Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I keep having dreams of lossing my tooth. it happne 3-4 times a month. why is that? any specific reason?
is it due to stess? or any other reason. kikindly assist.
Additional Details
im 25. male. not a kid anymore obviously. an 'nope�...

How many toothbrushes do you have ?

Is 15 a little old to be getting braces?
Ok so i'm 15 years old and finishing my freshman year of high school. Most of my friends are getting their braces off now, but im just now getting mine on this summer. I feel kind of stupid not ...

My teeth is gone yellow HELP!!!!!!1?
my teeth is gone yellow i dont smoke what wll i do to get them white ...

How do you cure mouth odour?
What do I do to get rid odf bad mouth odour? Sometimes when other people speak to me I perceicve nothing, but when I open my mouth....I this strong alkaline breath rushes out. I'cve tried ...

Wisdom teeth help!?
I have to have my wisdom teeth cut out and iam scared as i keep hearing different stories! Do they dislocate your jaw? Do you get put to sleep?
Additional Details

How long do i have to wait to start smoking again after getting my wisdom teeth removed???
idk if it will give me some type of infection or anything so yea...

i got my surgery on wed. and its now sat. can i smoke??...

How many drinks would it take to fight a kangaroo?

I want to get tooth implants...?
I was in a car accident and lost my front side tooth and damaged other teeth (I had the braces wire on). I have been undergoing surgery after surgery to reconstruct all the damage to my mouth. C...

Why do some people not brush their teeth?

How do i get the pain of braces to sooth?
I just got my braces on 3 hours ago and my teeth hurt! how do get the pain to sooth?!?!?...

How does a dentist test for a cracked tooth?
How does the dentist know if a tooth is cracked or not?...

Wisdom teeth pulling?
Ok I have a dentist appt tomarrow. I already know that I have to get my 2 wisdom teeth pulled. Which I am scared to death. But when they numb your gums before they give you the shot. Can you feel the ...

My braces are cuting my inner cheeks what should i do??

I have to get a root canal wed..any advice??
how's the pain..is it really bad?
Additional Details
they told me 2 take 1 Valium the night before and 2 an hour before the ...

I am having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted in 2 hours!?
Freaking out slightly... I dont do well with pain =(

I have soft foods to eat, and am off work for a couple days.

Any words of "wisdom" for me Teehee!...

Best way to whiten your teeth?
Without having to take an uber expensive trip to a dentist?
Additional Details
I'm aware brushing works, for the dumb f u c k s ...

Trying to save some money on dental work, have any thoughts?
My neighbor Henry is real handy with tools and fixing things.
He said he could drill my bad tooth with his Black& Decker, and fill it with bondo. I am considering it, have any thoughts?...

Would you smile if you had very bad-ly aligned teeth?

Additional Details
well not everyone can affort treatments!!...

How do U get a gap in your teeth fixed?
Not that I have one but my friend does... she wants to get fixed before we get into our senior year in High School. Her gap is like little in her two front teeth.
So does anyone know a solution ...

Sara
When you get braces do you get shots??

Daft One
Rating
No, unfortunately they don't give you any pain medicine, and it hurts like hell!

Cheers and *hugs*

Kate
I think some of my friends did, I got this numbing gel.
Honestly it was grand, the dentist isn't going to hurt you.
But its going to be hard to eat afterwards, so have a good large meal before hand

Namine♥
Rating
No clue.

William C
Rating
You should get a flu shot this year. (Can you tell I haven't a clue)

Barbie V
Rating
No - it not that bad especially if you are having tram lines

C2C
When I got braces the only shots I got were before the braces because I had to get four teeth removed.

prsmiley725
No you don't get any shots. The overall process is pretty easy. the only part that is a little difficult is the bands, which are slid into place with help of you biting a stick. Then, they glue brackets on, postion them and put the wire in. The process is about 1 hr and a half and you'll be a little uncomfortable for a few days/ tightening appointments. You'll get used to it, eat soft foods and keep you eye on the end result!! Good luck!!

yo mom
Rating
no unless you need to get fillings but if u do get fillings, its a fine needle so it doesnt hurt. but u do need to get braces tightened. it might not hurt at the time but later, it does

reductil
is no need

yanksgirl313
I didn't and neither did my sister.

armybrat_105
i had braces and i didn't get shots. I'm not sure why you would. interesting question though

FoxyEva25
I didn't. they don't hurt when they put them on. Its more like the next day, and its more like a ache

lalalala
nope..i didn't when i got them.

Rianna
No.

Heather
no, putting them on doesn't hurt it just feels weird

teajohnsf
Rating
No, shots for me and my 12 year-old. But don't worry. For me, the hardest part of braces is getting used to to the head gear at night. It took me three sleepless nights, but some people just breeze through it (like my son). I had mine for 3 years and had it removed when I was 17. I'm now 41, and still have nice straight teeth. Just keep brushing at least twice a day and floss every night. Also, when you get your braces, remember to thank your parents for it.

dental asst
No injections for braces...... No pain is involved.. you might experience a little discomfort the next day but ibuprofen should do the trick, chewing sugarless gum also helps.

Denise
Rating
no

♥ Lala
Rating
No.

Simply Lovely
No shots. Having braces put on your teeth, does not hurt. The next day your mouth will be sore though, but a little Advil or something will help and in a few days you will be use to them.

Cindy
Rating
No one I know did, including myself.

Chris
Shots? Like to freeze the mouth? Not that I remember unless things have changed sinc eI had them when I was 14. It was painless when putting the braces on. Awkward but painless. Taking them off hurt a little bit but it wasn't that bad.

love2dance
Rating
no...who told you that?

bernman101
only if you have distemper or rabies....:D

♥crazygirl♥
no, you do not get any shots when you get braces. it doesn't hurt when they put them on. but you will have to get used to them.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy