth?
My great grandad got loose teeth in his 60's and got a whole new set come through, when he died he had a perfect set of natural teeth!
I am hoping this will of skipped a couple of ...

Breath mints; Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Cinnamon? Which brand is the most effective?
Just asking in case I ever do get bad breath. Don't you think it's good to be prepared for the rare but possible?...

How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
Right now I'm at....six....

Could I chew gum with braces?
I just got braces a few months ago. And everyone is telling me to chew gum. But i don't want to have any problems. Should I try chewing it?...

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Lalitha N
Why has teeth a shade of yellow? Is it a nutrient deficiency?

biogirl
Rating
No, teeth often turn yellow as a result of stain. Coffe and cigarette smoking in particular cause a yellowing of the teeth. Also, poor oral hygeine can result in stains. In addition, some teeth are naturally whiter than others.

There are many over the counter products that offer teeth whitening.

una ragazza siciliana
bcus u either dont brush enough, drink coffee, coke, or smoke

indrakeerthi
It happens because of extra Fluoride or minerals in the water you drink...try using fluoride less tooth paste

dodge_mj
Rating
Slightly yellowish teeth are natural and stronger than white teeth, because they have absorbed more fluoride. You can can use dental bleaching products to them to make them whiter, but they will become more vulnerable to cavities- so you will have to be extra careful about keeping them clean if you do this.

Teeth can also be stained an uneven brownish colour by coffee, tea, smoking etc. Mild staining can be removed by brushing teeth with baking soda, which is safe and not too abrasive. If this isn't enough then you need to get them cleaned by a dental hygienist.

bjdobson
Rating
Everyone's teeth are a different color - very few are really WHITE. They also could be stained from drinking tea and coffee for years.

dancingstarr92
Rating
sometime teeth are yellow because of the food that that we eat. coffee is a major factor when it come to yellow teeth

jojo8
Teeth can become stained by things we eat and drink like coffee, tea, soda, red wine.. But enamel can be all different shades and some people have lighter teeth than others it is just the way it is. You can try whitening toothpaste that can help remove stain, or you can have your teeth whitened by a dentist.

leo
Rating
If only after a antibiotic shot,a board spectrum type,the side effect caused the bone to be yellow indicating that the bone in the system are also affected.This type of board spectrum antibiotic are not use by ethical GP and are restrictive

Jackie
Rating
It's usually because of the foods you eat or if you smoke. Sodas, coffee. cigarettes, etc. stain your teeth over time.
My dad smokes like a million times a day and drinks tons of coffee and brushes 3 times a day and yet his teeth ar sooo weird looking

FATEBLOOD87
Rating
It could be a variety of things. eats, smoke, amount of flouride in the city water.
There are 2 types of stains, Extrinsic and Intrinsic.
The Ex. is on the outside of the dentin and In. is on the inside of the tooth (usually hard to remove or bleach)
(Large amounts of Flouride also makes your teeth stain yellow)

bobcf
Rating
Yellow IN the teeth is not caused by food. Yellow stains are NOT caused by flouride poojitha has got it wrong (so does the hygenist) too much flouride give you white spots, not yellow, they are hyermineralized & don't harm the tooth. Usually they are small spots too.

Everyone has some yellow or gray shade to their teeth (Europeans have some brown shades). Noone has naturally paperwhite teeth. That's a sure sign of fake - bleaching, crowns, etc.

Tetracycline antibiotics can give an olive-drab color.

Halle
Improper tooth care. Not brushing your teeth often will results in food stains forming on the enamel of the teeth.
Smoking. Add another item to the "Negative Effects of Smoking List" here: it makes your breath smell bad and your teeth gradually become yellow.
Drinking too much tea or coffee. Daily consumption of such beverages is very likely to stain your teeth in the long run.

So, what's there to do if you have yellow teeth? The first thing is to make sure your condition doesn't deteriorate by brushing your teeth more often, preferably after meals or the consumption of coffe or tee, so that the food doesn't stay on the enamel long enough to form yellow stains. If you are a smoker, you've just found one more reason to quit. It's worth it.

Then, if you want to remove the yellowish stains on your teeth, you could make an appointment for tooth cleaning by a professional and repeat the process once a year. You might also want to try bleaching your teeth, after consulting your dentist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy