Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What can I do to stop grinding my teeth???
i have this habit of grinding my teeth. I do it unconsciously and it's starting to bother me because i've heard grinding your teeth is very bad.
what can i do to stop this habit?

How do you get rid of an abcess in your mouth without antibiotices?
like home remadies and stuff....

What can I do to help prevent bad morning breath?
I brush my teeth twice a day and have tried scrubbing my tongue as well, but it doesn't seem to help. My breath smells foul in the morning and I don't know how to make it any better....

Why am I drooling soo much?
Ok, I've been drooling alot for awhile.. I've tried to drink things and eat food but aparently, that only makes the drooling worse..My drooling is really excessive and I don't what to ...

My Braces Hurt SOOOO Much after I get them tightened....?
I take pain pills and stuff but the pressure is so unbearable, I can't get to sleep on somenights after I get them tightened...what should I do???...

I find it effective to clean my teeth's surface by scraping it with my nails. Is that harmful to the teeth?

Should i trust a orhtodontist who is not board certifed ?

Can a dentist put you to sleep for root canals?

Braces...?
i just saw a friend who had braces when she was young, and her gum wasn't a very healthy color. she doesnt smoke or do anything that discolors gums, im thinking about getting braces but im ...

Okay what happens when you have braces but you stop going to the orthidonist???
I Have braces and a couple months ago i moved out of my parents house and now i'm back and my braces we're through their insurance but they droped it. So now i have braces still on and ...

Whats the best thing to do for a toothache?

Toothbrush Cleaning?
My friend mixed my toothbrush with her money. (Money is dirty!!) My toothbrush was open and out of its little carry case. How do I clean it without buying a new toothbrush? (Just to tell you this ...

Please help ..?
I went to the dentist this morning and had my bottom right wisdom pulled. I have had a lot of pain from it as he said he had to cut the jaw bone a bit to ease the tooth out. I have a few stitches as ...

Wisdom Teeth?
My friend has to get her's pulled and so we were talking about em. I don't think mine have grown in yet and i'm 17. Is that normal? Anywho, she said that when they do the best thing to ...

Can anyone give me insight on wisdom teeth surgery?
what to expect. what i can eat. how painful it is. if the IV is scary. etc etc.

im totally freaked out to have it done and im getting it done tomorrow....

How long do braces make your mouth hurt after they are put on?
I was just wondering, so if anyone can help...please do!
Additional Details
thank you so much guys, today is my second day with them on and i just take ibuprophin(sp?)...i have grown ...

For the third time, dentists & orthodontists please answer?
ive asked like a million retainer questions, but here goes. i wear top and bottom clear retainers (like invisalign) and the edge is long and curls out in some places, like behind my top left molars. ...

Teeth Whitening?
I know that the trays in the dentists office eventually wear off I was wondering how often I have to put up the $500 to get it ...

Wisdom teeth removal?
my orthodontist told me i was going to have my wisdom teeth removed soon, and that's making me really scared. i searched up stuff on impacted wisdom teeth, and i found out that since mine haven&#...

Freaked out about braces!!!!!! pls answer!!!!!!?
i am getting braces tomorrow and i am really,really, really scared and i have a few questions:
1. how long does it take to get the put on (im getting top and bottom regular braces)
2. what ...

♪♥ ♥♪
Why do you have to have your wisdom teeth pulled out?
Cause back then they didn't have to! I dont want Mine to get pulled out I like them were they are.

Heroic Zach
Rating
DO NOT get them pulled if your dentist tells you to WITHOUT GETTING A SECOND, TRUSTED OPINION. I am related to dentists, so this is easier for me. However, think about it. Dentists can make a load of money by telling you that you need them pulled even though you don't need them pulled.

Remember, it's still a business!

VoRtExXSe7en
Rating
not everyone has to have them pulled out, all 4 of mine came in and i am fine, if you have a smaller mouth, where it wouldnt be easy to fit them, you need them pulled, if they are sore and they hurt and the dentist said you need them pulled, your out of luck

Ry
if you have impacted wisdom teeth you will need to get them out. they can cause infection and cause your other teeth to shift. and if you wait too long you will feel severe discomfort and pain!!!

Hikapakapee
If your wisdom teeth are not giving you any pain, and they are not making the rest of your teeth move...then they won't remove them! If they don't grow in straight...and the dentist sees this...they are prolly wanting to get them out so they won't mess up your teeth alignment! Wisdom teeth do not serve any purpose! They are hard to reach with a tooth brush...so they rarely get brushed or flossed! This can cause decay on the wisdom teeth, and infect the gums because you can't floss! Your gums will swell...you won't be able to chew on that side of the mouth...then they will insist on pulling them! Have the dentist give you a reason of why your teeth specifically needs to be pulled! And not just because there is no use for them! I will tell you one thing! Just incase in the future...if you start to have problems with your wisdom teeth...and they need to be pulled...the older you get...the longer the recovery maybe! Not always...but it is heard of! Good luck hun!

thatweirdchick
Rating
not everyone has to have them pulled. everyones mouth is different and you may have enough room to support your wisdom teeth. but, my teeth were getting pushed around by my wisdom teeth, and my dentist is four-square against bullying. so he pulled those little buggers out. :D and theres nothing to worry about. they put me out. i woke up with 4 sores in my mouth where my teeth used to be, couldnt eat solid foods for a week and its was all over. healed up completely and i have a bettter smile because of it. :D

laura
i will have to get my wisdom teeth pulled, simply because they wont fit in my mouth. from the x-rays they will be growing in through my cheekbone. of course, this is different for everyone. my mom had enough room in her mouth for them, and my friend doesnt even have wisdom teeth!

starr11fan
Rating
You won't need to have them pulled if you have enough room in your mouth. Most people already have a mouth full of teeth, so there is no space left for the wisdom teeth...this being the reason they are pulled.
Your dentist will talk to you about whether you have enough room in your mouth for the additional teeth. Also you might "technically" have enough space, but it can cause all your other teeth to crowd and shift...causing all kinds of problems AND even more invasive dental work later on!
When my wisdom teeth tried to "make an appearance" I was well aware, and in a great deal of pain:( Since I didn't have the space, they were causing a lot of pain and pressure on my jaw and other teeth.

Zaack08
Rating
From what I know not everyone does. The doctor does a simple x-ray and then sees if they are growing in crooked and if they are they get pulled out. Because they can collied with other teeth and stuff and cause infection that could even lead to death if left untreated which is rare.

smithjjr
Rating
I HAD ALL 4 OF MINE PULLED AND I HAVE BRACES. THE ORTHO SAID THAT IF I DIDN'T THAT AFTER THE BRACES COME OFF THAT THE WISDOM TOOTH COULD MESS UP THE WORK THAT THE BRACES HAVE DONE. ALSO BECAUSE THEY CAN GIVE YOU PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE. :)

lily19559
Rating
they tend to put to much pressure on the jaw and other teeth and can become impacted I think that can cause infection but not evey one has taht happen but most women do because we have smaller mouths talk to your dentist

Hope
Rating
Not everyone has the "need" to have their wisdom teeth removed.
Have your dentist check to see if your jaw has room to accomodate your wisdom teeth.
If your other teeth would be to crowded, or if there is a problem with either the bone or the teeth, they can be removed. The reason for anyone to have them removed is to minimize future pain and problems that can be avoided.

If you don't need it -- Great!

vicki b
You don't HAVE to get your wisdom teeth taken out. Usually they are taken out if they are bothering you and causing you a lot of pain, if they are infected or have cavities, or if you have crooked teeth or not enough room in your mouth for your other teeth to have room, then they will take them out. Other than the above reasons you should eb able to keep your wisdom teeth if you want, unless you have one of the above going on, then don't sweat it. I am 23 and I am only missing one of my wisdom teeth because it had a cavity and needed to be pulled, other than that I have the other 3 with no problem. Good luck and I hoped this helped!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy