Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Was anyone awake when they had their wisdom teeth removed/want to share their story?
hi, im having my wisdom teeth out on thurs. im very scared. i found out my dentist wont put me to sleep because he doesnt believe in that, and so another option for me wouldve been to go to another ...

My gums bleed when i brush my teeth.. not all the time but quite often..?
why?
how do i stop them.. ?...

What the best stuff to whiten teeth with?

Got abcess, cant get dentist, but got amoxicllin tablets,will they help clear up the infection?

What color braces should I get?
I'm getting braces February 8th and IDK what color bands I should get. I'm 12. HELP!...

Does brushing your teeth with toothpaste cause cancer?
ive heard that if you use toothpaste for a prolonged period of time it can give you cancer. there is some ingredient in the paste that can give you cancer. Is this true?...

How can i get dental care with no insurance?
i need dental work done but have no dental insurance. any ideas?...

Had a root canal 2 days ago, getting a shooting pain now.?
2 days ago my wife had a root canal done, she is now getting a shooting pain in her mouth. I was wondering if this could be a infection setting in. Any ideas ?...

Numbing Cream?
I need good numbing cream. Any recommends. I need it to last for at least 30 minutes....

Can wisdom teeth still be growing in at age 37?

About how much do braces costs and on a scale from 1-10 how much does it hurt with 10 being the worst?

How do you prevent gingivitis?

What is the best way of removing tea, coffee, red wine stain from front teeth?
I have a small stain on my bottom front teeth from tea, coffee etc. Apart from a visit to the dentist is there any other way of removing it?...

Do i need a 3rd opinion?
three weeks ago i found a sore pink patch on my tongue,with two wart type things(which were white & alittle painful),went to my dentist who did"nt seem to be worried by it,i also went to my ...

Does getting your wisdom tooth pulled hurt?
My tooth hasnt come through my gums yets so i have to get it surgically removed!!!...

When you brush your teeth, do you leave the water running?
or do you turn it on and off as you need it?
Additional Details
Michael: I use it cold too....

Hey im 12 n i need braces on feb28 someone help me pick colors!!!!!!?
ive thought of a couple of colors but can decide! here are the ones i have thought of.

Navy&lavender

Drk.Blue

Purple

Lt.blue & Navy

Am I too old for braces?
I am 23 and I was never able too afford braces. My teeth are noticeably crooked but I was never made fun of about my teeth. I often get compliments on how nice my smile is. But i'm always ...

I have to have all 4 of my wosdom teeth out and I am petrified! What happens and how much does it REALLY hurt?
i am scared of the whole opperation but in particular the anaesthetic and being put to sleep. what is this like? I also have fears of it affecting me, i am allergic to coedine and want to know will ...

Can an infected tooth cause pain in other places then your mouth?
I'm not positive the tooth is infected.

My molar on the upper left(mine) in the far back has an aching pain that gets worse if i bite down on something and is cold/heat sensitive.

ShyGuy
Why do I feel like i'm gonna throw up when i brush my teeth?
Everytime i brush my teeth i'll start to gag and almost throw up, why is that?

♠The Joker♣
I do that too, if you find out, make sure to tell me.

mr_wiseman
Try not jamming the toothbrush down your throat.

Polish man Javan
Rating
Well, Maybe its because you put your tooth brush back in your throat too far or you might have a sensetive gag reflex causing you to gag on your tooth brush but either way, you might have to keep your brush in front of your back teeth away from your uvela or whatever if that doesnt help, CONTACT A DOCTOR IMMIDEATLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpn540
Rating
do you shove your brush down your throat? or maybe because you're not using toothpaste

1teacher
Rating
Probably because you are pushing the toothbrush back too far into you mouth. You might have a very sensitive gag reflex. Concentrate on breathing through your nose as you brush. That helps me. The other problem might be that you are swallowing some toothpaste.

Raymon
Rating
Its a normal reflex when you brush your tongue.

Claudia F
Either try switching you tooth paste

Or

If you scratch your tooth brush on your tongue, try not to go to far back.

Hope this helps!

Bad Mamajama
Quit jamming the brush down your throat.

joorrdaaannn[=
Rating
your brushing to deep!!!
your pushing the toothbush to fr back!!!
dont go past your teeth when brushing!

Dere Fonzie
I get exactly the same, the noise makes me wanna be sick.
Maybe your parents brushed your teeth too hard as a child, and you are now subconsiously sickened by brushing teeth.

☆ J.T. ☆
Rating
Hey Shy guy: My dentist's hygienist says that you only have to really brush the front two thirds of your tongue. You shouldn't get deeper than the area that is covered in white film. If you go deeper than that, then you run into the gag reflex area. The back of the tongue is usually clean enough after a good gargle with mouthwash, so don't scrape that far back, ok? Hope that helps - Best of luck!

Bizo Johnson
I don't understand, but I usually scrape my tongue while brushing my teeth. I gave my whole mouth a clean feeling. During scraping, I feel like I'm about to throw up. I try to reach as far down the throat as possible. Some people say not to do it, but that's what I do.

♥uuɐuuǝɾ♥
Rating
You just have a sensitive gag reflex...Some people do and some don't. I don't gag when brushing my teeth, but I do when brushing my tongue. Everyone's different...

keljvel
Are you brushing your tongue? That happens, so dont stick toothbrush so far down throat.

Mr.
Rating
You might be sensitive to the type of toothpaste. I know when I go to get my cleaning, the fluoride always makes me throw up when I get home. Try changing your toothpaste.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, July 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy