Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What are some exuse's for getting out of getting braces?
I'm inly 10 and i'm afriad....

The inside of my mouth is bleeding because of my braces (actually, the wires of my braces *it's new*)..?
..is this normal? What should I do? >_<...

Help please?
what will happen if you filling falls ...

Getting braces changes who you are?
I am 24 have a pretty good job and always had a gap.. Im about to get into real estate but before I do I opted to get braces I get them in 3 weeks. Now all my friends and family are saying I am ...

Is it bad to brush your teeth 4 times a day?

No matter what I do I have bad breath. Some one help please!!!?
I have really pretty teeth but my breath is horrible!!! I dont know what else to do! I floss and all that good stuff and still and it is soooo embarrassing!...

How to relieve the pain of braces?
I dont have braces yet...but I'm getting them very soon, so I just want to know what to do to decrease the pain...or make it totally go away.
And tell me if you are wearing braces, or did, ...

How can u get a thoothache to go away?
when medican don't ...

How come I don't have any wisdom teeth?
Im 21 and I only have two molars in the back... am i a late bloomer?...

Am i supposed to use pearl drops toothpaste on its own, or with a normal toothpaste too?

Teeth cleaning can someone help me?
i have tea stains on my bottom teeth that i cant take off is there anything that i can use that works
and dont say that i dont brush my teeth i brush them for 3 minutes in the morning and at ...

About how much percent of people had to get spacers before getting braces?

Should my face swell like this AFTER taking antibiotics?
I have been on antibiotics for 48 hours after experiencing an excruciating toothache for about a week. I self prescribed Motrin 800 mg, and some kind of antibiotic. THEN I went to the dentist. He ...

Why do our teeth fall out when we get old?
????...

Should i get braces?
my teeth are almost perfectly straight.
my lower teeth are all straight.
i have an overbite and i am extremely sensitive to pain.

i talked to my orthodontist and she said only if ...

What is the price range for having all of your teeth extracted?

I need to get dentures. My question is will the dentist pull my teeth?
and put in the new new dentures all on the same day? I just can't stand the idea of walking around without teeth,especially at work....

Dentist NHS?
I've been with my dentist for ten years and suddenly they have decided they are only 'private' from now on and I will have to pay if I want to stay with them. Is this legal?...

Why are doctors, especially dentists so lazy?
I have been to 3-4 dentists recently (in USA) (for a case other than general cleaning) and all they are interested in doing is to take an x-ray and refer me to someone else who repeats the process. T...

How can i have white teeth?
I want white teeth! Im 15. I dont want any treetment or anything. Please tell me if there is any toothpastes or something you would recomend for white teeth!...

OneDraco
Which over the counter medicine, reduces swelling? Ibuprofin or acetiminophin ?
Have a swollen gum near a bad tooth. 2 weeks to dentist. Help.

amber
Ibuprofen. It is a non-steroidal anti inflammatory agent.

Xyso
Ibuprofen (Motrin) is an anti-inflammatory and should reduce the pain and swelling.
I'm not a doctor but I will remind you that taking 4 200mg tables (over-the-counter strength) is the exact same thing as taking 1 800mg tablet that the dr. prescribes.
However, you must assume any risk of doing that without a dr.'s advice.

Cutie
most hospitals give Ibuprophine to help and put ice on it to releave the swelling also

chilerin
Ibuprofen is considered anti-inflammatory.

confucius
ibuprofen reduces the swelling i get in my right knee.and takes away the pain.so i would go with that.

MONTYGEM
Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory so it would probably be best but it'd probably be a good idea to ask your pharmacist.

Nebula D
I'm a dentist.

Neither. While ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (i.e. NSAID), it is not suitable for reducing swelling. It is suitable for controlling inflammation.

A swollen "gum" caused by a bad tooth is an infection, the source of which (i.e. the nerve of the tooth) must be removed. You might also need to be placed on antibiotics.

Amy P
ibuprofen

LittleSucker
Rating
Tylenol will only help with the pain, not swelling.
Any NSAID will help you out --- Naproxen, Ibuprofen, etc.

Bear Naked
Rating
The swelling is probably caused by an infection. OTC swelling reducers will be ineffectual. Get antibiotics from the emergency services.

youknowwho
Rating
Ibuprofin

mrchinlersir
Rating
Ibuprofen will help to reduce the swelling, acetaminophen does not block COX-2, so it is not anti-inflammatory. Remember to swallow it, as just holding the pill up to your tooth doesn't work (and idiots have killed their gums doing that with aspirin)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy