Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

What else can i use for bad breath other then mouthwash, mints and toothpaste?

Please anser: how much does it hurt to get a tooth pulled?(see details)?
As in a not loose tooth, getting numbing shots injected in your gums, pulling it out and stitching it up? (no tooth growing in under it) awake but numb... please! any pain comparisons?...

What is the best way to cure my bad breath?
My girlfriend is moaning at me and I think I need to do something about it.

I am only 26 and it has just started in the past few months!

Simply brushing my teeth does not work ...

Suggest a trendy name for a dental clinic?
Planning to open a complete oral rehab clinic. searching for trendy name. plshelp me ...

Any tips for a person being scared of the dentist?

How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?
So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how ...

Is there a polite way to let someone know about bad breath?
A really nice guy that I just met has terrible bad breath. He seems interested in a relantionship but his bad breath is the only thing turning me off. What options are out there to diminish this? How ...

Do Braces Hurt?

Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the ...

What is the best painkillers for toothache?

GUM Gum GUM?
Howl ong does your Stride gum last
Additional Details
how long not how l ...

On a scale of 1-10 how bad does a filling hurt?
1 being less pain full and 10 being the most pain full

Is it true that put a shot in your mouth?

I haven't had a filling in forever and i was wondering how it felt...
<...

How can I make my teeth more yellow? Are there strips that can help me do that?
Ive tried to make my teeth white but after not brushing my teeth for 9 years it seems that I cant.

I figured the best thing to do is to have dark yellow teeth. What is the best way to do ...

What is the best method to whiten teeth without having to pay stupid money?
ive heard somoe peoples teeth are naturally yellow. mine are fine i wanna whiten em up a ...

saralouise_uk2002
Why do we say bless you, after someone hads sneezed?

delphis49
Rating
in the old days people believed that sneezing was a way of getting rid of demons that were inside of you. they said bless you to stop them from going back inside.

Ginny
Rating
The Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained has a great section on the many interpretations of this widespread custom, including most of those offered in other answers here and many others. If your local library has the Gale Virtual Reference Library online, you'll find it there.

KD
It is based on an old belief that the spirit can escape through the nostrils or other orifices and other spirits can enter. The blessing is to keep the evils from entering.
Nose piercing comes from the belief that the spirit will get so caught up in the artifical hole that it will ignore the big nostril hole.

pdmalek
Rating
It goes back to the old days when people sneezed, people thought the "devil" was try to come out of us.

Cflames
in the past they believed that when you sneezed your soul was trying to escape, by saying 'bless you' it would force the person who sneezed soul back into there body.

demnity
Rating
Cos sneezing is meant to represent the devil taking possession of someone's body.

ckboulton
Rating
because in the days of the plague usually if you sneezed it meant you had the plague and would die, so they would give you your last blessing and say bless you.
hope its any good for you

debzc
Rating
It goes back to the times when plague was rife. One of the symptoms of the plague was sneezing and people said bless you to appeal to God to fight off the illness.

clare p
Rating
to stop the devil possesing them.

katiekat1300
Rating
Well you could say god hates you but that just isn't very nice.

Dido
Rating
It is because of the Bubonic plague. Wikipedia says:

To combat the plague, Pope Gregory I ordered litanies, processions and unceasing prayer for God's blessing.

It also has a list of superstitions which are all mentioned here but none correct.

Here is the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bless_you

anis118030
cuz the person sneezed out harmful elements from the respiratory tract naturally

nobody
i don't, i believe everyone is blessed to begin with

oddball59
It originates from the time of The Plague. One of the symptoms was sneezing and when you heard someone sneeze you knew they had got it and would die. People would say bless you and it's continued on from there.

Hence the nursery rhyme Ring a ring of Rosie's (the marks on the victims body) A pocket full of posies, Atishoo Atishoo, we all fall down (and die).

Hope that helps.

trailangel
Some cultures believe that if you sneeze, part of your soul leaves your body. Therefore, saying "bless you" (or "God bless you") is a way of showing someone that you care for their soul, and, of course, have asked God to bless you. Few people know where it comes from; it's become a cultural habit.

ScreaminJock
because of the great plague

meka g
Rating
Because its a known fact that after you sneeze you stop breathing for 3 seconds. We should really be saying god blessed you but you know how people are we make make things shorter and roll with it like this short answer.

saorsie
IT SHOULD BE F@CK OFF,YOU HAVE THE VIRUS.

fluffybunny
Rating
It dates back a long way to the middle ages. People thought a sneeze was an open window for the devil to steal your soul so saying "God bless you" was to bless you and stop the devil from stealing your soul

Trinity
Because some believe when you sneeze your soul escapes so apparently if you say 'bless you' your soul returns to your body.

Marbles
Because sneezing was a clear sympton of the Black Death, so people say it to say 'Bless You. You're still alive!'.

♥ Princess ♥
also, your heart stops when you sneeze and people use to believe that your spirit would leave you unless you or someone else said bless you.

kitten4anutta
Rating
i believe it originated from the time of the black death,cholera.
they said because the disease had the symptoms of sneezing. a vain attempt at preventing the disease

Davo
Rating
Sneezing was a symptom of the black death - it comes from that time (I think)

sheila
Rating
cus when you sneeze your heart stops
and you can die if it fails or something
so we say bless you that your still alive..

LuckyChucky
because you lived through the closest moment of death. you stopped breathing and all involuntary reactions seized. God Bless you your still alive.

bashfullyours1973
the heart stops but not for long. bless you is a courtiesy

Ecko
Rating
Dates back to olden days when they thought a sneeze allowed the devil to enter the body. Hence why someone would say 'bless you'

Edit - The black death ones are wrong, I'm right!! 'Bless you' was even said before the black death. And for the record, the nursery rhyme 'ring-a-ring of rosies' with the line 'atishoo, atishoo, all fall down' has nothing to do with the black death. This is an urban myth.

nealo d
Rating
Because theres an old european superstition that at the moment you opened your mouth to sneeze, the Devil could enter into you. So the blessing was to keep him out.

snikleback
Rating
it's to do with the plague..sneezing was a sign you had it and you were going to die so they said bless you.

Hi
Rating
Should we say it after someone farts???

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 15, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy