Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Will the white marks around my braces go away eventually?
ive had braces for about two years, and i am getting them off within the next couple of weeks. as i was looking in the mirror today, i noticed that the bottom of my front teeth seemed to be whiter ...

How long do you have to wear dental braces?
I need braces, i have a overbite and the front teeth are pretty messed up. How long do you have to wear braces? they'd be traditional metal ones. Plus, do you think im too old to get them? im 2...

Tongue Piercing infection question?
How do i know if my tongue piercing is infected? or getting infected?...

What is the best way to control bacteria in the mouth after brushing and flossing?
I have problems with two teeth that my dentist says are caused by bacteria that gets in the hard to reach places. He prescribed a rinse with an antibiotic and it helped but it has run out. How do I ...

My teeths r not so much yellow bt i wana make it more white how i make it more beautiful & white??
pls tell me some easy procces for make them more white....

How old did you have your wisdom teeth removed?
I am so scared that I found out that my wisdom teeth are going to be removed immediately after the dentist just saw my x-ray. I am only 15 turning 16 next month. Am I too young to have them removed? P...

Why have Americans always wanted ultra white teeth?
did it start as a statas symble, and if so when did it ...

My teeth are looking yellow,how can i make it white?
i tried happydent and others,i even brush regularly.how can i make my teeth look white?....

Can you get by with no cavities with brushing only once a day?
I brush twice a day but sometimes I forget,...

Have you had a wisdom tooth out?
I'm having one out in hospital on monday under a local aneasthetic, I'm really nervous about the needles, does it hurt & what should I expect from the whole procedure?
How did ...

I brush my teeth, but within like 15 minutes it smells again?

If you swallow mccormic food coloring what damage can it cause?

I had a check up, a filling . a xray ,have to go back for an extraction what sort of price am i lookin at ?
receptionist did not have a clue when i asked her and do they expect you to pay it in one ...

Can somebody tell me about braces???????
ok, look i am getting braces soon, and i don't know if they put anything on before the braces, so what do they do before putting on the braces??
and tell me most of the IMPORTANT stuff ...

I have to get alot of fillings done, does it hurt?

Was the Dentist's Bill Unreasonable?
Had all my teeth (32) cleaned by dentist. Charged me $70 which I paid without complaining. This is my complaint: My wife also had her teeth cleaned by same dentist (Because she wears full and ...

Haven't been to the dentist in a while. too scared. do u think I should go?
I haven't been to the dentist in 2.5 years because last time the dentist found 8 (he said large at the time) cavities. I was really scared to go have them filled, and they have been calling ...

General anesthetic for wisdom teeth?
Guys, have to go in to get all four wisdom teeth pulled next week, have put it off once once already caused i'm kinda worried about it being put to sleep (with gas). I asked several time not to ...

How can you get rid of a severe toothache when you don't have the money to cut it out?

Can you try to describe the pain after just getting braces ?
i know during the process of getting them don't realy hurts but afterward.....................................

max
Why do your braces hurt after tightened?

Dave F
Rating
When you are having Orthodontic treatment, you are trying to correct the position of teeth. That means the teeth will have to be moved to get them into the correct position. Well you are trying to move teeth that are 3/4 contained within bone. Not an easy thing to do.
Let's say you are moving a tooth sideways to the right. You put brackets on the teeth and a wire in the brackets and little elastics pull the tooth to the right. So on the right side of the tooth root, the root is putting pressure on the bone. This causes cells to go into the bone and remove the bone. On the left side of the tooth root there is no pressure. This causes cells to go in that will make bone on the left side of the tooth root. In this way the tooth slowly moves through the bone to the right, while new bone is made behind the root on the left.
The pain associated with tightening of braces or elastics is caused by the pressure on the bone. This hurts for a while, until the pressure lets off because the tooth moves a little and until the Orthodontist tightens things again. Once the tooth is in place and sideways pressure is no longer being applied to it, the pain will stop.

Jiwonton
Rating
They hurt because after they tighten it, the wires over a period of about 6 weeks get kind of loose and tend to be a lot more flexible. Then you get used to that feeling and then the ortho tightens the wire again and then the wire is back to the tighten place and then the process starts all over again.

michaelR
Rating
Because braces move your entire teeth by the use of pressure to put them in the right order.

Pauline
Rating
because it is pulling your teeth together..........

JKU90
because there is pressure being put on your teeth so that they'll move. you get use to it after a while because your teeth have adjested themselves into the position they were being pressured to move to and that is when you get them tightened again.

make sense hopefuly it does.

animalz
Rating
Because they will have tightened the wire meaning your teeth have more pressure on them then before they were tightened,moving them in the desired direction. I used to have braces and I would have to eat soft food for the next two or three days after having my braces tightened. It does get better after a couple of days.

$!bob is my secret obsession!$
Rating
they are gettting tightened ! duh! no offense

Beki
Rating
Because your teeth are shifting, or moving which causes them to ache.

David S
your braces don't hurt, your jaw hurts, because the braces are pulling your teeth into place and this puts pressure on your jawbone.

dental asst
teeth are starting to move causing a little discomfort

Pass it on...
Because they're pulling your teeth out of their normal positions to straighten them. Technically, they're actually loose for a while, so it's painful. They eventually settle and set into their new positions....until the next tightening, that is.

jumpygurl101
Rating
thats because when they tighten them they have to tighten them real hard especially on the crooked teeth. and it hurts when u tighten anything.... i know i got braces..... it hurts but not for long.

Lok M
Rating
Because braces are designed to slowly move your teeth, so tightenining them causes them to start moving again, which hurts the tooth/gums until they set.

snowangels
because its putting pressure on your teeth, to make them move slowly into the right position

Helen DDS
Rating
Each tooth has a ligament around it. One one side of the tooth, the ligament is being pulled and on the other side it's being squished. It's the squished side that leads to swelling of the ligament and therefore pain. It is also the squished side that causes the bone to dissolve and the pulled side that causes new bone to form. That's how teeth move. Take ibuprofen for the swelling.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy