Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My child is almost 5 and has cavities. Is it necessary to drill into them even if they are going to fall out?

I LOVE going to the dentists?
i LOVE going to the dentist even from the simple polish and scale to the filling and root canal i love it all.
she straps me up in a bib and off we go. is there anyone elce like this. i no im ...

I have a colleague at work whose breath smells really bad...?
How can I approach the subject without causing offence? She doesn't smoke so I know it's not due to that!...

Im getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow but i have a bad cough.?
Should i go through with it or wait? Ive already rearranged my life around it!
Additional Details
NO, I MEAN WEDNSDAY!...

How do I get my 4 year old to brush her teeth?
I have tried everything from awards to threats....

My gums bleed but only in the morning, any ideas?

How much does wisdom teeth removal hurt?
I have to get all 4 out at the same time and I need to know how much it hurts,how long the reocvery time is,and how much swelling occurs.Thank you guys!
Additional Details
I have had my ...

I got my wisdom teeth out 11 hourse ago and I have been gauzing it since, when can I stop?
There is still a little blood on the gauze when I take it out, but when the gauze is out when I'm eating I can't even tell it is bleeding, my mouth is starting to get sore from constantly ...

Tongue piercing?

Teeth paste whiteing doesnt work?
i have tryed many diffrent teeth whiteing tooth paste.my teeth are not that white but still a bit yellow.im at college and im only getting anoth money to go to college and go out to see my bf on the ...

My 3 year old has swollen lips and a few white bumps on his tongue and a couple canker sores on his mouth?
does anyone have any idea what it could be i just noticed it?...

Does getting a filling hurt?

Bleeding Gums?
I have a question, my gums bled when brushing my teeth. I do not have plaque etc but I have been told time and time again that i brush my teeth too hard. My last dentist said she had nothing to ...

Wisdom Teeth?
I need to get my wisodm teeth out and i am really scared of the dentist any suggestions on how to beat my fear and just get them yanked?...

Is there acid in saliva?
My father and brother have been debating this. What's the answer? What is saliva made of?...

I'm 22 years old with severe dental problems - am I too young for dentures?
It's going to cost >20,000 dollars to fix all the problems with my teeth, and I'm thinking about just having them pulled and get dentures. But heard that it will seriously mess up my ...

Why do the English have such rotten teeth?
i have neva ever seen such dental cases,,,,the english have such bad teeth...why oh wyndott why? do they need a tonic to help ? I say drink your prune juice, for good health....stains/ soils?? ya ...

I am 34 weeks pregnant with a VERY BAD tooth ache, what can I do to cure it?

Do you think that Dentist lie about you having cavities just so they get more money?
When I went to the dentist before, they said that I had 3 cavities, about 2 or so months later we went to another dentist and they said I didn't have any. so like my question..what do you think?...

How do you get chewing gum off your dress?

babe
Why do i need a filling when i brush my teeth twice a day and floss every day?

Mike A
Rating
I would of said that you are not getting to the right parts

kay_flood
Because brushing and flossing daily isn't always enough. Some folks are prone to the bacteria that cause tooth decay. Sounds like you need to floss and brush after every single meal, and before bedtime.

keithmanley2000
Rating
because your dentist need the cash

floppity
Rating
I reckon it has more to do with your genes then anything else. I have a six year old cousin who has had six fillings already (shocking isn't it!) And yet I have never had any and apart from brushing once or twice a day I don't do much more.

old know all
Because you insist on putting food and drink in your mouth. This rots your teeth before you get a chance to clean them.

Linda
I have a similar problem. Apparently it's in the family to have weak teeth. There's not much I can do

nobellykelly
Rating
If you have porous teeth, or just a family history of bad teeth, it doesn't matter how proper a job you do of brushing and flossing, you can still get cavities (therefore fillings).

However, I think I may have been conned in the past, so if you are skeptical then maybe try another dentist and if he/she says you need a filling then you probably do.

Frank O
because you still eat crap!!

gobblygook
Rating
you brush and floss to much.
stop completly for 7 years then start again every 2 months
and no apples

Chariotmender
Rating
You may not be cleaning your teeth properly, or have weak teeth, over flossing can damage teeth, or you may just be eating teeth unfriendly stuff.

Irish1952
Rating
You may have soft teeth. I had that problem when I was growing up. At every 6 month dental visit, i usually had one or more cavities. That changed as an adult, and it has been years since my last cavity. (Only now, I have a bunch of crowns.)

rochell
well because you have a cavity and brushing and flossing every day do not guar that you won't have cavities.

pat e
my dentist told my husband that he was brushing his teeth too hard as he had to have a filling as well

adrian w
every bodies teeth are different in strength depending on how much enamel you have covering them. I have four children who have had the same diet, three of them have perfect teeth with no fillings but the youngest has loads of problems and fillings.

Jude
Rating
How many sweets do you eat?

dmdgirl
Genetics, diet, and the amount of fluoride you are exposed are all contributing factors to decay. Each person is different when it comes to bacteria in your mouth. Cut down on high sugar drinks and foods, and if possible, rinse out your mouth with water after every meal, if you cannot brush/floss. Keep up the good habit of brushing with a good fluoride toothpaste and flossing, because not only should you be paying attention to preventing cavities, but also gum disease. Gum disease causes bone loss - and your teeth will become loose because it no longer has a strong foundation to sit in.

kayte
Apparently i heard it can be a genetic thing but unsure

Dr. H
Sometimes you have deep grooves in the biting surface of the teeth which can collect bacteria and create cavities. Also if you had an old filling there it can get a cavity underneath it. Probably the problem though is maybe you are missing areas due to improper flossing or brushing. I would check with the dentist or hygienist and see if they can go over proper brushing/flossing. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy